• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whole Person Impairment assessors

#1 User is offline   christoofar 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hello im at a stage where i rejected acc organising my assessor for Whole person Impairment who was Dr Rosy Fenwicke but have reincluded her along with Drs Jorgen Schousboe,Michelle Todd,John Collier.They (acc)tell me thats it NZwide for WPI assessors but i dont believe a word of it.I need the Official register and after the arguement i had with Michelle Groenendal as she told me to give an answer over the phone there and then and no time is allowed to sort assessors i smell a rat,4 assessors country wide (come on)Does anyone know how to get register cos those 4 doctors have rubbish reps and Capital T 4 Trouble from what ive read.Kind regards

#2 User is offline   so ovr sensitiveclaimsunit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

View Postchristoofar, on 08 February 2011 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hello im at a stage where i rejected acc organising my assessor for Whole person Impairment who was Dr Rosy Fenwicke but have reincluded her along with Drs Jorgen Schousboe,Michelle Todd,John Collier.They (acc)tell me thats it NZwide for WPI assessors but i dont believe a word of it.I need the Official register and after the arguement i had with Michelle Groenendal as she told me to give an answer over the phone there and then and no time is allowed to sort assessors i smell a rat,4 assessors country wide (come on)Does anyone know how to get register cos those 4 doctors have rubbish reps and Capital T 4 Trouble from what ive read.Kind regards

Stay clear without fail from Dr Michelle Todd. Refer to recent postings on Dr Collier - (in my honest opinion, now on ACC's toadie list. Don't know about the others.

I know that Dr Peter Dean (Psychiatrist, Hamilton), Dr Lesley Topping (GP, Hamilton), Dr Ilona Bailey(GP,Tauranga) are doing WPI assessments. I would strongly recommend each one of these three options.

Where are you located - generally that is.

#3 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

can i ask a question?

are these the only 4 Docs that can do this type of assessment???

what about the Independence allowance assessment, same 4, or any of the acc doctors (as in acc chosen)?

just a point of interest

thanks

#4 User is offline   so ovr sensitiveclaimsunit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

View Postnot their victim, on 08 February 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

can i ask a question?

are these the only 4 Docs that can do this type of assessment???

what about the Independence allowance assessment, same 4, or any of the acc doctors (as in acc chosen)?

just a point of interest

thanks

I have a very (recent) comprehensive list of available assessors - both for the IA assessment itself and the impairment assessment. Some Assessors do not do impairment assessments, and some can do both of them together, so be aware of this.

I will post up the list later on tonight or tomorrow as time allows.

#5 User is offline   christoofar 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

View Postso ovr sensitiveclaimsunit, on 08 February 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Stay clear without fail from Dr Michelle Todd. Refer to recent postings on Dr Collier - (in my honest opinion, now on ACC's toadie list. Don't know about the others.

I know that Dr Peter Dean (Psychiatrist, Hamilton), Dr Lesley Topping (GP, Hamilton), Dr Ilona Bailey(GP,Tauranga) are doing WPI assessments. I would strongly recommend each one of these three options.

Thanks for that i knew there was more,Im in wellington.Acc have told me there is 4 doctors but now know better.Thankyou.Ill take those names down as i knew it would be in my best interests to seek out a "DOCTOR" and travel to get a competant assessment.kind regards

#6 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

I have had WPI assessment with Rosy Finwicke. Depends on what you are getting done, Mental or Phyiscal or both, how difficult it is to follow their actions. If it is Physical if you get the AMA Guidelines no 4 from your library and down load the Ama guidelines of ACC's that they use as well, you should be able to work out how they are used. If it is Mental, then I am buggered if I can tell you, even though I have had it done, I cannot fathom the way in which it is applied to the AMA guidelines.

I believe Rosey Fenwicke lives in Wellington. When I first had her it was for Physical and soon scooted past her and onto the next as didnt agree with the % she gave me. She does travel, as I live half way up the NOrth Island and I saw her up here for my Mental caused by Physical. Four of them are probably enough seeing as only the assessment is down out of town, the rest is done through Dunedin or Hamilton depending on where you live.

