• You cannot reply to this topic

HELP!!! Where do I go from here????

#21 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

View Postthe phoenix, on Jun 30 2009, 02:14 PM, said:

ACC wrote to you 22 May 2005 informing you that you a new vocational independence medical assessment is required and you were given a choice of two assessors however you did not respond to this email. As you did not advise ACC of your choice of medical assessor ACC has chosen one for you and advised you via letter 23 June 2009, asking you to attend the vocational independence medical assessment with Dr Antoniadis 29 July 2009.

Yours sincerely
Marie Christie
Case Manager
Telephone: 09 915 8256

So your case manager has being trying to get an VI medical assessment since 2005.

Now correct me if I am wrong in that the case manager queried whether you drove your car,

To me it looks like the case manager is fitting you up and is going to claim that you don't need a replacement leg'

Get a plan to attack.

My Suggestion is a social Rehab plan that includes all social activities that you can not do because you do not have a leg.

this is mowing lawns etc.

Big one would be buying furniture as you can no longer make your own.

#22 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

Phoenix I had just had a very look at your file and refresh myself. As you were effectively a tradesman when ceasing work because of permanent incapacity ACC would the need to establish a capacity to return to that or an equal occupational because of the way the 1982 act works. Your injury is now even more permanent that was before.

The ACC may not benefit from the subsequent changes in the act in your case. You need to go back to basics otherwise you will get shafted.

it would appear that there is a surgical resolution to the pain problem or you are suffering classical pain pathway development which has altered the nerve the structures. Whichever way it is as of right now you dysfunctional to work no matter how much you or the ACC want to. As predicted amputation does not necessarily deal with very strongly developed pain pathway is that have been created over several decades even though you may benefit from some in creased functionality with an artificial limb.

Have you heard of the world renown neurologist Yamachundra (my spelling is wrong) work on phantom pain in situations exactly the was yours?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users