ACCforum: Help Needed - ACCforum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help Needed Abated Earnings

#1 User is offline   lee13 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 0
  • Joined: 23-December 08

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hi All I need Some Advice I have had my payments stopped and part paid all different amounts so i contacted Case Manager to see why

I was aware of abated earnings after i excepted a part time job and told the case manager as you know they drill is they send out "work place assesment people to check and bill your

account with there invoice" anyway back to this,

they set a standard amount in the system and every so often ran the real numbers thru and deducted any overpayments from the next payment then as i could not do all hours the

employer wanted, he employed somebody else then the resesion thing came along and i was not needed much and came in only as needed "phone me when you need me"

I just worked my other job 3 hour's Saturday morning fourtnightly and has never been abated as all of my case managers over the years said 1 1/2 hours a week wouldn't bother

well i found out they have contacted this employer and asked for pay details dating back to jan1 i asked why

and now know because that there was/is some back payment owing to me they are including that in the caculations i will copy in an email

I have just returned from the mail box with Letter dated 31/5/10 Payment Advice
No payment will be made due to a zero net balance

I was under the impression you were getting the payments sorted and there would be a back payment due to Over Abated earnings.
It makes me think some clever accounting is being done to reduce my entitlement

face to face and found out that yep thats what there doing and asked CM "who's dission was this" No Answer Told her its unfare not only do i paye secondary tax on both of these incomes
your fiddling the accounts to ripe me off "F%#@KERS"

who do i email
what minister so who do i get to sort this out :unsure:

#2 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:54 AM


Firstly you ask them to give you a spreadsheet with Gross tax and Nett payments to make up the figures you are worried about.

Then you ask them to breakdown the gross figure to see how they arrived at that figure.

Then you take it to a bloody good accountant who has a fair idea how ACC do the abatements.

This should bring in the other periods they have taken the figures from.

It is too big a job for anyone to help you in here and to go complain to someone is a waste of time if they have not ripped you off. So put some of those hard earned dollars (I know it hurts) into hiring a well learned professional to help you out.

One thing is for sure you should be in a tax refund situation each year they have abated, especially if your income for the year is under $39,000 I think it is now, because as you say you have been paying secondary tax on the monies other than weekly compo.

You need an accountant for this. Do not waste energy on complaints. You can do that when you have finished sorting what you dont understand out!!

Good Luck


Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users