You use a name that I know so I am picking you are South Island or lower North. And deal with the Dunedin centre. Poor you!! They are as think as they are cunning, so be prepared for anything. Keep up to date with the IA and Lump sump law and use the 2001 Act to get it.

Whoever you chose is your choice. You are lucky if you get one. I think I would go for the guy, quite frankly I find them easier to get along with. At the end of the day you have to know what you are fighting, and you havent given enough information on here to say much other that wanting to know if there are only four assessors for the whole of NZ.

On that note I will say it is a possibility, but I think that would be pretty busy. You might find there are some that would work for Hamilton centre, which they are mentioning as they dont have much to do with each other I believe.

Good luck and learn what you need to know other that who does your assessment.

Mini

#7 User is offline   christoofar 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

View Postso ovr sensitiveclaimsunit, on 08 February 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I have a very (recent) comprehensive list of available assessors - both for the IA assessment itself and the impairment assessment. Some Assessors do not do impairment assessments, and some can do both of them together, so be aware of this.

Thanks ill keep in touch for that list.I am on (independence allowance)but was advised to reapply as have chronic Adjustment order as recently diagnosed so Whole person impairment is the physical and mental combined.I have a percentage of disability however this WPI should have been done a long time ago but of course they dont tell ya jack.this percentage(level)will change but i dont think it a simple addition.But for road crash(5 months)hospital in 1999 i hoped they would cut me some slack.Kind regards

#8 User is offline   christoofar 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

View Postso ovr sensitiveclaimsunit, on 08 February 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hey Acc wrote (carefully worded)that the 4 doctors listed below are able to do both physical and mental they did not say that that is all of them as i have now read a reply from blog.They are the doctors they want to assess me,i spose they didnt lie on paper but i requested the full countrywide list from the register over the phone so not surprised at all holding back info.kind regards

#9 User is offline   DARRELLGEMMA 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

View Postchristoofar, on 08 February 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

Hey Acc wrote (carefully worded)that the 4 doctors listed below are able to do both physical and mental they did not say that that is all of them as i have now read a reply from blog.They are the doctors they want to assess me,i spose they didnt lie on paper but i requested the full countrywide list from the register over the phone so not surprised at all holding back info.kind regards

Hi Christoofar it is Darrell here my advice is not to see Doctor Micheele Todd, & John Collier. The reason i say that is because those 2 doctors are bad & basically apply far too much apportionment on a sensitive claim. John Collier on the other hand did a report that he is not qualified to do. I refer to physical injuries like knee injuries. He did 2 reports on me back in 2000 on my sensitive claim & left knee claim. The knee claim went to review & i creamed acc at review. I will see if i can post my review decisions on the forum site later today.
All The Best
regards
Darrell Pearce

#10 User is offline   Compassion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

Questions please!

What is a whole person impairment assessment? what is a sensitive claim? What is an IM?

Also, are acc claimants able to choose assessors now? has this changed?

thanks. :blink:

#11 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostCompassion, on 09 February 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Questions please!

What is a whole person impairment assessment? what is a sensitive claim? What is an IM?

Also, are acc claimants able to choose assessors now? has this changed?

thanks. :blink:

Whole Person Impairment assessment, is for trying to get an independence allowance or lump sum payment, depending on which section of the act your injury falls under....as in 2001 act.......where the doctor uses the AMA Guidelines (American Medical Association ) where they make a score of which parts of your body work correctly, then use a percentage to tell you, how able/disabled you are.... then you get a $$$ value placed on this........

