• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#41 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

View Postjocko, on 21 April 2010 - 09:31 AM, said:

ACC calls in Serious Fraud Office Last updated 14:47 20/04/2010 The Serious Fraud Office has been asked to investigate matters of concern about Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) property transactions that go back many years. One ACC employee has already been dismissed over the matter in what ACC Minister Nick Smith this afternoon said were serious ethical questions about property arrangements. "These matters are extremely serious,"Dr Smith said. "The public are right to want to know that money spent by agencies such as ACC is being spent with the highest levels of integrity. There is a serious question mark about that with respect to ACC." Dr Smith said he had not been given an estimate of how much money was involved but there had been a number of property transactions involving ACC which "provided less than good value for money for the tax- payer." "Information has come forward that is of sufficient concern that the Corporation has decided to refer the matter to the SFO." Dr Smith said he did not know how many people were involved but later said the "persons" involved had been employees of ACC "for a good period" so the concerns went back "many years". ACC properties all over country were involved. "It s a huge disappointment to the corporation that they are having to go to this step of laying a complaint with the SFO. It may be that following the independent investigation by the SFO that we will need to take a fresh look at the internal audit systems within ACC." In a statement this morning, ACC chief executive Dr Jan White said the matter had come to light while investigating a staff member's failure to follow internal policies. "Owing to the nature, potential scale and duration of those matters we believed it was appropriate to refer them to the SFO," Dr White said. The employee in question had been dismissed for failing to follow policies and procedures. As well as Dr Smith, the State Services Commission, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Department of Labour and Auditor General had all been informed. "Given that this situation is being considered by the SFO, ACC will not be making any further public comment at this stage," Dr White said. Prime Minister John Key said it was best that he did not comment on the case. "It s certainly of concern," Mr Key said. By JOHN HARTEVELT

A small update is included in the newspaper print copy of this article where it is stated that the SFO ACC investigation into allegations of fraud were all scheduled to be completed in 12 month performance target...

Five Star Finance Directors charged - over 100 charges laid.
http://www.nzherald....jectid=10668776

Auditors are, to the best of our knowledge supposed, to complete 60hours of continuing education in their field every two years.

How much formal continued education have http://www.acc.co.nz/ contracted Private Investigators received throughout there lucrative contracts with Crown Entities that they omitted to detect this abhorrent misuse of the Publics funds which are destined to help Injured persons?

#42 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 06 August 2010 - 05:58 PM, said:

Interelated topic please read Barry Davis thread.

http://www.accforum....53-barry-davis/

Here's another thread that may be of interest

Officer not allowed to resign

http://www.accforum....__0

#43 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

The Five most Common Mistakes when investigating Fraud.

http://www.directors.../five-mistakes/

Maybe this is why Internal Fraud at http://www.acc.co.nz/ has remained uninvestigated.

Doesn't help when long term Fraud Investigation Staff are still on the payroll.

Who disclosed to Barry Davis that there may have been rumblings abour to occur that he closed down his company.

Ditto Wayne Chester & his Marinka Finance Company which we think is a conflict of interest with his contract with ACC.

#44 User is offline   1Unit 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

View Posti love chocolate, on 21 April 2010 - 09:10 AM, said:

Yes this should be the focus. ACC tends to divert the public away from priority issues.

So what you're suggesting with the page 9 table is that if someone is deemed "non-compliant" and chucked off acc, acc has found another way to ensure winz doesn't provide any funds for rent, food, power etc. If so, this is nothing new as vic sinclair (wgtn acc) contacted winz to make sure that I was prevented from getting any money from winz for 3-months. a meeting with my lawyer and family funded psychologist had this decision overturned immediately. Winz gave me the paperwork very quickly once they found out they had been duped by acc and moved away from the dispute caused by the ruthless vic sinclair.

I put the Phil Riley strategy into the "search" - there's a lot of interesting information on this website.

So, what do people do now if chucked off ACC as not compliant then refused WINZ support?

