ACCforum: Acc And 24hr Backdated Attendant Care. - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acc And 24hr Backdated Attendant Care. John Miller successful again.

#1 Guest_wxyz_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:06 AM

This video is about the accident victims who were denied 24hour attendant care
by the ACC and the excellent John Miller proving their case winning a substantial
sum for claimants to be backpaid the amounts ACC ought to have helped with previously.

The stoney faced bureaucrat in the botom right hand corner is ACC's General Manager Gerard McGreevy. Levy payers ought to be asking why the corporation failed to get it right.

3.3mb .WMV Windows video file file, click link to download

Video - ACC 24 hour attendant care back pay rightfully awarded to caregivers.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

:wub:

#3 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

Flowers can you please tell us the date of the Video clip. I am surprised I missed it.

I knew of the case of course, but hadnt seen the clip before. Thanks for this.

Does anyone know if the caregivers got paid out tax free or were taxed in the year of receipt?? This is very important to what I am doing at the moment.

Cheers
mini

#4 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

that was posted about 2004 so about then or just before Might be a clue as to what channel and stuff in the credits on the report but google and other search zilch so burried in time.

#5 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

That is on channel 3, so suppose could get in touch with them.

Would love to talk to the lady down south with the sister who was nurse.

Will do some research next week.

Cheers Mini

#6 User is offline   Chrissy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

This is very interesting indeed...still ACC persist in leaving those needing 24 hour care in the lurch...I know just a family, who I will direct to this thread...8 hours is what they get paid, for providing 24 hour care...nothing changes with ACC...gosh McGreasy's 'sorry' should be qualified I think...it should be more like..'we are sorry we got caught and lost in court'

#7 User is offline   Chrissy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

View PostMINI, on Apr 25 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

Flowers can you please tell us the date of the Video clip. I am surprised I missed it.

I knew of the case of course, but hadnt seen the clip before. Thanks for this.

Does anyone know if the caregivers got paid out tax free or were taxed in the year of receipt?? This is very important to what I am doing at the moment.

Cheers
mini

I guess it is important when one thinks about the amount of tax they would have had to pay...39% for everything over 60,000! Yet if they had received it when they were entitled, they would not have been subject to this! This is really a win win situation for government and the people who lived with the stress of missing out for years, get booted down yet again...though I bet many are just thankful to get something, something is always better than nothing!

#8 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

You got it Chrissy Just like all the extra tax those of us that have had to wait years for our entitlements have had to pay back at 40.2% (incl Acc Levy) AND the extra taxing we have to pay when we have reimbursed WINZ the monies including tax that we have already paid once before.

So any of you out there in who has been in the same possition, put exact details on paper and PM me. No long winded stuff. Just dates amounts etc. I need to know how many of us have been affected.

And talking of these caregivers, they would possibly have been paid tax free from ACC and if they have, they would have needed to pay PAYE on the monies. Unless of course it was a payment outside the legislation, but I cant see that happening as there is nothing physically wrong with the caregiver and they are the one being paid.

If anyone down south knows of any of these people please ask them to PM me. It is in their best interests, hopefully.

Its all coming to a head in a rush now.

Cheers
Mini

#9 User is offline   Jack 

• PipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

interesting video.

received a letter a few years ago from Gerard McGreevy threatening to sue me over published statements that they were bribing doctors to produce falsitfy medical reports. I told him to go for it and havent heard from this crook since.

#10 User is offline   happy1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

View PostJack, on Apr 26 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

interesting video.

received a letter a few years ago from Gerard McGreevy threatening to sue me over published statements that they were bribing doctors to produce falsitfy medical reports. I told him to go for it and havent heard from this crook since.

YES well if he tries PM me and I`ll give you further proof

#11 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

Funny that response. <_<
I would have thought being the efficient and well respected manager that he purports to be ,
he should have been saying please supply me with the evidence and I will do something about it.
Rather than bombast from the start :angry: ........................a well Known ACC trait! B) ........................
:unsure: Makes me think that there may be something to hide as I believe a genuine sort of manager would have been concerned that someone was stuffing up, big time, on his watch and attempt to get the evidence so he can mast the bad egg in in his basket........................... :blink: but then if the whole basket is bad including farmer/stock manager who is mistreating his stock and should be prosecuted for mal-management and put down. :wub:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users