• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sexual abuse compensation

#1 User is offline   jordan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

hi there,

i am already on ACC and have just been appointed a new case manager and she has had a look in the histiry of my claims and says i should be able to get compo for a sexual abuse sensitive claim several years ago, has anyone done this before and if so whats the process...do you have to relive the nightmare and tell acc what happened?

#2 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

she is going to make a decision. you could write and force her to make a decision but you will need to go to court to get a result.

better to wait for a decision but as you have not given dates its hard to really give any information.

she is your new claim manager but unless the balance of the administrators have changed then you are still being managed by the same person but just have a new contact person.

#3 User is offline   jordan 

• PipPip

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

oh okay it was in 2000 but i think if i had to go back to court to face the guy it wouldnt be worth the hurt, maybe i will just leave it and not do anything

#4 User is offline   raged&obtused 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hi there

Be careful with sexual absue claims as ACC does not provide cover for a sexual abuse event but only for a mental injury sustained as a result of the event. This is an important difference.

Sounds to me like your case manager is just trying to flick your claim over to another department so that they can lighten their caseload. If you are on ACC for a physical injury then you are better off sticking with what you have now.

If, however, you believe that you have suffered, or continue to suffer, from a mental injury then you are well within your rights to request entitlements under the sensitive claim - you may need to access counselling etcand this is still available to you.

Another point - you can have more than one active claim with ACC at a time. You are able to receive weekly compensation under your current physical injury claim while still accessing entitlements under your sensitive claim, if you need to.

If your claim is transferred be careful to make sure that all of your current injuries are being considered by your new case manager. it is easy for one claim to be closed off, and for your case manager to lose track of how you are doing (medically), when you have more than once claim (for different injury types) going at a time.

Hope this helps

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users