Yeah I'd like to know what I can do... 18weeks now 'so called Non-Compliant'... NOT and NEVER have been Non Compliant. After a hearing with WINZ I'm refused any assistance.. zero nada.. NOW I have my Case Manager saying if the DRSL Reviewer upholds in my favour to have me reinstated and backdated, he will immediately suspend my entitlements backdated to the date of reinstatement. The effect to render the Reviewers decision 'Null and Void' Thats ILLEGAL!!!!! For F Sake I've had a guts full of this abuse. I have sent a long lengthy letter which Advocate kindly wrote up for me, and it's gone to N.Smith, J.Key, the Complaints Ombudsmen at Parliament, useless MP Colin King and as required to do, sent it also to TV3.

What the hell is a person suppose to do????

#45 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:11 PM

'Whistleblower bill ups SOE's chances of being dobbed in" by Deborah Hill The National Business Review 17 April 1998 is an interesting read.

A source from the SSC said "It's easier to swallow a whistle than to blow it"

Then there's a statement from a long standing Private Investigator contracted to http://www.acc.co.nz/
"I don't think the people to whom (the act) applies realise what it will impose on them".
"The ethics line would be most use to organisations with a flow of ready cash such as the Department of Social Welfare, Income Support & ACC."

Followed by this sentence:

The act is also expected to raise the issue of an individual employee's responsibilty to bring dangerous practices to the employer's notice.

So whom has benefitted considerably from the flow of ready cash?

What has been done to right wrong doings of Private Investigators & those whom have or still are working in http://www.acc.co.nz/ Fraud Investigation Unit?
Some of whom knowingly removed documents to mislead the Crown to try to get criminal or other convictions against people whom were, within their rights rehabilitating themselves by returning to work in accordance with their Medical Certificates.

Taking into account some people have lost not only the best parts of their careers, home's farms & livelihoods which can never be replaced.

As Dr Kevin Morris whom is ACC's senior Doctor is well aware People whom have accidents causing injuries are Better at Work and not necessarily their pre-accident employment despite what some may assume.

Grassing of Colleagues used by firms fighting internal fraud also in The National Business Review 27 February 1998 is also worth a read.

It is counter-productive to have to spend time (or have spent time)addressing litigation that was knowingly brought about by those whom are lacking knowledge & education of one's basic Human Rights.
Ignorance of Laws is not an excuse.

#46 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 06 August 2010 - 05:58 PM, said:

Interelated topic please read Barry Davis thread.

http://www.accforum....53-barry-davis/

Is it true that Barry Davis was been implicated in the Jeff Chapman, Robins brothers & Bill Cochrane cases in some way or another?

Barry's father Michael was a Techn Auditor.

Wouldn't you think Barry John Davis would be knowledgable,taking into account his own fathers career background, of whom Mr Jeff Chapman had to report his expenses to?

It's understood Barry Davis's wife, Marianne, has spent time in her career as an Accountant.

Some files need to be reexamined to see who may have ommitted to tell the full truth as a witness etc.

Barry John Davis for those whom are unaware was an Accountant prior to commencing employment in Senior positions at ACC IN 1973.

It's understood he worked as a fluid employee

#47 User is offline   Arch Angel 

• Pip

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Fraud is not only evident in the ACC as outlined and of course other departments, it is also rife across the board in all Govt Depts. There is also a certain member of this board forum that has acted fraudulently in the past. After gloating how good she (yes it's a woman) was and gaining a compensation payout to rival a lotto win, her whole case is now under investigation once again. With new information handed to the appropriate people, (by me) lets see how she gloats when this is all finished. Enjoy your house why you can.

#48 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Re Post 50# posted by Arch Angel whom joined this forum on 28 October 2010 we would appreciate you remove your post from this thread.

Those whom come on this forum to post whether they be male, female or whatever whom have had victories against ACC should not be subjected to such a serious allegation which is open to misinterpretation by those whom have no idea whom you are talking about.

Your post has caused considerable harm to innocent parties whom have posted on this forum who do not endorse such behavior.

Your post has nothing to do with what has been placed in the hands of the Police/ SFO etc that are understood to be very serious breaches of trust by ACC Staff & it's contracted agents.

Thank you in advance for removing your post.

We may remove this when you have complied with our small request.

#49 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 20 April 2010 - 04:31 PM, said:

Mr Laurie Edwards press release re ACC CALLS IN SFO.

http://www.mediacom....008_md13455.doc

Mr Laurie Edwards includes his mobile phone number for contact.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10689522

Media have been very quiet in relation to this matter.

The other defendant appeared in Court on 14 December 2010.

Maybe http://www.acc.co.nz/ Media Spokesperson, Laurie Edwards can ensure the public of New Zealand who's funds have been spent would please update us.

Has name supression continued?

We appreciate & respect matters are currently before the Court and are subjudice, however when an ACC client has been charged we read & hear all about it.

Thanks Laurie.

#50 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 20 December 2010 - 04:57 PM, said:

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10689522

Media have been very quiet in relation to this matter.

The other defendant appeared in Court on 14 December 2010.

Maybe http://www.acc.co.nz/ Media Spokesperson, Laurie Edwards can ensure the public of New Zealand who's funds have been spent would please update us.

Has name supression continued?

We appreciate & respect matters are currently before the Court and are subjudice, however when an ACC client has been charged we read & hear all about it.

Thanks Laurie.

Former http://www.acc.co.nz/ Property Manager Malcolm MASON is due to reappear in Court in late February 2011.

No news on the other defendant.

#51 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

View Post1Unit, on 23 September 2010 - 02:01 PM, said:

Yeah I'd like to know what I can do... 18weeks now 'so called Non-Compliant'... NOT and NEVER have been Non Compliant. After a hearing with WINZ I'm refused any assistance.. zero nada.. NOW I have my Case Manager saying if the DRSL Reviewer upholds in my favour to have me reinstated and backdated, he will immediately suspend my entitlements backdated to the date of reinstatement. The effect to render the Reviewers decision 'Null and Void' Thats ILLEGAL!!!!! For F Sake I've had a guts full of this abuse. I have sent a long lengthy letter which Advocate kindly wrote up for me, and it's gone to N.Smith, J.Key, the Complaints Ombudsmen at Parliament, useless MP Colin King and as required to do, sent it also to TV3.

What the hell is a person suppose to do????

meeting at MP yesterday...........unless all avenues are exhausted, and there are no other alternatives, the Government ministers will not look at your case on an individual basis.....

WE NEED TO MASS MAIL THE EVERY GOVT AGENCY WITH OUR CONCERnS-please see ISSUES WITHIN THE ACC SYSTEM, LETTER TO THE MP

For me, all this proves, is exactly what we have been saying, diempowerment, devalue and disentitle
unless we get it all out of the forum, and dump it back on the government , nothing is going to change.
and initially the system was a good one, to take away ythe right to sue, and protect every nz;er who has an accident.

#52 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 20 April 2010 - 04:31 PM, said:

Mr Laurie Edwards press release re ACC CALLS IN SFO.

http://www.mediacom....008_md13455.doc

Mr Laurie Edwards includes his mobile phone number for contact.

Mr Laurie Edwards would you please explain to the people of New Zealand why the current advertisement requesting Investigators in your Fraud Unit are not addressing Internal Staff dishonesty?

We only had to click on the Position Description to read it is NOT.

Why NOT?

http://careers.acc.c...JSHL&O_p=QQEd7

With all the publicity surrounding your own former colleague Malcolm Mason whom is currently before the Criminal Courts facing serious charges & advice given to http://www.acc.co.nz from the http://www.sfo.govt.nz/ surely to goodness your own Project Investigations Manager, Martin Ashley Williscroft who has been a very longterm staff member & may we assume has had an input into these positions would ensure Internal Staff Dishonesty was also addressed.

It's time Williscroft got the sack!!

How could anyone so incompetent last with any employer for so long with his track record?

#53 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

He said that the SFO's investigations had extended wider than the persons and transactions that were the subject of the charges laid, but that, on the advice of the Wellington Crown Solicitor, there were insufficient grounds for any further action

There have been wider, and serious, issues raised by this investigation; including procurement processes in the public sector; the process for referring corruption allegations to law enforcement agencies, and the scope of New Zealand's bribery laws," he said.
Feeley said that the SFO had briefed a number of Government agencies regarding these issues, including the Office of the Auditor General, the State Services Commission and the Ministry of Justice. He said that the SFO expected there would be further discussions with these agencies following the completion of their investigations.
Mason and the other individual were remanded without plea until December 14.
quote from NZ Herald

Pity they didnt link in with the HDC, Privacy, and Ombudsman............then so many would go down in a blaze of glory

petition to parliament? wouldnt that go down like lead ballon about now!

