Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

appeal to district court do I have to have a lawyer

#1 User is offline   freddy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hi, I have just lost an application in regards to my injury percentages. long long story , wont bore you all.
now can go to the
Accident Insurance Appeals Registry, Tribunals devision. do I have to have a lawyer. has any one gone through this process without one.
It says the form available from District court is there one online.
cheers

#2 User is offline   Fighter for Justice 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:54 AM

Freddy, you do not have to have a lawyer for an appeal at District Court?? from Review Hearing.
I had an appeal which was to have been heard in the District Court last year. I abandoned this appeal for various reasons.

If you are short of money - there is no reason why someone could not do an Appeal on their own (preferably with assistance from behind the scenes). You would also be best to get a second opinion from another doctor regarding your injuries. Was this for Indpendence Allowance or Section 78/79 lump sum awards? Look at the letters from ACC - they should mention what the awards were for!

I suggest PM me (or someone else on forum with more experience) letting us know where you are e.g. south island, what your awards were for and what type of doctor ACC sent you to - for the original assessments.

Hopefully then we can point you in the right direction for: a second medical opinion, advice on taking an Appeal to the District Court and support!.

Fighter for Justice

PS: Ring District Court asking them to post form out to you.

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

When you lodge or appeal to the district court they will send you out an outline of how your submissions it should be formed.

#4 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hi there

I have just been through the Appeal process and represented myself. This is the second time I have come this far. First one Physical, I won to have all other assessments revoked and Judge Middleton told ACC what they had to do. So that sorted in 2004. One recently lost was for backdating of Mental caused by Physical. Judge left opening for me to give another date and reasons why for backdating as he said the issues hadnt been argued. I thought I had argued them in the three Review meetings we had had before the Appeal.

So this is where I am at with IA, getting submission ready for backdating to another date as Judge has given me the opportunity.

Some of us are not so lucky as to have behind the scenes assistance, but get on with it anyway.

The Wellington Justice Dept people are very good at getting you all the assistance to help yourself that you may need.

If you have others helping you, good on you, go for it.

Good Luck
Mini

#5 User is offline   mike54 

• Pip
  • Locationsouthland

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

thank you just reading this is great

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic