Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

:huh:

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   MG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

CTC Kenny is Surgeon Lt-Commander Royal New Zealand Navy (Retired).

#3 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

Yes... the Navy has supplied ACC with some "useful" staff haven't they.......

#4 User is offline   suedem 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:45 PM

This doctor is the one who cost me my job and worsened my injury. He is the worst sort of doctor I can imagine. He advocates "working through the pain" and labels any sort of pain that he can't feel, "mild pain".

This section of the pdf file underlines his attitude:
"An important concept to convey to injured workers is that the development or
continuation of mild pain during work activities is not necessarily a
contraindication to work, and does not necessarily indicate that harm is occurring.
Symptoms such as pain and restricted range of movement must be assessed
individually and the situation discussed with the patient.
There is good evidence to indicate that the sooner a person returns to some form
of work following injury or illness, assuming that this return is planned and
supervised, the faster he/she will recover.
The longer people remain away from work, the lower the likelihood of eventual
return to work. Ganora reported a series of cases of compensable low back injury
in which of those referred within 4 weeks of injury, 86% returned to normal work
duties and 14% returned to selected alternative duties. Of those patients referred
with chronic disability (average duration of symptoms 2.5 years) 27% returned to
normal work duties, and 14% returned to selected alternative duties."

This man should not be in practise. I consider him dangerous to health He was instrumental in costing me mine. His belief about pain and "rehabilitation" meant that he said that all of us who were injured at work could continue to work our full hours. ACC and employers love him. Your health won't.

I suppose that Dr Mendel of Auschwitz fame would agree with Kenny, that working through painful injuries is correct methodology.

#5 User is offline   Paradigm Shift 

• Pip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

Ask your treatment provider if they can say the same thing.

#6 User is offline   MG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

Dr Mengele held the rank of Colonel in the SS. After World War 2, there was so much concern about the ethical breaches of military doctors that a big conference was held (Helsinki? Vienna, Tokyo?). Lots of cocktails consumed and a declaration on medical ethics (that I can't find at the moment). It reiterated the "first, do no harm" principle, which is the oldest principle of medical ethics (all the way back to Hippocrates). Flash forward to 2004 - military doctors in the US armed forces are under "investigation" for their role in either permitting or administering torture in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay prisons, in US- occupied Iraq and US-occupied Cuba, respectively.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

#7 User is offline   Karney 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:33 AM

Hey Compliant - hope you got the wierd mess with the faxes sorted out?

Did you have much contact with Sarah Hills-Livingstone when she was at Catalyst? She is now (as far as I know) the manager of ******* and she was involved in my work injury case. She seemed really nice when I met her face to face but some of the stuff she has written on my file has incensed me! Grrr. I wish they would check things out with me first before entering things on file as factual.

The report about Dual Loyalties was particularly relevant for me as I received my injury, and all the shitty treatment that followed, as a health service employee. And I have had ethical difficulties with a lot that I have been asked to do both while working in the health service and while working for one year as an ACC case manager - Never again!

There seems to be an attitude endemic in New Zealand society that anyone who asks for help - particularly if that help is likely to cost money - is a liar and a bludger who is out to rip off the system. So case managers and support service providers start off with that attitude before they even meet the claimant/client and come out with all guns blazing right from the start in order to protect themselves and their employers. Talk about innocent until proven guilty! Anyway, I have had enough of this kind of power tripping and I dont want to play those games anymore.

#8 User is offline   suedem 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:16 PM

Yeh, that's right; Dr Mengele was the one I was thinking of. There are people who get a kick out of cruelty to people and animals and there are creeps who don't think anything of making money at the expense of others' health. "Firstly do no harm"! I would have to say that I used to believe that we in the health system all agreed with that. I can't say that now. I know it's not true, through my own experience at the hands of a group of doctors who have got power to do virtually whatever they like and, it seems, even with the blessing of the HDC and the Medical Council. ACC and their assessors have too much power over peoples' health and wellbeing. And it is dead wrong that claimants have no recourse other than court cases which many cannot afford (and cannot win because of our system).

One day, I hope these doctors will be revealed for what they are and held to account . When that happens, watch them run for cover. God knows I have tried, but the HDC and Med Council protect them. The HDC even had the cheek to say to me, when I tried to answer his answers to my complaint, that it was not fair on Kenny to "put him through more". Huh?!!! How about fairness for ME, the one (in severe pain I might add) who he harassed for over half an hour because I would not give him consent to get at my GP records?... and THEN he said he could not assess me because we had "run out of time"! (WHAT THE??!! .... a good one for "Rove Live" if we lived in Aussie.)

#9 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

View Postdoppelganger, on 03 June 2005 - 10:05 PM, said:

:huh:

Page 15 in this report please note the use of the word "Aggressive".....

#10 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

I think the aggressive is not to be aggressive to the injured but it is meant to get on with the job at hand in supplying entitlements for the earliest possible date of returning to work.

Interesting in what job the case manager rehabilitation co-ordenator or what other name they like to be called has been refered in this documentation.

ROLES OF A REHABILITATION CO-ORDINATOR
1. Ensuring that the injured person obtains an early accurate diagnosis and
aggressive management of the problem(s)
2. Facilitating early return to work by maintaining contact with the injured person,
treating practitioner and rehabilitation providers
3. Developing a rehabilitation programme for each individual in conjunction with
the treating practitioner and rehabilitation service providers
4. Assisting line managers with the interpretation of medical restrictions or
alternative duties
5. Monitoring progress of the injured person and initiating medical and other
reviews
6. Preparing a monthly summary of the progress of people on rehabilitation
programmes

Who has an accurate diagnose if all injuries, mine has changed with in the ACC and they seam to remove the injury causing incapacity each time they look to check on the accuracty of the injuries. (this is part of the bonus system.

#11 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

:wub: Hi everyone ...

Hi doppelganger ...

:wacko: Yes I have had injury causing incapacity somehow disappear off the Injury list very strange how that happens ...

Possibly ever injury is in fact an ACC Cover Decision ... remove problem injury = no problem = no legal recourse = no cover = no entitlement = no assistance = saves money = ...

Any change of your injuries that is technically an amendment of an ACC Cover Decision therefore it is then in fact a New Decision with Reviewable Rights.

Same as having ACC Cover for a " minimal injury " when in fact the injuries are more extensive and severe when ACC makes an Additional Injury Cover Dececision and adds another " injury " onto the the Injury List it is an amendment of an ACC Cover Decision and is in fact a New Decision relating to the Cover Status on the Claim.

With the New Decision for ACC Cover being made also then means discussions re ACC Entitlements can take place.

;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users