#54 User is offline   Fighter for Justice 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:04 AM

Nottheir victim: I was interested to read what your MP said when you asked for help with ACC matters.

We too visited our MP (different matter) and were informed they were unwilling to assist until we have exhausted all complaints processes. In other words bugger off for between 5 - 20 years ....

Someone did suggest to me writing to John Key and informing him that your MP is refusing to assist with matters ..

It is election year and presumably National want back in.

I personally do not vote National - but on the other hand Labour were not overly helpful either..

Fighter for Justice

#55 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

unfortunately if you inform John Key, you will just get another letter full of hot platitides and no sympathy.

single voices will not be heard no matter how many times we complain

because its election year, no better time to Mass petition the Minister of Police, Minister of Justice, Housing, WINZ ACC, privacy etc............make them all sit an up and take notice, they will be screaming for votes as NZ'ers seem dissatisfied with the current government

when you are doing review and appeal, go back into your file............and read through the areas that you are contesting

its been amazing for me.............because most of the time, the cock ups, or "stop activity" is listed in there, then you can work on that!

ive got 3 cases on the go at once.......Med Mis, acceptance of this claim (reinjury but at new level)and backpay......plus interest, then going to challenge IRD as well for being taxed 25,0oo last year, when i havent even had the full backpay
others on here can provide legislation, i have found that by keeping things as simple as possible, get rid of the-he said she said.......stick to the facts, and use the stuff in your file against you, to show how unreasonable they are
good luck...............

#56 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

target the MP as dishonest and not a representive of the communitty.

waist of time going further as they are representing john keys and not the people that made the vote.

Start with business saying ACC is waisting there levies on illegal Exit programmes that there business is indorcing by letting them carry out the actions. remind then there agreement in the contract to not get sued is to supply full rehabilitation medically and vocational. The vocational you as an employer is to have the person earning to the maximun earning capacity. and if there is any loss of earnings compensation will be paid to the level set in legislation. They agreed they would not be sued for supplying entitlements. The MP is backing ACC by doing nothing when entitlements are not supplied and is promoting the sueing of employers when claims are denied.

the MP is going to make you pay twice once in ACC levies and the other in court when you get sued on denial of claims.

I see it the same tack but to the persons that can hurt the MP. make them think twice at doing nothing.

#57 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

SFO Media release, including Case Summary re this case http://sfo.govt.nz/n173,21.html

#58 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

More news articles about this topic, please note there is provision for readers comments on these links.

http://www.sharechat...on-charges.html

http://www.3news.co....79/Default.aspx

http://www.nznewsuk....ruption-charges

#59 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 15 February 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

More news articles about this topic, please note there is provision for readers comments on these links.

http://www.sharechat...on-charges.html

http://www.3news.co....79/Default.aspx

http://www.nznewsuk....ruption-charges

MMMM no media release statement on http://www.acc.co.nz/ website yet in relation to this.

Have http://www.acc.co.nz/ Media PersonsLaurie EDWARDS and Denise COSGROVE been given the sack???

Or are they on extended summer recess?

#60 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hello Laurie EDWARDS & Denise COSGROVE is there any reason you haven't updated your "News" re http://acc.co.nz/ staff fraud on your website?

Or are you waiting until Malcolm MASON gets SENTENCED?

http://www.accforum....pt-corporation/

Maybe you would please be so kind to let us know if Laurie EDWARDS, http://www.acc.co.nz/ Media Spokesman has gone the same way Stephanie JULIAN did.

Laurie EDWARDS still shows up on here as working for http://www.acc.co.nz

http://www.linkedin....dwards/8/a2/b11

Laurie Edwards

Corporate Affairs Manager at ACC Business

Industry
Insurance

Laurie Edwards's Overview

Current

* Corporate Affairs Manager at ACC Business

Education

* University of Canterbury

Connections

1 connection

Laurie Edwards's Experience
Corporate Affairs Manager
ACC Business

Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Telecommunications industry

Currently holds this position
Laurie Edwards's Education
University of Canterbury

Your staff found time to put two other cases relating to "Fraud" on your site during the Canterbury Earthquake updates & we are mystified why you haven't at least put a link online to http://www.sfo.govt....mason-15feb2011

Malcolm MASON's case happened prior to the 22 February 2011 Earthquake in Canterbury so that is not an excuse.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users