Good thinking Doople

#22 User is offline   J. Bloggs 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

View PostSrgt.Shultz, on May 5 2010, 09:23 PM, said:

http://www.acc.co.nz/about-acc/legal/distr...sions/index.htm

Its a big 1. to large to post on here. 95 pages.

3rd 1 down.

makes for some very interesting reading. ;)

This thread is mislabled.
The appeal has not been declined, but DISMISSED !

#23 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

Itís not the doleys who struggle but the Sickness benes. Theyíre folks who suffer ill-health owing to the stressful lifestyles, chronic low incomes, under or unemployment and disadvantage. SBís arenít like the dole. The doleys are used to doing that, this IS Northland.

Even on compo we are entitled to Food Grants from WINZ. Theyíve recently upped the annual amounts and you can get up to 2 grants a year.

Maximum payment for food
More than one food grant may be made in a 26-week period but unless exceptional circumstances exist, grants during a 26 week period must not exceed in total:

single person with no dependent children $200.00
married, civil union or de facto couple with no dependent children $300.00
married, civil union or de facto couple, or sole parent with 1 or 2 dependent children $450.00
married, civil union or de facto couple, or sole parent with 3 or more dependent children $550.00

http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/manuals-a...ds_grant-17.htm

WINZ will request receipts to make sure food grants aren't gone on tobacco or alcohol.

#24 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

Moe

Don't forget there is also the Food bank which is given as groceries not money. I dont know that they have any limit. We have two Foodbank's here doing the same thing, which personally I think is a waste of manpower (volunteers and storage space). There are the Sallies and the Community Bank, so if one had the urge they could jump from one to the other and that $200 each 26 weeks would cover me for three weeks, so one could certainly fill the pantry up.

Dont get me wrong I am in favour of the s/b and D/B being enough to live on frugually without going begging. And personally in all the years of bringing up my children by myself and also my stint on winz while fighting for my ACC, I have never gone to the foodbank but I have had 'special grant' from winz weekly as my outgoings were more than my income even with disability allowance, so one could say that it is my budgeted money for food that takes me over the income, (in those days.)

All I can say is thank god for the credit card to pay a bill here or there and also that it was only a two year stint on WINZ awaiting the outcome of my ACC entitlements.

The budget is going to show this govt real colours. Lots more of us from further south will be in the financial crap if the GST goes up etc. I can see a few insurance bills not getting paid. No wonder lots of people are selling up and going renting, it cheaper that owning.

Wonder who voted this lot in??!!

Mini

#25 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

FBs have limitations, so after 2 parcels from them families have to make other arrangements.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users