• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acc Worker Tried To Kill Herself

#41 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Wouldn't be Robert Earle McKinney using this name on http://www.accforum.org to tout business for Advantage Advocacy Ltd / ACC Union would it?

View PostACCwhistleblower, on 23 August 2006 - 07:43 AM, said:

Razzle if you feel the need to get some relief from the pressure ACC seems to have put you under please contact me personally and provide some details of your difficulties with your employers I would be pleased to help keeping confidentiallity and anonominity so they cannot sack you.
We have good lawyers that I am sure help you look after your interests.
Give it some thought and do the proper thing and BLOW THE W#HISTLE.

#42 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

View Postkiwiwine, on 23 August 2006 - 10:24 AM, said:

Whistleblower,
No offence intended but Dermot Nottingham is affiliated with a company called Whisleblower - I do hope that you're not anything to do with him or his bunch of conartists that have previously touted for business on this site. :o/>
Earle McKinnney is the company director of Whistleblower and Accunion as listed on
www.companies.govt.nz
There a a number of members on this forum that have been ripped off by these men - I for one have lost to them $12,937.50 :(/>

Kiwiwine B)/>
Evonne Puru

#43 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostIDB, on 19 April 2004 - 11:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>ACC worker tried to kill herself</span>
20 April 2004
By CUSHLA MANAGH

Former ACC case manager Willemina van Riel says her job at ACC was so stressful she tried to kill herself.

Mrs van Riel, of Invercargill, is no longer employed by ACC but she said yesterday that her memories of working in "that toxic place" were still painfully fresh.

ACC, the state agency responsible for preventing workplace injuries, has been accused of bullying and overworking staff.

Labour Department watchdog OSH has investigated and says ACC has introduced a system to manage workplace stress.

OSH is monitoring the situation and is talking to ACC about complaints of stress from staff in other ACC offices.

ACC said complaints about stress, workload and bullying had not been substantiated.

It had confidence in the systems it had put in place to manage workplace stress.

Spokesman Fraser Folster said ACC had no plans to review its systems or procedures, and it had no evidence to indicate that problems were widespread throughout the organisation.

ACC Minister Ruth Dyson's office referred all queries to ACC, saying it was an operational matter for ACC rather than something the minister would comment on. Ms Dyson was asked at the end of last year if any claims of work-related stress had been reported within ACC.

She said then that ACC started keeping statistics on employee reports of work stress last July and, to date, no cases had been reported that identified work-related stress as the "primary stressor".

Mrs van Riel faxed The Dominion Post copies of documents showing she was treated for post-traumatic stress disorder and depression after a nervous breakdown four years ago.

She said her collapse was brought about by overwork and lack of support from ACC managers � she had no history of mental illness before starting at ACC.

When she told a manager she could not cope and was feeling suicidal, she said she was told "not to be so silly".

"I remember crying in the corridor one day and I bumped into another case manager who said to me, `at least you can cry � I just go home and drink gin'."

After trying to kill herself, she left ACC and began a long course of counselling and medication.

Mr Folster said Mrs van Riel was paid the equivalent of 30 months of full pay while ACC tried to support her during rehabilitation. Eventually, she left on medical retirement.

He said there was no system of independent professional supervision for frontline staff when Mrs van Riel worked at the Invercargill branch, unlike now.

Mr Folster rejected suggestions ACC staff had bullied her or failed to be supportive.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dominionpost/...21a6000,00.html

Just remember as this was deliberate it is corporate manslaughter. The Department of Labour deliberatly did not investigate because it was ACC.

#44 User is offline   Campy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationAuckland Regional super city

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postjocko, on 24 August 2006 - 11:31 AM, said:

Razzle I spent eight years rehabilitating myself only to have it ruined by ACC staff with a personal vendetta. Up until the time I reacted I always treated acc staff with respect and dignity and had done so for twenty one years. You should spend some time studying ACC from a non biased perspective and using a little common sense. Then you would see that we are right. Like, try reading the post that started this. That would be a good beginning.

ACC refuse to rehab but when you do your own they punish you for it.

#45 User is offline   Campy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationAuckland Regional super city

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Bloody hell.

View Postrazzle, on 22 August 2006 - 10:13 PM, said:

Acc rules. Its the most well thought of government health scheme in any country. You guys don't know how lucky you are to live in a country were you don't have to go through years of court battles, or dodgy out of court settlements to get even half of what you've lost through injury.

I feel for those who have lost out on claims, but is that ACC's fault? Thousands of people have managed to reap the full benefits that ACC provides, so do you ask yourselves, why didn't this happen for me?

Its a little arrogant to portray that ACC has a personal vendetta against you and your claim. They deal with thousands of claims p/w, and most of the people that you will be dealing with come to work, do there job, and go home. They don't write the rules that some of you fantisise committing homicide over. They follow them, keeping in mind the best interest of the claimant the whole way. Of this I can assure you. Just because you can't get what YOU want, doesn't mean your claim manager isn't looking out in your interests. they are just working within the guidelines they've been provided with, like ANY other person in ANY other corporation.

You should really stop whining and do something pro-active, like treat you case manager with respect and dignity, or even better, take your own steps to rehabiliate yourself.

Just chill out. I'm sure you've got much better things to do with your life than complain to your cyber-buddies about ACC.

#46 User is offline   Compassion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think once you have had major falling out and mismanagement of your claims, reviews that you win, acknowledgement of breaches etc, is the choice to leave that branch.

Otherwise anything that happens after then is taken or given with that history behind you.

I know of a person so traumatised by this acc branch it has actually become part of his ptsd. The names of the people he has had conflict with that 9/10 he has shown himself to be correct.

I think this is unprofessional and unethical to force this person to continue dealing with these individuals and when I have been shown their letters to him, they are so smug and fueling the issues not creating peace for him.

#47 User is offline   Compassion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

re above

or better still, sack those poison individuals who have behaved so badly and dishonestly toward him

#48 User is offline   Getoveryourself 

• Pip

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

im sorry but i dont believe it could have been ACC who made this CM try to kill herself. If you try to top oneself you have a predisposition to this type of psychological behaviour. She needs to own up and be honest. She tried to kill herself because she was an alchy. Seriously open your eyes. One minute people are wanting to hurt CMs then they are siding with the CM who has been so hurt and ridiculed by the Corporation that they self harm. Come on, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure it out. I wont say a bad word against my CM but this woman needs to get some help and take some responsibility. THis is just dumb.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users