• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Social Rehabilitation Home help

#1 User is offline   Paradigm Shift 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

;)
after 14 years the Corporation has finally agreed to carry out an assessment regarding my social needs. They are never carried out any assessment of any type thus far so I'm not expressed with assessments.

I have an occupational therapist and a case manager visiting my home tomorrow to gather information for the report. The assessment as to report on my needs to enable me to have regards for my injuries. It appears that they might want to see what I can do rather than what I should not do. The assessor once to watch me do things. My understanding is that the medical advice is the foundation information describing the difference between should and could in other words what I can safely do and what things I should not do.

Does anybody know how this assessment should be conducted?

#2 User is offline   Juscallin1 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

:o HI
DO NOT LET THE CASE MANAGER IN YOUR HOME.

GET THEM TO DO THE ASSESSMENT AT HOME AND THE OT TO SEE YOU BY HERSELF.
NEVER LET A CM INTO YOUR HOME. THERE ARE A FEW REASONS WHICH CANNOT BE PUT ON THE FORUM, BUT JUST BELIEVE ME!!!!!

MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR HOME HELP ,PERHAPS SOME OF THINGS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER LIKE NEW CLOTHESLINE ETC, HEATING REQIREMENTS, DO YOU HAVE TO CARRY A GAS BOTTLE, FIREWOOD ETC.
PERHAPS A PROPER ORTHOPAEDIC CHAIR? ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER, THAT IS WHAT THE ASSESSMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT.

This is NOT a functional TEST, it is what is needed for you for social rehab.
The CM only gets a report and must not be there to witness it.

GOOD :blink: LUCK.

#3 User is offline   lassy 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:40 AM

Interesting as I have just got a new CM and he says in a letter that he was asked to come out with Assessor
Wonder if this is knew tactics like photo ID and getting car regos ??

This CM was the same that said if I was on some 25+ meds a day for pain " Sounds like you a bit of a drug addiction "
Mind u I should have guessed as he is ex Catalyst after all.
So I certainly DO NOT want him ever at at my house .

How do I go about stopping him coming ?Also should I have been given a choice of Assessors for Help and Personal Care .
I found ot the this assessor is the same one I had when I had the cage fitted into my spine ( she loved giving out orders)
She told my other CM that she will not come back to this house !!

Wonder if was to do with my partner asking her to drop her tweeds and pull back up using a Pick-upper .LOL Man was she angry and embarassed :angry:

This what she told me use to dress myself with a few weeks before.
So any ideas please as I want to know if I have to this woman also here
cheers lassy

#4 User is offline   Kerry 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:58 AM

Have big meeting Tuesday, case manager, occupational therapist, physio therapist, boss and me, can I still take a support/ advocate type person. boss wants to dismiss me as I havn't recovered in stipulated time frame.cm and ot say carry on, can't go back, have 5th infection can't up the hours, not enough for boss, even offered to work saturday to make up short fall, really pist off, scared I will tell them all to do things sexual to themselves.

#5 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

You can get a social worker to assess your needs for home help or transport for independence etc. ACC does not have a monopoly on it. If you feel like telling them to engage in sex and travel. Do so by all means. But do not threaten them. There is already a court ruling that you can express your self and give them a wind up. I did and was trespassed for 2 years from ACCs office. They did not lay charges as the publicity would have exposed the ridiculous strokes they were trying to pull. It is really good to see thirty new members coming on board in the past few weeks. Speak out, ACC is being operated fraudulently and the act is used only to embezzle entitlements. They are stealing huge sums of money daily and the Clark/Cullen Government supports them to the hilt. They never counted on these sites when they embarked on the EXIT programme. They are exposed and all they can do is lie and run for cover. They have no answer to the truth we are telling here.

#6 User is offline   Britts 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:10 PM

You`re quite right Jocko....it is embezzlement.

#7 User is offline   Juscallin1 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

;) Hi Kerry
good luck for your meeting.

You MUST take along a Support person and a tape recorder. This is essential; Case mgr's tell lies!

Whatever you do, do NOT resign!!! If the Boss wants to sack you well, so be it and then ACC will have to pay you ERC. If you resign then you will have problems with ACC.

Also in law, the Boss can't sack you for having a disability, only misbehavior etc.
They tried to sack me as well. I eventually resigned as I was so sick, and under so much pressure - even to finding the boss outside the toilet timimg me (!).I couldn't carry on- and then found when I left that ACC had closed my file. Reason? I wanted to stop working and get money out of ACC! I was suspended for 3 years.
Took 2 Reviews b/4 I was re-instated.
So be careful but don't let the CM take control of the meeting.

Do you have a Union Rep as well????

#8 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 06:41 PM

kerry you get more problms if you resign. if the boss wants you to resign then tell him to inform the casemanager. let him to make the decision that you can't work longer. make the case manager make the decision.

watch the injections as they might just have compulations latter on in life.

lassy get an independant home help assessor. Hosiptal board can get one for you.

Write to your CM and inform that both the CM and assessor are not welcome as there behaviour is inapproximate

Be carefull and always look ahead.

#9 User is offline   BillyBob 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:09 PM

I have been informed that if you request an item under social rehabilitation (such as an orthapedic bed, chair etc) and acc havent replied or made a decision witnin 21 days the decision is deemed to be in my favour.

Can anyone advise if this is infact correct.

Cheers
billybob

#10 User is offline   BillyBob 

• Pip

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:46 PM

A very interesting situation has arisen regarding equipment supplied under social rehab.
This is a portion of a letter recieved regarding equipment supplied.

