• You cannot reply to this topic

Mark Bennett Radio Pacific

#81 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:42 AM

Greetings,
I have been directed to these, to inquire.

[email protected]

[email protected]

http://www.library.o....nz/libs/hocken

Waiting for reply to queries.

TC

#82 Guest_IDB_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:44 PM

Four of us met Ben today at the Burwood Spinal Unit.

You remember Ben - the Coaster with the ACC and wheelchair problems whom Radio Pacific very kindly assisted while covering the story of his and his supporters' protest outside the Greymouth ACC branch office. Full marks to Radio Pacific, Ben's electric wheelchair they kindly sourced for him is a bit the worse for wear, bit of ducktape here, bit of rust there and his pride and joy - his towbar but hey, it works and Ben is grateful for it.

Bit of a character is our Ben, laid back - she'll be right mate type. Just wants to help himself and get on with it.

Problem is, no-one has been doing their jobs, especially his case managers - the Misses Bradley and Kostley of ACC Greymouth branch, closely followed by some Spinal Unit personnel whose work has been and still is sloppy at best. Got their attention today though, Angeybaby gave them a right royal reaming - politely of course.
There is no more fearsome sight
than a scorned mother in full flight.
The doctor changed his tune when he finally realised that Ben's problems are far greater than believed and that he is in considerable pain, covered up by his laid-back attitude.

Burwood Spinal Unit will advise ACC that Ben needs a full round of assessments.

It is incredible that Ben paid his own way from the Coast to Christchurch in a shuttle bus (others at the Unit had been flown to Chch), nobody thought to organise his trip home though - never mind paying for it.

It is incredible that Ben has not been assessed for home help and personal care, which he desparately needs because, among many other needs, of very painful infections caused by his implanted catheter.

It is incredible that Ben has not been assessed for brain injury, despite suffering from fatigue and learning difficulties which we lay people spotted within the first 15 minutes.

It is incredible that Ben has not been assessed for vocational rehab, he is paying his own way through polytech and, between you me and the gate post, he is not coping - we suspect due to the effects of brain injury and pain.

It is incredible that his own doctor stopped his pain medicine because she believed that he was selling it - now he has nothing and no pain management programme.

And after all this, Ben is still smiling and joking his way through life but it is a facade. He is in trouble, deep down he is hurting and we saw it.

ACC has done nothing for him, has never advised him what entitlements could be provided for him. Apart from Ben's partial tetraplegia, his circumstances are remarkably similar to those of Mr Maxwell from Palmerston North - remember the 20/20 programme, I understand that he also is not receiving any help.

ACC, you are a pack of mongrels, you are the dog turd stuck to the soles of Ben's shoes.

Recommend Message 5932 of 5932 in Discussion
Good on ya watcha & Ang - Board members will also be interested to learn that a lawyer ".....has today been instructed to finalise and issue legal proceedings against CEO Mr Garry Wilson and to take all other lawful steps necessary to bring Mr Wilson to account in either civil or criminal law."

The lawyer "has also been instructed to prepare submissions to the Health Select-Committee on the IPRC Amendment Bill No 3."

#83 Guest_IDB_*

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

ACC has done nothing for him, has never advised him what entitlements could be provided for him. Apart from Ben's partial tetraplegia, his circumstances are remarkably similar to those of Mr Maxwell from Palmerston North - remember the 20/20 programme, I understand that he also is not receiving any help.

ACC, you are a pack of mongrels, you are the dog turd stuck to the soles of Ben's shoes.

Yeah Mr maxwell, and the 20/20 program, if i remember rightly it was in a thread called 20/20 and the liar gorman.

Is there a video of this program? yes!

will it be released to the internet? yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would wee willie like his own copy??? please let us know in advance, thanks. BTW, garry, we could set up a new member just for you to communicate with the forum, its time you responded.

and in direct relation to the issue of entitlements and rehabilitation:

When ACC decline a claim - does that indicate there is no injury??? nope.

So you are duly sent to winz, do they help??? as little as possible!!!

think about this: you go to your GP, they diagnose an injury, then they reccommend treatment:

ok sounds good so far, then next problem: how to pay and get access to treatment: ok go and see winz..then it gets really awkward.

Winz dont like to case manage much, they want injured people to contact/visit the treatment providers, obtain quotes to take back to winz for negotiation on how they might allow funding for it, the disability allowance is often mentioned:

ok, so you get the quote to get the initial consultation: next problem, how to get the prescribed items for treatment: ok have to get yet another quot e to take to winz to negotiate funding.

Is the disability allowance fully recoverable after eventually if ever beating ACC is achieved?? then could it be seen that the winz "case managers" are in fact financial controllers there to limit your access to needed help? considering that the winz use the disability allowance for paying for medicines and treatment, in essence in my opinion they are tightly administering your own "future" money therefore restricting your health recovery.

thats the way im seeing and experiencing it.

what an awful system. Since its the claimants doing a lot of their own case management, why are there so many case managers?>

#84 User is offline   Juscallin1 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:55 PM

:o Grab this one IDB!

Was talking to a lady at the Spinal unit today and she has fractured her c6c7 neck. She is partially paralised and has little use of her hands.She walks with the aid of a walker but uses a wheel chair which ACC say she doesn't need. They refuse to give her a motorised one even tho her hands are useless.

The ACC will not tell her her entitlements and the CM is a 20yr old girl telling a 65yr old lady how to live her life.

This CM has told her that her home will be renovated but they will TAKE THE MONEY TO RENOVATE HER HOME OUT OF THE LUMP SUM INDEPENDENCE ALLOWANCE.!!
I urged this lady to not accept the IA as a lump sum and order them to pay her weekly. I said she is entitled to home renovations at their expense!!! They are not even giving her home help and her accident happened Nov 2003.
She should go to Holmes and I told her to!!!

#85 User is offline   Unicorn 

• Pip

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:52 AM

Acclaim Canterbury Team

Once again helps out Thank-you so good to see the support for Ben
I was talking to another member of Acclaim today Ang you are something
you need a medal not only do you have on going problems with Acc for your claim you fright for your son Ryan rights and find time to help and support the members
and I do believe that while you were helping Ben out today you were not very well
yourself in a lot of pain.

How the hell do you do it girl because I now know you do most of the daily work involed in Ryans cares with a brain injuryed son thats got to be a lot

Acclaim Canterbury win 1st prize in my book

Watcha you said Angeybaby

Got their attention today though, Angeybaby gave them a right royal reaming - politely of course.
There is no more fearsome sight
than a scorned mother in full flight.

You know if I had a mother like Angeybaby when i was a kid i would be so proud

Watch you must be happy to have Angeybaby on your side ?

Once again thank-you for helpping Ben today :D

#86 Guest_IDB_*

Posted 10 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

With the proposed anti-injured person legislation currently being looked at, and the fact that christmas is looming nearer, perhaps this year there could be another nationwide day of shame protest in december, right at the time of the known "ACC Christmas EXIT" period. Cagills graph illustrates the christmas exit effect.

#87 Guest_IDB_*

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:46 AM

Turn on the Radio

Radio Pacific, 95.2 FM Northland

they're online live now, interesting talk about acc appeals and
the insurance company not paying out when they should.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users