ACCforum: David Rankin Apology Via Acc Complaints - ACCforum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

David Rankin Apology Via Acc Complaints what a whitewash!

#1 User is offline   Juscallin1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:05 PM

:rolleyes:

Please see posting on MSN site. Rankin has been made to aplogise to all of us who sent in a complaint. haha

Our individual rights were not breached under the code, however,the complaint was found to be valid, says Peta Cherry.

So once again, a coverup and they get away with it.
THIS COMMENT WAS MADE IN THE MEDIA. HE SHOULD BE MADE TO APOLOGISE IN THE MEDIA.
If anyone has a scanner, can you put up this letter on the Board?

#2 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:33 PM

I agree, comments made in the public arena must have the apology in the public arena also... still waiting for my letter but hey when I get it... guess where it is going???? ;)

#3 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:07 PM

From: juscallin1 (Original Message) Sent: 5/7/2004 8:48 PM

HAVE YOU ALL NOW RECEIVED YOUR REPLY FROM ACC COMPLAINTS RE DAVID RANKIN'S COMMENTS REGARDING SERIOUSLY INJURED CLAIMANTS??
Usual whitewash!

Complaint was valid, (hoho), but it was only said in the context of discussions about
Work prep Programmes only!!!
So he was made to apologise.
"Let me say on the outset that my comments as quoted, were not intended to CAUSE OFFENCE. They obviously have, and for that I sincerely apologise.

There is no doubt that some long term seriously injured claimants have to face issues of depression (wonder why???) and lack of motivation.Unfortunately I did not ensure that the article in the paper distinguished that my remarks were addressed at this minority of claimants.
I also appreciate the concerns raised about the use of the word "Benefits". I acknowledge that ACC payments are entitlements, and I shall be mindful of this distinction in the future".
The ACC Complaints, Peta Cherry, says she considers this apology to be sufficient remedy for my complaint.
Well, THIS COMMENT WAS MADE IN THE PUBLIC ARENA AND IT MUST BE PUBLISHED IN THE SAME ARENA.

David Rankin, your apology means nothing, you will continue with your plan to belittle claimants, minimise their serious injury and continue with your harebrained schemes of nose enemas etc.

Does anyone know the fax address of Nick Venter, Dominion Post? He was the reporter in this case. Rankin has to apologise publicly, do you agree???

Cheers from one angry Juscallin

First Previous 2-4 of 4 Next Last

Recommend Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

These comments were made in the media... his apology shall also be made in
the public arena. Claimant's that were insulted and defamed by his comments
deserve no less.

Recommend Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

send to Cushla Managh (DPT)
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

I'm sure she will be more than interested..............

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

If he was the person for his position he would never have made them in the first place. His attitude is clearly of the culture that so obviously runs through ACC. No one who comes from that sort of standpoint has the integrity or character to hold the position and his resignation is what should be called for.

This is the man who controls the rehabilitation cash. Who benefits most from his position? The injured or his army of parasitical service providers? Who benefits financially from rehabilitation? The claimant having water poured down there nose or the Healthwise, ACC rehabilitation service provider holding the tea pot?

How much financial support does the CPANZ get through this mans appropriations?

#4 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:19 PM

Hey people get that? Wonder who wrote the bit " Recommend delete message 4 of 4 in discussion" ??? I just copied the lot and pasted over here Fairgo and that came up? Why recommend delete it? Oh that is right Telecom now owns xtra and ACC owns millions of dollars worth of Telecom and even a few mil in micosoft.

#5 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:34 PM

Don't let the arrogant ignorant prick off with an apology. Demand they sack the heartless bastard. These are paraplegics and seriously handicapped human beings who have lost everything he is blackening with his attempts to cover up his incompetence handling the quality of rehabilitation provided by his organisations service providers. He is a liar trying to crawl his way out of it with an apology.

#6 User is offline   Britts 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:40 PM

hope you can open this ok

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   Juscallin1 

• Pip

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:52 PM

;) Hi Britts, it just comes up blank, or it does on my Poota!Perhaps it has been deleted by those wizz kids in 'ACC?????

#8 User is offline   BillyBob 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:34 AM

The arsehole still states "There is no doubt that some long term seriously injured claimants have to face issues of depression (wonder why???) and lack of motivation.Unfortunately I did not ensure that the article in the paper distinguished that my remarks were addressed at this minority of claimants."

