ACCforum: Legal Blackmail - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Legal Blackmail Hunger Strike

Poll: HUNGER STRIKE (0 member(s) have cast votes)

DO YOU THINK I AM DOING THE RIGHT THING?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   krisone 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:14 AM

:angry: I HAVE BEEN ON A.C.C. FOR 29 YRS, i AM 54. NOW THEY WANT ME TO UNDERGO A FCE THE 2NDB ONE SINCE 2001 WHERE I LOST MY INCOME HAD TO MOVE TWICE AND THEN ON APPEAL REGAINED IT. i DO NOT NO WHERE TO GO FOR HELP SO I AM GOING ON A HUNGER STRIKE , I HAVE ALREADY LOSTB ABOUT 4 KILOS. I NEED PUBLICITY AND SUPPORT. WHO IN THIS RECESSION AND RIGHT MIND WOULD GIVE SOME ONE LIKE ME A JOB, WHICH IS MY RESPONSABILITY.....NO-ONE. BUT THAT WOULD BE DUE TO OTHER FACTORS SUCH AS MY HEALTH OVERALL NOT RELATED TO A.C.C. ANYMORE QUESTIONS CAN BE SENT TO [email protected] THANKYOU.

#2 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

What I would suggest is that you talk to GP and tell him exactly what a FCE entails and then ask him to write a letter to ACC forbidding them to use FCE if he feels it will injure you further.

there has been a lot on Forum about it . The consensus seemed to be that if you have to undergo FCE or be cut off, that you sign their waiver form "UNDER DURESS" and then produce a form for them to sign that if you are injured in any way from the
FCE that they will be held PERSONALLY liable for any injury to yourself.They will refuse to sign that. Dont walk out, wait to be sent away. Otherwise you are n on-compliant. People have also been cut off and a Review lost when they signed "under duress". You have to be careful here!!
Produce the GP letter and see what happens.
It seems you have to obey ACC or you will be exited.

I think going on a hunger strike is doing noone any harm but yourself. ACC dont care a bit.
If you have iother health factors not related to ACC and your injury, be careful as ACC will use this against you.
What you need is REHAB, medical treatment and support and maybe some re-training for a different job. But ACC wont do it!

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

Or you could ask your case manager to describe the activities that will be carried out in the FCE.

Ask what is the object of the FCE and as you have a vocational independence assessment (Compensation cut off ) ask what is the purpose of the FCE.

Ask what has changed and what is your injuries and incapacitates. Ask case manager to provide the pages out of the electronic file showing both incapacitates.

As you were under the 1972 Act ACC were responsible for providing and administrating your rehabilitation.

Ask for the decision issued by ACC for decreasing your Compensation when you refusing Vocational rehabilitation or employment. this is under section 113 (1972) Act.

From 1992 to 1998 the ACC under section 51 (1992)Act could cease your compensation for not working in the employment supplied by the Corporation. Ask ACC for a copy of that decision.

As for the FCE GO. Do not refuse as that is what ACC want (non compliance)

take with you a recorder (preferable one that fits in pocket and not in general view.

Take any medical information showing injury and incapacity to be given to the FCE blight.

get a recorder that can for at least 4 hours (most MP3 etc can do this) must fit into pocket and out of sight. were clothing that doesn't make sound when doing activities. this is to achieve better recordings.

Have a prepared letter telling assessor that the assessment is being recorded and get the assessor to sign the letter to show that the assessor knows that the assessment is being recorded.

take in pen and paper so that you can record the activities and how you performed. Did the activities make you injury deteriorate.

If you have a brain injury do the assessment in the after noon and make sure that the previous day you obtained little sleep, you were up early the morning of assessment. (brain injured will know of the affects.

Most important is write to your case manager and accept the FCE which will be helpful in showing employers your physical ability in doing activities. Explain to the case manager that you are glad to participate in the assessment, will add it to your CV to be able to present the information along with Court decision to prospective employers.

Advise that as you the injured person has paid to have this assessment through levies that any mistakes and inaccurate in the report will be corrected by the owner (you) before being used by the Corporation.

last and important

Advise the Case manager that the FCE is not to be used in any form as a means that you are able to carry out a specific activity in employment for 30 or 35 hours per week It is only to be used to establish that You can carry out certain activities over the period of the assessment.

You should remember that you are not the only one going to this assessment and should put the word out to get together so that all can benefit personally.

make sure that the Medical Certificate is correctly filled out in that the certificate only apply to section 103.

Watch that there is not a Private Investigator watching.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users