Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ot Assessment Letter from Mike Galuszka my new CM

#1 User is offline   lassy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:11 AM

will try to get this letter up on the Forum tried to do it today and here I go again

Wondering is some kind person could put this letter up on MSN board also.

This is the new CM Mike Galuszka that took over from Yvonne Wood .
He was also the one that told me 'that it you like you have a bit of a drug addiction problem there ' ( but I had taped the phone conversation ) LOL

I am interested in comments from the Forum re this letter

Many thanks

lassy

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   lassy 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:14 AM

this is page two of CMs letter please note he put on the letter 21st April and had meant to put 21st May !!!
lassy

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   BillyBob 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:59 AM

Well he sure sounds like an incompetent arsehole.
Fancy sending you the original of the consent form without keeping a copy for their files. (strike one)

He has done some backtracking regarding his comments about your so called drug addiction and has now realised he isnt medically trained.(well done mike, strike two)

Asking you for the legslation regarding the claimants right to choose an assessor and his waffle about its something to be negotiated with a cm.(doh)
refer him to the comments made by dyson and also wilson regarding a claimants right to choose an assessor. He obviously doesnt know what he is doing. (strike three , YOUR OUT MIKE)

cheers
billybob

#4 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:11 AM

Why isn't every OT in the Wellington or any area contracted to ACC? Dyson and Wilson have no problems which ASSessor you choose. They are all in their pockets.
Check out the form letters for consent forms before you sign it lassy

#5 Guest_I love chocolate_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:02 AM

Delete message

#6 User is offline   twostickswalking 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:12 AM

send this mike a copy of the accountability document signed by Ruth and ceo
it states under I think 7.6 providing service to claimants:

ACC will advise claimants their entitlements etc

asking for a full list of assessors is an entitlement. end of story

write you letter short and concise, and to the point, if all else fails
cc a copy to the Branch Manager:

#7 User is offline   lassy 

• Pip

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:48 AM

Thanks guys for your help .

I expect that my CM has already seen his letter posted here on the board.

Could someone please put up on the board the ACT concerned with choice of Assessers for OT Assessments .

Just thought it best to get the right ACT when I reply to his letter as he obviously doesnt know any of them !!

Cheers
lassy

#8 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:11 PM

lassy a draf reply

Dear Mike

In referance to your letter dated 21 April 2004.

I take note that the letter gave me 10 days to reply to this letter after letter of the 19 May 2004. I know that casemanagers can look into the future but you are really good.

it is your responcability to follow your policy. In your policy there is a document titled Claimant Choice of Assessors. I believe that you should read this. before contactng me you had already contacted a list of assessors tat are able to interview me. todate you have not sent this list and you are delaying the process.

you inplied that I had a drug problem. your remarks are insulting to me and your appolige is not accepted. You should have a copy of the procedures that must be followed by all ACC staff You can down load this from Http://www.icoh.org.sg/eng/core/code_ethics_eng.pdf and read it before sending out any more letters.

The negative perception that you have implied is all in your head. It was you that made the remark that is negative and your attitude needs to change to the disabiled.

I have chosen *********** to do the assessment and ********** as a suport person.

as implied earlier you personally are thinking that you should be a support person. Your attitude towards me is threatening and not helping with my rehabilitation. I will not have you in my house and you are not welcome on my property. Please refram from turning up just to be turned away.

the corporation has a attitude that Concent forms are tere to gather information that is not relevant to the injuries. If the corporation needs to supply information to any person this can be done by requesting that spefic information that the corporation is holding can be sent to the person. like wise requested information can be obtained by requesting the information through me.

there is still outstanding rehabilitation to be done from the last rehabilitation plan. this plan is a contract that was signed by the corporation, my medical adviser, and my self. have you made a decision not to forfill this contract and if so please give the reason.

Any new rehabilitation plan will include that stress to me must be stopped by the corporation.

should you have any queries about the above information don't call me but go back to school to learn to read and write.

P.S. you should get the thick idot that does the programme on the computers to change the date of the letters around. this will stop what has happened here it is clear that you were trying to get this out before the April "Stocktake" this is were you are reviewed for your progress against your performance objectives. Did you get your performance plan and/or Personal Develpoement Plan updated with the changes in objectives or circumstances.