Im or IMA is Initial medical assessment.

sensitive claims, are usually ones where sexual abuse, emotional abuse, or some other form of abuse has taken place.
your file is supposed to remain confidential, and only select people have access to it.
there is usually a component of "mental Injury" as well as any physical injuries, however, emotional damage can be overwhelmingly worse than some physical damage (Im not saying either is more or less important, as they are both horrific)

mental injury can also occur in dealings with acc, as your physical injuries wear you down to the point of depression-which is a mental injury as a consequence of physical injury....

acc are supposed to give you a choice of assessor at any time.

once i got questioned as to why i made the choice
I asked to go and see Dr R Fenwicke, as she is on peer review within the medical Council.......and felt she would understand the concept of the Hippocratic Oath.
She did me no harm, but her report was ambiguous enogh, to get me into appeal!
I found her extremely reasonable to deal with, yet others havent......(shes what you would call a No Nonsense lady!)

Interestingly enough, I was once classified as 95% disabled following the 1st neck injury...........
then went on to make a miraculous recovery..........

now the damage is 10 times worse, im struggling, yet somehow acording to acc-its all in my head!!!
and the "sealed" psychiatric report, is the one that got photocopied 4 times........splashed around any tom dick and harry in NZ, but yet, the rest of my file was missing after requested.........
is it any wonder i extremely "pissed off"???

It seems, no matter what friendly report, assessor or whatever you choose, will usually be discredited/stymied by acc, especially if you are a "red flag client"
(this is a person who questions what acc do, questions the legitimacy of what acc are doing, and get labeledas -a troublemaker.)
Funnily enough, we that are red flags, actually know the difference between policy and legislation, and acc do not like being questioned about their non ethical behaviour......ooh did i say that?

hope this answers the questions?

love peace and blessings.

#12 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

View Postnot their victim, on 09 February 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

Interestingly enough, I was once classified as 95% disabled following the 1st neck injury...........
then went on to make a miraculous recovery..........

now the damage is 10 times worse, im struggling, yet somehow acording to acc-its all in my head!!!

Does your IA assessment include xrays measuring the compression ratio between vetebrae in your neck, spine?

Definitive test for Cervical, Lumbar & Thoracic spine injuries

#13 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

View Postfreefallnz, on 10 February 2011 - 08:37 AM, said:

Does your IA assessment include xrays measuring the compression ratio between vetebrae in your neck, spine?

Definitive test for Cervical, Lumbar & Thoracic spine injuries

just organising those now, to go to a "mad scientist" who does comparative bone/disc/height/compression ratio, but awaiting the scans as i have had to request the ones form yearss ago....
so maybe a couple of months all up?

because according to the recent VIMA, its all still in my head...........

from an inexperienced GP with a medical condition of his own, and apparently i dont understand my injury???

get real 32 years of nursing, 6 in ICU, CCU,sole charge orthopeadics...........yeah right, i know nothing!

and he VIMA wasnt in the room for the personal discussion with my neurosurgeon!!!

I realise good things take tiime, but sometimes waiting for things to happen is frustrating.

love peace and blessings

#14 User is offline   so ovr sensitiveclaimsunit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

View Postso ovr sensitiveclaimsunit, on 08 February 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

The most recent list I have (Upper North Island) is as follows:-

List of Impairment assessors

Auckland

Dr Raj Pavagada – Howick
Dr Grant Galpin – Bexley Clinic - Remuera
Dr Simon Hatcher – North Shore
Dr Bede McIvor – Bexley Clinic – Remuera
Dr Russell Wyness – Bexley Clinic – Remuera
Dr Geetha Willamune – Waitakere
Dr Mike Louw – Ellerslie
Dr Rachael Wilson – Auckland

Hamilton
Dr Lesley Topping
Dr Peter Dean

Tauranga
Dr Iona Bailey
Dr John Vickers

Obviously there are others outside of the Waikato/Auckland/Tauranga area's. You would need to check if these Doctors listed above do both the assessment AND the impairment assessment or just one or the other. So far as I am aware, the Doctor's listed above do impairment assessments; some of the above also do the actual assessment, but which ones do one or both I am not able to say. I only know that Dr's Topping and Dean do both.

Others will be able to fill in the gaps and also provide some further insights into other doctors on this list.

