Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:27 PM

"When a broken neck is not a broken neck"

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   BillyBob 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:39 PM

I wonder how much it costs for the many pails of whitewash acc have to purchase each year.

cheers

#3 User is offline   mouse 

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:18 PM

Wow. Don't ACC staff get around. Barry Davis is a master at spin doctoring!

Encounted this noddy a few years ago when he was the in Corporate Office playing executive secretary to the board.

Wonder what he did to be demoted? mouse

#4 Guest_NoRehab_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:33 PM

just did a search on the medical council website:
http://www.mcnz.org.nz/

no entry exists for registered medical practitioners under the name
Barry Davis

#5 User is offline   Britts 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:59 PM

Just thinking about Billybob`s Whitewash comments.

Maybe you`ll find his name under NZ Master Painters Association. <_<

#6 User is offline   twostickswalking 

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:21 PM

might be interesting to note, that when the minister actually answers a letter to the public, then it is generally written by either the vcasemanager or branch manager
in a draft form, and the minister merely signs it. so effectively they are covering up their own mistakes (acc)

#7 Guest_flowers_*

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:14 PM

Yes why is a branch manager apologising for the minister?

#8 Guest_wxyz_*

Posted 02 January 2004 - 11:08 PM

word is Barry Davis is one of the longest serving ACC staff, was once found
as a secretry

was there fraud being committed by staff in Whangarei???????

suggestins Barry is sent to Whangarei to sort out the suggested staff fraud.

#9 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:05 AM

From the oxford dictionary and thesaurus.
Fracture page 592 1a Breakage or breaking esp.of a bone or cartilage.
1b. the result of breaking ;a crack or split.
1a break,breakage,breaking, separation, division.
1b break, crack,split,rupture,breach,cleavage,rift.

break page 172. there is one and a half pages on break.
separate into pieces,under a blow or strain ;shatter.
break a bone in or dislocate { part of the body}
1a break apart or up , fracture ,rupture,break into bits,fall to bits or apart or into ,come apart, shatter, shiver, crack,snap, splinter,fragment,
comminute,split,burst, explode ,colapse,colloq,bust,literary break or fall as under.

?comment, is splitting hairs come into this catag;

Dear ACC please help me with my english terminoligy , which is the correct word to use,
{Break or fracture } or {Fracture or break } in my correspondence with you . Can you help me, yes or no.
from Gaffa 09

#10 User is offline   twostickswalking 

• Pip

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:23 AM

flowers, on Jan 2 2004, 09:14 PM, said:

Yes why is a branch manager apologising for the minister?

remember, the minister, doesnt really know what is going on?, just pretends
to know, she has the goffas running around after her. she doesnt even have to think, they think for her, and write her letters, so that she is not part of the process
except for signing her name. and if she is proved wrong, she simply says she was not aware of the situation

#11 User is offline   Down 

• Pip

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:40 AM

twostickswalking

might be interesting to note, that when the minister actually answers a letter to the public, then it is generally written by either the vcasemanager or branch manager in a draft form, and the minister merely signs it. so effectively they are covering up their own mistakes (acc)

Is the same sort of practice taking place from out of the "Office of the Complaints Investigator" how much of Statement of Events is actually compiled in draft form by the branch staff named in the complaint ?

In my opinion the the named staff in a complaint seem to be able to deny and fudge the facts where any "Breachs of the Code of Claimants Rights" are concerned, could this be a way to save on possible reveiw costs ?

#12 User is offline   twostickswalking 

• Pip

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:16 PM

yes, I think that it is a cover-up so that the complaints do not become lodged
with the Ombudsman office, and are therefore not recorded as formal complaints,
ie have noticed that the lastest complaint to the Privacy Office, has been called
an enquiry interesting???

#13 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:52 PM

RE...WXYZ....
Cover up at Whangarei.... OH YEA !!! ... NO DOUBT OF IT !!!...
They might "cover up and loose or destroy some of the evidence".... BUT...
what about all those ORIGINAL SIGNED DOCUMENTS... That are still in existance that clearly indicate something very dirty / illegal by ACC staff... AT WHANGAREI...
Not just one case... but Heaps of them...
The more they try to cover up the "MOO DOOS"... the stickier it gets...

