• You cannot reply to this topic

when should ACC contact to make claim.

#1 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

View Postgo joe, on 17 August 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

I can assure you i am not the one that has shown a negative in all of your posts i am looking at a members posts of FRED1956 where he was contacted while still in ICU by ACC and find it daunting that ACC would contact him whilst in care of the ICU as to my comment "WHEN should the 1st Initial Occupational Assessment be done????? whats the ACT SAY about it IS THIS OUT RIGHT HARASSMENT and as there is NO statute of limitations in good old NZ this could be an argument for all clament's "

hence again im not talking about IMA OR Vocational Rehabilitation. IM ASKING
WHEN should the 1st Initial Occupational Assessment be done????? whats the ACT SAY about it????????

AND NONE OF THE ACTS YOU HAVE POINTED OUT REFER TO THIS POINT IN TIME so once again if there is no time period for ACC to act little lone the person hadn't even lost his job i feel that this is a per case of over jealous out right harassment by ACC and a case should be brought against the ACC corporation over it

and just out of matter of fact as i answered mini once for calling me blub i am me i ma no one else and i would think about running down those that help other so who ever is doing it get a life as im getting the blame

You post was nothing about medical assessments so why post in a thread about Initial medical assessments.

To answer when should ACC make first contact to open a claim it is in the legislation that a medical treating provider can do such a job.

ACC to contact the injured person would be on a very rear ocasion while still in hospital. More than likely it would be because it is am aggravation and not a new injury as the health provider has advised ACC. If the ACC has decided to look at Vocational Rehabilitation while in the ICU unit it would be a abuse of power. I gather you still have not read the relative sections in the Acts which applyes. This would also be dealing with cover. Asking the injured person as to whether cover should be accepted is not the correct person.

#2 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Go Joe has raised some very important issues and Dopels uneducated and misinformed comments are not appreciated.

When I have time I will add some comments to your thread Go Joe, but in my experience ACC can start at any time to do these assessments as they are using them to assess peoples level of functioning and this is entirely wrong and unlawful.

I know of someone who was approached while still in INTENSIVE CARE AND UNCONSCIOUS by an eager CM who had an IRP waving around. When the person did not respond to his questions he was deemed non-compliant and there was a decision by CM not to pay him any Weekly compo and he stated PERSON REFUSED TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS OR SIGN IRP>
The rest of the family were in the same crash and also were in hospital with the children also in ICU.
How the diggins an ACC CM was allowed into ICU I will never know.

Also I understand that they "live" at the Spinal unit and approach is made just one week after the accident while the person is still coming to terms with life that will never be the same again. They try to make the operson sign an IRP about RETURN TO WORK and retraining.

You never know where a CM may pop-up frorm .
An interesting aside is that a CM approached a young person in Spinal unit just 3 weeks after they had had their life changing neck fracture with an IRP, got stroppy and actually hit the patient in frustration as the patient told him to get lost. The CM was removed and so was also the patient under secrecy.
So yes, they can be lurking anywhere but the practice of assessments by IOA IMA HAS TO STOP<
See Magna's good post of last week. Read and digest.

#3 User is offline   go joe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

THANKS SPARROW

#4 User is offline   go joe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

"I gather you still have not read the relative sections in the Acts which applyes."
I gather your wrong again

WELL I READ ALL THAT BUT IT STILL DOCENT ANSWER THE QUESTION DOSE IT """""""WHEN should the 1st Initial Occupational Assessment be done?????I don't think this applies if you are still in the hospital and a initial medical assessment would not have been completed at that time you would in fact still be under the ARC18 90 notice and even years later still fully unfit for work so what right do acc claim the need to do a initial medical assessment or IOA.
ALL YOU HAVE DONE IN THE LAST POST IS THE SAME AS YOU DID IN FREDS POST QUOTE THE SAME OLD SAME OLD 50, 55, 70, 72, and most importantly section 48 ( c)

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

I could keep answering you posts but you are going round and around in circles

I give you a hint and were to start

ACC treatment profiles, the number of treatments and the time before complete recovery.

You will get all of the information from ACC web site and then match this up with the KPI's

now you have the reason why the ACC staff carried out the pratice of getting people in hospital to carry out IMA. The case manager more than likely did not have the correct information to make a decision on the claim bit the requested information as per ACC documentation.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users