#15 User is offline   Nicki 

• Pip

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

Hi,

I'm applying for independence allowance from acc for a sensitive claim. I'm wanting to have a fair assessment but don't really know who the assessors are that give people a fair go. I was sent a letter saying my assessor would be DR Jan Reeves but she never contacted me so after 2 months I contacted her, her secretary made an appointment and sent me a letter. The appointment letter was off putting it had all these protocols on before I saw her, so it sent alarm bells ringing so I googled her and found info saying stay away as she is one of "ACC's Pitbulls" so phoned ACC and said I wanted to see someone else they have now sent me a letter saying Dr Rachael Wilson will assess me. I can't really find any info on her so I'm wondering if anyone here has some info on her? Otherwise does anyone know of anyone that gives a fair hearing in the Auckland area who they could recommend I see for my assessment?

Thanks for assistance
Nicki

#16 User is offline   moodieblue 

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Dr Jorgen Schousboe is OWNED by ACC.All he does is ask a few questions and gets paid for an hour but you spend about 20 mins with him. My wife and I walked out disgusted, she is a nurse. His report said on one page 5% impairement and on the next page 0% inpairement, he even had to help me out of my chair!ACC sent me a copy of his report and they chose the latter, 0% inpairement.I e-mailed him and he replyed that he gave me 5% not 0% so go figure!! Funnily enough ACC forgot to edit out his fee, more than I earned per week for 50+ hours

#17 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

View Postmoodieblue, on 29 June 2011 - 01:24 PM, said:

Dr Jorgen Schousboe is OWNED by ACC.All he does is ask a few questions and gets paid for an hour but you spend about 20 mins with him. My wife and I walked out disgusted, she is a nurse. His report said on one page 5% impairement and on the next page 0% inpairement, he even had to help me out of my chair!ACC sent me a copy of his report and they chose the latter, 0% inpairement.I e-mailed him and he replyed that he gave me 5% not 0% so go figure!! Funnily enough ACC forgot to edit out his fee, more than I earned per week for 50+ hours

Sounds like he did not assess all of the covered injuries.

#18 User is offline   moodieblue 

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

View Postdoppelganger, on 29 June 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

Sounds like he did not assess all of the covered injuries.

He had no real interest, spent more time trying to explain how good the assessment was and that I had already passed 2 of the 3 scales just by him see me get up and walk. Easy money

#19 User is offline   Corrupt Motive 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Location'Where Possums even take a cut lunch! 'Hawke's Bay

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

View Postdarrellpearce, on 09 February 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

Hi Christoofar it is Darrell here my advice is not to see Doctor Micheele Todd, & John Collier. The reason i say that is because those 2 doctors are bad & basically apply far too much apportionment on a sensitive claim. John Collier on the other hand did a report that he is not qualified to do. I refer to physical injuries like knee injuries. He did 2 reports on me back in 2000 on my sensitive claim & left knee claim. The knee claim went to review & i creamed acc at review. I will see if i can post my review decisions on the forum site later today.
All The Best
regards
Darrell Pearce

Whenever i see this mans name it really makes my blood boil. :angry: Im far from a unreasonable person...I am very bitter how John Collier (drop the DR bit hes far from deserving the respective title) conducts his 'practice'. Stay well clear....I warn you all, with the information and figures I have at hand this nasty im-moral piece of medical 'mis-adventure' is far far from "INDEPENDANT". :huh: He is in all intents and purposes a employee of the ACC as they are his sole source of income.......speaks for itself really. I can only hope he gets his dues wether it be from myself with current and past research and a few others on the band wagon...ask yourself this.....how prepared are you to go through puss and pain to get your rightful entitlement (because of John Lewis Collier) and in the meantime reactively become unwanted, undervalued and feel forced into objectionable habits/activities to survive/cope :(

Best wishes to all and keep your chin up. May we all maintain a objective and rational attitude to fight for 'The right to life'

God Bless and Go Well

#20 User is offline   leggo 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

View Postmoodieblue, on 29 June 2011 - 01:24 PM, said:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users