• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

stop night class cuts

#1 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

Some of you when you have been injured will have undertaken classes at your local community education centre to maintain some form of Social & Vocational to help keep the mind & soul functioning.

It may have been doing a computer course to learn computer skills or something to help you become less dependent on ACC,i.e starting up your own small business etc which ACC should be providing help with in the first place.

Please register your concern how it may affect you as a person trying to Rehabiliate yourself.

http://www.stopnightclasscuts.org.nz/

#2 User is offline   BLURB 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

This is my contribution just posted (but awaiting moderation) on that website

=
Hamilton Rally – Waikato Times
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/...ight-class-cuts

--

Re: “My tax pays for Nightclass + MPs perks”

Ms Jan Andersons should ask why is WINZ, or better still, why is the NZ tax payer also funding the 40,000 plus ACC claimants who have been moved off ACC and onto a WINZ Benefit since 1999?

Our ACC levies should be covering that.

In short, ACC levies are not a tax. ACC and our Tax are two seperate items.

I have posted a letter recieved from Ms Pansy Wong on this very issue and it can be read on the ACCforum.org website.

If these 40,000 or there abouts ACC claimants were moved back to ACC where they rightly belong then that would be a saving of at least tens of millions of dollars each years for night class funding … in my opinion at least.

My name is Fran van Helmond. I was on ACC because of a severe work injury. 1992 until 2002. In 2002 AON, a subcontractor to ACC, paid for an assessment in favour of ACC. The day after ACC stoped paying my erc I found myself on WINZ for exactly the same injury!

To me this is double dipping and using up WINZ resoures which could be better spent on, yes, night classes.

I have been off and on WINZ for my injury since 2002. ACC should be covering me for this. Not WINZ.

As you may expect, my name is crap at ACC, WINZ and with our MPs because I open my mouth when they don’t want me too!

Fran Van Helmond

--

#3 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

Please remember if you live in the areas where this is happening this week-end 12 September 2009 to make your voices heard alternatively send an email expressing your concerns.

There is nothing more soul destroying for injured people to be further socially "isolated" if these funding cuts occur.

#4 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on Aug 21 2009, 05:10 PM, said:

Some of you when you have been injured will have undertaken classes at your local community education centre to maintain some form of Social & Vocational to help keep the mind & soul functioning.

It may have been doing a computer course to learn computer skills or something to help you become less dependent on ACC,i.e starting up your own small business etc which ACC should be providing help with in the first place.

Please register your concern how it may affect you as a person trying to Rehabiliate yourself.

Interesting this action has been taken by the Minister for Education because wasn't it around a year ago Auckland University was stating the numbers of International students had dropped considerably?

It's a well known fact many Chinese nationals had planned their degrees to end & return to their homeland in time for the Bejing Games, & to never have had any plans to stay or return to NZ.

The Chinese market was a cashcow for this University & now they've targeted the Indian market.

Is this really just a way for certain Universities to dominant the educational sector because they've overcommitted themselves with there own spending & not had the returns they should have?

#5 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

There should be an update in media today as was talk on news today.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users