Its a backhanded appology as the lack of motivation is basically created by acc not providing the entitlements and assistance they are required to.
Its certainly in my opinion a hollow appology and he is trying to weasel his way out of it.
If he had any guts he would resign as he is unsuitable for the position.

cheers
billybob

#9 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:11 AM

Its ok Jocko, the recommend delete is just two different hot keys at the top of each message. It means you can recommend OR delete the message :o)

#10 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

try this version

Attached File(s)

#11 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:05 PM

pg 2

Attached File(s)

#12 Guest_IDB_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:44 PM

what a load of dribble.

in my opinion Peta Cherry (if thats their true name) deems the findings
non-code matters - what about the right to be respected.

Acc do not show respect to long-term claimants - they cant expect much more in return.

#13 User is offline   accvictim 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:26 PM

They are all inconsiderate thick skinned pigs in ACC, what more does anyone expect from any official in this corrupt ACC shitheap.
I know who this sleeping in bizzo was directed at (if not all of us) ME, cause my case manager phoned me at 9.30 am , and I got brassed off, as I had always slept till mid-day or thereabouts, not only while on ACC but in my previous 33yrs of employment,(it is the nature of MY WORK), I have tried all means of changing this situation without success, (cannot change body-clock after a life-time) and considering I am also on medication makes the task of arising with the birds even more difficult ,if not impossible.
TRY A LITTLE "CASE SENSITIVITY" ACC IDIOTS.

I made a complaint about the the early phone-call from my CM,, so you see this is why,,, I have the document to post up if interested.

APOLOGY----BAH!@!

Attached File(s)

#14 User is offline   accvictim 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

AND ANOTHER THING YOU ACC PIGS!!!

IF YOUR WERE DOING YOUR JOB PROPERLY FROM THE START THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR THE NUMEROUS ACC SUPPORT GROUPS SPRINGING UP EVERYWHERE<< PULL YOUR SOCKS UP>> AND FIX THE INJUSTICES OF THE PAST, WHERE INJURED CLAIMANTS HAVE LOST THEIR HOMES AND THEIR FAMILIES THROUGH DECLINES AND LITIGATION, YOU CRETINS.

All you have to do to be an ACC CM is to know the word "NO"..
Job Requirements of Branch Mgr or Team Leader is to know the word "DECLINED"

Attached File(s)

#15 Guest_I love chocolate_*

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:17 PM

Does that mean that the comments were directed at everybody that ACC has sent, or will send, on the 6-week course? :o

#16 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:29 PM

That is right. every one that gets the letter to go on a fictious course that provides no rehabilitation or job skills.

Pouring water down peoples noses or getting cholate for finding hidden articles does not result in rehabilitation.

Waiting for my reply as will have to go futher.

#17 User is offline   BillyBob 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

some work ready courses only involve being given a newspaper with jobs circled in them and being told to apply for them.
Bloody parasites the lot of them who are on the gravy train as acc's quick exit lap dogs.
Just friggen mongrels

cheers
billybob

#18 User is offline   accvictim 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

A QUOTE FROM DR RANKINS RECENT DIG AT INJURED PEOPLE :

"people with serious injuries get into the habit of watching TV all day, getting
up at midday and lose the routine, lose some of the self- presentation skills."

ALL I CAN SAY TO RANKIN IS, You!, You in your white collar and well heeled
family and highly paid salary, government pension and all the underhanded perks
you cream from the system.,and all thanx to the taxpayer and injured people who
unlike you have had to work hard all their lives for what they have, and on injury
get told by a bunch of trumped up bullies (ACC) they are declined, and lose all
they have worked for.
What the hell gives you the right to say things like that, you pratt!.
You don`t even know you`re alive, one day you maybe in an injury situation and
know why some claimants do lose their self-presentation and self esteem, and
the latter whould be a direct reflection of the amount of help an injured person has
recieved from your bloody negligent arrogant, non-committal,unaccountable
ACC.

I`VE LOST ALL MY SELF PRESENTATION SKILLS YA BLOODY IDIOT AND
NOW RESENT ALL YOU STAND FOR.

Attached File(s)

#19 Guest_IDB_*

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:56 PM

Acclaim's Latest Media Release.

Claimants Complaints Valid

Posted Image