MAYBE ITS ABOUT TIME I PUBLISHED "THE FORGED VERSION"... OF A LETTER IN THE MINISTERS NAME... BY SOME ONE AT WHANGAREI ACC...
I have the original...... and the B... S... version ... which I found in my files last year...
This letter is another indication of "possible covered up fraud" by ACC...

More on this soon...

Tomcat...

#14 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 04 January 2004 - 08:51 AM

Experimental investigations of fractures of the upper thyroid horns.

Bockholdt B, Hempelmann M, Maxeiner H.

Department of Legal Medicine, Free University Berlin, Hittorfstr 18, 14195 Berlin, Germany. [email protected]

Fractures of the upper thyroid horns are a frequent finding after a variety of neck injuries - resulting from a direct mechanical trauma, e.g. compression of the neck in manual strangulation or ligature strangulation, from blunt injuries (falls or blows against the neck), and sometimes from indirect trauma (whiplash-injuries). Although it is well known that thyroid horns can be broken with relatively little pressure, no quantitative data are available in the literature. In an experimental investigation, the isolated thyroid cartilage was prepared (divided into two parts, measured, X-rayed, photographed, embedded in paraplast) and clamped in a simple apparatus. Weight was applied on the upper thyroid horn (imitating pressure on the horns), beginning with 1 kg and gradually increased by increments of 250 g to a maximum of 8 kg, until an 'injury' occurred. In this study, 120 thyroid cartilages (77 men, 43 women, 16-95 years) were investigated. The location of the fractures was in nearly all cases the base of the horns. The mean weight resulting in an injury of the horn was 3 kg (men: 3.3 kg, women: 2.6 kg). The required weight was dependent on the degree of ossification. The highest rate of fractures was found in cases with incomplete ossification; in cases without ossification, specimens often remained macroscopically uninjured.

PMID: 12935603 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#15 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:02 AM

I typed into the site pubmed
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...3&dopt=Abstract

To see if there is any strict medical conditions such as a " broken neck "
up came investigations of fracture .... read letter previous page.
This was the first one that came up on the screen...

#16 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:32 PM

ACC Trying to rewrite history

There is enough written material out there about broken bones, broken Necks, or fracture’s by the worlds leading experts on this mater .

One book at home I have is .
ANATOMY @ PHYSIOLOGY
Holistic therapy books.
Quote from page 35
What is a fracture.
A fracture is a breakage of a bone due either to injury or disease. There are six different types.
I will only just list the types, Simple: compound: comminuted: greenstick: impacted: complicated:

Now from the Family Medical Dictionary By Dr Trevor Weston.
Quote from page 151
Fractures are breaks in bones, there is no difference whatever in the meaning between the words break and fracture as many people imagine.

In a posting that was put up from my pathway files copy and on this site .
From ACC and in there words look closely states
Fracture/dislocation Upper back/spine and there is many more on file I have to show if necessary in ACC ;s own words

Please explain to me No such thing as a broken neck or a fractured neck.
What happens to the players in football when they say they received a broken neck or fractured neck or where kill because of a broken neck or fractured neck are we all wrong are we missing something or am I thick, you have to laugh at this statement from ACC

Now in the letter to my MP ACC have now admitted to having my first medical certificate which states left brachial plexus which they have just found after 26 years and they are quoting that Dated around the 20 Nov 1977.
What they have forgotten to say that 14 months I was admitted into WGTN hospital for an op Re broken or fractured neck Please check photo on this site .

Signed John Huntley or Gaffa09.

#17 User is offline   the tick 

• Pip

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:55 AM

Down, on Jan 3 2004, 08:40 AM, said:

twostickswalking

might be interesting to note, that when the minister actually answers a letter to the public, then it is generally written by either the vcasemanager or branch manager in a draft form, and the minister merely signs it. so effectively they are covering up their own mistakes (acc)

Is the same sort of practice taking place from out of the "Office of the Complaints Investigator" how much of Statement of Events is actually compiled in draft form by the branch staff named in the complaint ?