Of course your Annual review comes in July and if you have acheived your goals you get the remuneration adjustments by late August. Good luck with this and you can get a very good adjustments by supplying the correct rehabilitation and in mycase with no stress it will happen and then you will deserve the remuneration for supplying the entitlements as the Act intended it be supplied.

#9 User is offline   lassy 

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

Thank you DG for your reply letter to my CM .
Very well put ,I have to admit that I had a wee chuckle over some of the bits in the letter .
Im hoping that my CM does too!!!
But I feel what with him being an ex Catalyst chap I doubt he has any sense of humour !! :(

I know that its been said that these CMs are only following orders .

If thats true then i think that there are those that do care ( which I know is not that many )they should collect as much evidence as they can against the Hierarchy and sent it to Rod Hinchco .

Like others have been doing already.

I also think that ACC has caused a lot of this with the KPI system as we all know the greed for MONEY is the root of all evil.

Enough said tonight ......

lassy

#10 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:48 PM

Lassy,

the documents about KPI's and VI assessments that I have show that vocational rehabilitation should not be given. although there is a weighting of 10% for rehabilitation. It does not specify if vocational rehabilitation is part of the rehabilitation. the wording is clear in what it is interperated as.

the purpose of this KPI is to manage the number of claimants classified as long term claimants (receiving entitlements more than 1 year after date they were first entitled to received that entitlement). This is done in two ways

Rehabilitating as many claimants as possible before they have received an entitlement for more than 1 year.

Rehabilitate and return to work or independence as many Long-Trem claimants as possible.

But in July August of each year

The staff member and their manager need to:

Set performance objective and use these to complete a performance plan for performance period. Each staff member has:

No more than four results objectives.

no more than four quality objectives

Each objective on the ACC values worth at least 10% is compulsory for everyone.

All managers also have a Managing People objective (20%) and Compliance objective(10%)

Discuss the area of develpoement required for the staff member to succeed in there job and meet their career goals. Use this information to complete the personal performance feed back throughout the year.

now to me the PRS system is a preasure system that is given quotas from head office. This is given from the ACC managerment to the transport every year and that document states that there will be so many long term claimants Exited for the next year. the goverment accepts the corporation managerments exiting proceedures as if it had not then it would have put a stop to the pratices.

we know that the AG report was a whitewash as they did not look at this. this is part of the case managerment and should be looked at in the Performance of Mr Wilson.

Mid july is a stressfull time for te case managers as it is then that they will join many others at the dole cues or receive that review of remuneration.

for all long term claimants rehabilitation especially Vocational rehabilitation is not important as there has been payment for more than 1 year. this just leaves just one option left for the case managers. Rehabilitation is going to take too long, so the only option is forthe case manager to force the claimant to return to work or independence.. Its called Exiting the stock.Exiting the stock gives the casemanager 10% while rehabilitating gives the casemanager nothing. if the casemanager was long term then they could look at rehabilitation over a longer period but there attitude would have to change and can't see that will happen in the near future.

Doppelganger

#11 User is offline   Kiwee 

• Pip

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:41 AM

Sound familiar? Seems there is a worldwide conspiracy by insurers (workers comp) to defraud claimants.

"I will today expose the private insurance industry for its blatant and selfish disrespect for the sick and the suffering who insure themselves against unexpected illness."
Mr PEARCE (Fitzroy-ALP) (12.24 p.m.): I rise to speak about the difficulties confronting a
marginalised group of chronically impaired persons within our community whose needs are being
ignored and who are facing attack from the big insurance companies. With extracts from
documents in my possession and citing a constituent's case as an example, I will today expose
the private insurance industry for its blatant and selfish disrespect for the sick and the suffering
who insure themselves against unexpected illness. I might add that I received news yesterday that
my constituent's health is in serious decline. There is no doubt that her long-running battle with
one of the nation's big insurers, National Mutual, is responsible for that decline in her health. I am
concerned for her, and I urge her to keep up the fight.

Private insurance companies..... appear to be using every weapon in their dirty tricks arsenal to stall claimants' applications and discourage them in their efforts to access funds to which they are rightfully entitled.

http://www.cuconsume...oninfo0028.HTML

#12 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Refresh

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic