ACCforum: Your personal files were not safe in an unlocked motel room while reveiwer out for a walk - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your personal files were not safe in an unlocked motel room while reveiwer out for a walk files not safe with DSRL staff at Wanganui

#1 User is offline   rivercity 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

Please read my write up regarding unattended files left in a motel room unattended unlocked and free for all on my other reply today,id say someone in ACC will lose there job.
If your files were in Wanganui last week then they were not private or confidential, watch this space.

#2 User is offline   Fighter for Justice 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:52 AM

Rivercity, my suggestion is to complain the Privacy Commissioner (and Health and Disability Commissioner) regarding both privacy breaches and possibly how ACC treats claimants health information and trust!!!.
Claimants are forced to attend appointments arranged by ACC, undergo assessments, disclose certain information etc. But that information should remain private to ACC (and then only some ACC personnel).

If your complaint was upheld then you can get compensation - either direct from ACC or after taking your complaint(s) to the complaints procedure beyond the Privacy Commissioner. (Sorry! I cannot remember name - it might be Human Rights Review Tribunal).

Money in your pocket is better than in ACC's. Unfortunately, your privacy has already been compromised. Seek compensation.

Fighter for Justice

#3 User is offline   rivercity 

• Pip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

View PostFighter for Justice, on Aug 19 2009, 06:52 AM, said:

Rivercity, my suggestion is to complain the Privacy Commissioner (and Health and Disability Commissioner) regarding both privacy breaches and possibly how ACC treats claimants health information and trust!!!.
Claimants are forced to attend appointments arranged by ACC, undergo assessments, disclose certain information etc. But that information should remain private to ACC (and then only some ACC personnel).

If your complaint was upheld then you can get compensation - either direct from ACC or after taking your complaint(s) to the complaints procedure beyond the Privacy Commissioner. (Sorry! I cannot remember name - it might be Human Rights Review Tribunal).

Money in your pocket is better than in ACC's. Unfortunately, your privacy has already been compromised. Seek compensation.

Fighter for Justice

Thank you I certainly will,
What carpark were the other ones left in,

#4 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:30 AM

Lynne Lulham <[email protected]> of ACC complaints tells claimants the ACC do not lose files!

Check out the abridged email from my aunty's friend; someone she calls an amazingly strong, heroic, staunch mother of a seriously disabled vaccine injured boy:

Was SO good for the over-all health & well-being to bypass ACC altogether. The stress of dealing with the ACC AND taking care of a seriously disabled boy, didn't do the health any good what-so-ever! That's why she never continued pursuing it for her crippled son. As soon as the ACC "lost" files, the mother knew she wasn't up to the unequal fight, while at the same time trying 2 help the severely damaged boy relearn how to walk/talk (etc) It was for the mother a sense of tremendous relief & freedom to let it (ACC claims) go. If she had been without loving support of a hubby/family to fall back on & with her back to the wall, on her own, then yes, maybe things might have been different.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users