Letter from Enable New Zealand

Enable Rehabilitation are providers of rehababilitation equipment on behalf of acc. We are pleased to have supplied you with the following equipment.

Enclosed with this letter is an asset label, which should be attached to your equipment. Once the equipment has arrived, please attach the assets label/s to the equipment supplied.

(label is an asset number and another label stating "Property Of ACC")

The terms and conditions of use:
The equipment is for your use only
Should the equipment no longer be required please phone the Enable Rehab team or your case manager.
NO REIMBURSEMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR ANY CONTRIBUTION MADE TOWARDS THE COSTS OF THE EQUIPMENT.
ACC RETAINS OWNERSHIP OF ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED ON THEIR BEHALF.

What a crock of shit, in my opinion if you have paid a partial sum for any equipment you have part ownership of it.
Is this another way to rip claimants off?????
Its quite obvious NEVER agree to help fund the equipment you need as ACC will take it if it happens to become redundent and you will lose your money.
It makes me wonder how legal this is as the letter arrives after the equipment is supplied and i would have thought for them to retain ownership a contract would have to be entered into.

cheers
billybob

#11 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

Do not. Repeat DO NOT allow case manager or assessor in your house without an independent and competent witness being present. [ In this case two would be better as there are two of them]
Ensure you tape record the entire proceedings and at the beginining get them to say their names , credentials, and reason for being there. If they refuse make sure you have their refusal on tape and then terminate the meeting.
It is your right as it is your right to be provided with a full list of assessors to choose from.
Do not let them threaten or bully you as they are good at that and most people crumble when ACC threatens them with discontinuance..
If you do not follow these precautions you will more than likely find that the report bears little or no resemblence to what actually transpired.
This may sound paranoid but from my own experince it is mandatory for they will lie and say they discussed things to which they will state that you agreed to.
Do not sign anything no matter how much pressure they apply simply ask them to leave the documents and you will peruse them and sign/not sign after due dilligence and then return them to them. papers have a nasty habit of being altered.
When returning the document have a true copy signed in front of witness by ACC before giving them the original.
Believe me protect yourself because they will lie and cheat you at every opportunity if it is looking like you are going to be a long term liability.

#12 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:03 PM

BB send that lable to case manager and tell him that it should be on his finger. this will confirm that he is a ACC employee and will also remind hin that he is the property of Mr Wilson to abuse.

If you have paid for part of the equiptment them that part is yours. think tat you should write out a contract to get that sorted. You wont be able to get deperatin so it will be always the same value. there bit will develue and when worth nothing they will have nothing.

The ACC don't pay Tax so can't claim deperation. bet the books are cooked showing that the value is already $00000000000.00

#13 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:59 PM

When getting a assessment report for social rehabilitation request the corporation to report on section 84 (4) in seperate paragraphs. this will alsogive you a argument to review against when there is a bad decision.
84 Assessment and reassessment of need for social rehabilitation

84 Assessment and reassessment of need for social rehabilitation

(1) An assessment under this section assesses a claimant's need for social
rehabilitation and identifies the specific social rehabilitation that
the claimant needs.

(2) The Corporation may---

(a) do assessments and reassessments, itself, by using appropriately
qualified assessors employed by the Corporation; or

(B) appoint and pay as many appropriately qualified assessors as it
considers necessary to do assessments and reassessments; or

© both.

(3) A claimant's need for social rehabilitation---

(a) may be reassessed from time to time; and

(B) must be reassessed if the Corporation considers that the claimant's
condition or circumstances have changed.

(4) The matters to be taken into account in an assessment or reassessment
include---

(a) the level of independence a claimant had before suffering the
personal injury:

(B) the level of independence a claimant has after suffering the
personal injury:

© the limitations suffered by a claimant as a result of the personal
injury:

(d) the kinds of social rehabilitation that are appropriate for a
claimant to minimise those limitations:

(e) the rehabilitation outcome that would be achieved by providing
particular social rehabilitation:

(f) the alternatives and options available for providing particular
social rehabilitation so as to achieve the relevant rehabilitation outcome in
the most cost effective way:

(g) any social rehabilitation (not provided as vocational
rehabilitation) that may reasonably be provided to enable a claimant who is
entitled to vocational rehabilitation to participate in employment:

(h) the geographical location in which a claimant lives:

(i) in the case of a reassessment,---

(i) whether any item that the Corporation provided for the
purposes of social rehabilitation is in such a condition as to need replacing:

(ii) changes in the claimant's condition or circumstances since
the last assessment was undertaken.

(5) The Corporation must provide to an assessor (whether employed or
appointed by the Corporation) all information the Corporation has that is
relevant to the assessment.
Compare: 1998 No 114 Schedule cl 41

#14 User is offline   Kiwee 

• Pip

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:57 PM

Orthopaedic Bed? i see somewhere in the previous posts???
are these possible under acc???
Oh to know what a good nite's sleep felt like
kiwee

#15 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

ring all cleaning agencies in the phone book and ask if they will do a quote for minitial clean and maintenance contract.
Many will refuse is you mention ACC so play that bit coy. many will quote 45 to 65 per hr and 4 to six hrs initial anf two hour weelky.
You then submit them to acc keeping copies and request that acc select one post haste tp mee their statutory obligations.
They will delay and gerymaunder but keep the pressure on and they will have to select one and negotiate with them. If they do not sue them.n their arm is twisted they will quickly schedule arsessment which will start imposing personal goals and reducing hrs untill the agencies can no longer get a worker to take the job on and back to squar 1 horror house.

up the smelly creek and not even a cobweb duster

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users