In my opinion the the named staff in a complaint seem to be able to deny and fudge the facts where any "Breachs of the Code of Claimants Rights" are concerned, could this be a way to save on possible reveiw costs ?

yes the office of the [ACC] complaints investigater is just another white wash.
the only difference is the minister never sees the letter at all. the reply to your complaint letter, is largely written by the case manager/branch manager/computer.

nothing useful can be achieved in contacting the complaints investigator, apart from explaining to the obudsman that you have exhausted that avenue of recourse.

the ombudsman, if s/he acts in your favour can only *recommend* what ACC does about it.

being that ACC treats the justice system with basic contempt routinely even completely ignoring payout judgements, it's hard to beileve they will let a 'rinky dink' ombudsman's office tell them what to to.

government employed 'public defenders' such as ombudsman in many cases make daming statements which generally change very little for the complainant or other people in the same/similar situation/s.

whether they are simply impotent or part of the same great big rotten game is open to interpretation.

in summary, write your letters, but dont expect anything rapid. play long term.

the best advice i ever got from my fellow battlers was something like this;

'just try to live, and get on as best you can while you wait for your justice'
'because you living a normailsh life, is what they [ACC] want least, and it the ultimate revenge against them; enjoying your life inspite of their atrocity'

im pleased to notice here and else where a growing groundswell against ACC and the labour and national parties that ignored/assisted the corruption.

i guess those washed up politicians will be down at WINZ looking to get jobs wiping our bums in a year or so.

I've never had a former dictator wipe my bum before, i wonder what it will feel like?

chins up brothers and sisters.

and of course i live well inspite of it all, just to be defiant

RESIST!

#18 User is offline   Sigurd 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:24 PM

Good point the tick. The best revenge is to live life well. Your sentiment of solidarity as brothers and sisters, united in struggle, in a class of our own is entirely equal to my way of thinking. The members of this forum by disseminating information and opinions are breaking apart the inequality that exists when an individual interacts with an oppressive and tyrannous bureaucracy or group of same. In the words of the poet:

When the unions inspiration through the workers blood shall run
there can be no greater power anywhere beneath the sun
for what force on the earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
for the union makes us strong...
yet we stand outcast and starving midst the wonders we have made
but the union makes us strong...
we can break their haughty power, gain our freedom when we learn
that the union makes us strong
we can bring forth a new world from the ashes of the old
for the union makes us strong
solidarity forever!

#19 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostNoRehab, on Jan 2 2004, 02:27 PM, said:

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>"When a broken neck is not a broken neck"</span>

Posted Image

BUMP

#20 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

View Postgaffa09, on Jan 4 2004, 02:32 PM, said:

ACC Trying to rewrite history

There is enough written material out there about broken bones, broken Necks, or fracture’s by the worlds leading experts on this mater .

One book at home I have is .
ANATOMY @ PHYSIOLOGY
Holistic therapy books.
Quote from page 35
What is a fracture.
A fracture is a breakage of a bone due either to injury or disease. There are six different types.
I will only just list the types, Simple: compound: comminuted: greenstick: impacted: complicated:

Now from the Family Medical Dictionary By Dr Trevor Weston.
Quote from page 151
Fractures are breaks in bones, there is no difference whatever in the meaning between the words break and fracture as many people imagine.

In a posting that was put up from my pathway files copy and on this site .
From ACC and in there words look closely states
Fracture/dislocation Upper back/spine and there is many more on file I have to show if necessary in ACC ;s own words

Please explain to me No such thing as a broken neck or a fractured neck.
What happens to the players in football when they say they received a broken neck or fractured neck or where kill because of a broken neck or fractured neck are we all wrong are we missing something or am I thick, you have to laugh at this statement from ACC

Now in the letter to my MP ACC have now admitted to having my first medical certificate which states left brachial plexus which they have just found after 26 years and they are quoting that Dated around the 20 Nov 1977.
What they have forgotten to say that 14 months I was admitted into WGTN hospital for an op Re broken or fractured neck Please check photo on this site .

Signed John Huntley or Gaffa09.

Gaffa09 ACC claims were managed by State Insurance
http://www.state.co.nz in the 1970s & 1980s.

Sharryn Greenwood nee Carter, now wife of, the infamous, Martin Williscroft ACC Investigations worked for State Insurance, Takapuna in Auckland from 1975 to around 1987.

Sharryn Greenwood as she was known as from around 1977 married Martin Williscroft in around 1985.

He started as an ACC Investigator around 1990, have either of this husband & wife combination had invovlement in your claim file?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users