Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mowgli's ACC Protest Stop privatisation of ACC - Say no to levy increases

#1 User is offline   mowgli 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

Click here to visit my protest against ACC levy rises.

Hello,

I am a 36 year old husband and father of two children aged under four. My wife and I both work and we have three vehicles including a motorbike which I use for the 20 minute commute to work each day.I donít think anyone should pay more in levies or receive less in entitlements. The proposed changes to ACC are wrong.

Even if you agree with pre-funding of ACC (I don't) the crisis is a fabrication. At the very worst you could say ACC is behind in its Government directed savings plan. However the reasoning behind the savings target is flawed. At current rates the scheme operates with massive surpluses and maintains significant reserves. More than enough to cover any temporary increase in claims due to a disaster or the like. At a time when people are feeling the hurt in a global financial downturn the National government are putting in the boot.

ACC are not the villain here. They are simply doing what the Government has directed. On my website I've translated the key arguments into simple language. Please take a look and if you agree please refer all your friends to the site as well. We're all being ripped off. It's time for this to stop!

Click here to visit my protest against ACC levy rises.

#2 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

National claims ACC is in crisis and that any delay in increasing levies will make things worse.

ACC is behind in achieving its Government directed Pre-Funding goal by 2014 (now extended to 2019).

If the Pre-Funding goal continues unchallenged then levies will rise and the later we leave it the sharper the rise will be.

If the Pre-Funding goal is dropped then ACC is in great shape with income well exceeding expenses and with considerable reserves. You could easily argue a levy decrease.

Ditch Pre-Funding and the crisis will vanish into thin air.

The nat's had a idea that by Work Capacity assessng every claimant that they could reduce the liability long term

In 1998 the NZ Police informed the ACC management that there was no guartee that there would be any rediction and the scheeme looks like that there could be an increase .

well this is the result.

You need to attack both the goverment and ACC and inform all that the cutting of entitlements in the long term is costing the country.

Any savings or profit completed by the scheeme was not given to the Goverment or ACC as the Companies all were private.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users