• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Elaine Riley - Medical Misadventure Team and ACC Whangarei BMA Medical Advisor

#1 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:16 PM

Hello.

look at the latest correspondence from the ACC.

I get this after coming out of hospital, on Sunday 25th July 2004, yet again, as has been the case over the last 27 years, needing medical intervention for problems stemming from the myodil poison on the brain and the horiffic side effects.

I have Myodil in the brain and ACC, through favoured medical opinion, have spend far too much of my levy paid funds to wrongly decline cover for a chemical injury/ medical misadventure claim.

The Medical misadventure team were supposed to come up from Wellington
on 3 occasions. This has not happened. Heres what happened:
  • The Meeting at ACC Whangarei Office with BM Dave Templeton, MP Phil Heatley and secretary Pat Mason, a claimant advocate, Ken Miller ( Whom ACC denied access to the meeting) and myself. Of all the meetings at ACC's offices ( also the years as a professional firefighter) I never had fire drill instructions from ANY ACC staff. However, on this occasion I did, by Dave Templeton. Funny haha, We were only in the room no more than a few minutes, the Phone link to Wellington had been established, We were introduced over the phone when the Wellington ACC office fire alarm went off. This was ACC's excuse for terminating any further phone link communication that day. The false alarm did not shut the wellington building for the entire day.

• The second time the Medicalisadventure team were supposedto come up to Whangarei, I was notified by ACC Branch Manager Barry Davis that the Wellington flights were fogged in and therefore unable to attend.

• Now over 18 months after the first meeting attempt, I get a phone call from Barry Davis that the medical misadventure team are arriving in July 2004. However, I received a phone call direct from Medical Misadventure advising me that the person had to cancel the july appt because the "person" supposed to attend the meeting had come back from LEAVE to find she was promoted and was unable to attend.

A search of the Medical Council records shows there is no person listed as medically qualified under the name "Elaine Riley".

The ACC Branch Medical Advisor, whom is not qualified in back neurosurgery nor radiology, Dr Graham Corbett makes recommendations based on Elaine Rileys written notes ( I have not see these !!!) yet we find out Elaine is not medically qualified.as per the Medical Council register.

This is How the ACC use their tactics to deny legitimately injured claimants their rights.

Dr Corbett and ALL ACC medical advisors need full examination in a public inquiry.

Perhaps there should be an amnesty where doctors come clean and fully report all mistakes, lies and errors and influences.

Now have a good look at these 3 pages, see how the acc favoured medical advisor
uses a non- medical person's opinion to advise against granting an expert diagnosis in Sydney, and all the case manager has to do is confirm it by sending the claimant a letter.

For the record, this has caused even more unnecesessary stress - caused by the ACC and their processes.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:17 PM

here is page 2.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:17 PM

and page 3

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

And then theres this information, in another letter sent by ACC, received today.

yet they still delay and deny using flavoured and favoured medical opinion.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

Just exactly who is Elaine Riley and what are her qualifications. It is imperitive that ACC supply this information as well as copies of her 'notes'. What a joke.......

#6 User is offline   mbe24 

• Pip

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:00 PM

Elaine Riley is listed in my file notes as a Clinical Advisor , based with MMU , as at 25/3/02

hope this helps

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users