• You cannot reply to this topic

Traps for Sensitive Claimants

#21 User is offline   Lupine 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

redsquare74ucys, on Sep 22 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

!! I thought ACC sensitive claims were confidential and not able to be accessed by anyone else outside of ACCSCU? Do you mean they can request this as of right?

Thanks for your reply. I didn't expect you would be able to help but this has been really useful. I'm really isolated here and feel safest over the internet. Also my impairment means that I have a great deal of difficulty talking to others like rape crisis workers, etc etc.

I've heard the drop out rate in R. trials is very high. Are there any statistics showing why? This information would be really useful to me. As morbid as it sounds I wish I could sit through a R trial to see what will happen and how I am likely to be attacked. The accused has my life story so I guess I would be attacked for existing at all. *sigh*

Hi Redsquare,

I think it would be useful if you did go to a trial and so you can make an informed choice. Thats not been morbid that is using smart tactics. Upon further thought I would think that your file would only be at risk if the Crown tried to use part of it as evidence. If they did that would give the defense the right to request disclosure. I would think that the Police would use witness testimony such as from your Doctor to maintain a degree of protection of your privacy as the defense will be able to cross examine allowing for the rights of the accused, but mostly on the issues raised in court as opposed to documents subject to disclosure. (Only a Professional can confirm this to a legal standard this is just my humble opinion)

I want to warn all SC's about the Internet. The Internet is not safe for people to reveal sexual abuse histories and I would even say it is more dangerous than many other threats. In late 90's various sexual abuse "support groups" popped up and the malice and exploitation was simply unbelievable. A lot of people where there terrifying the nice people with horror stories about fake current abuse situtations. Once the target was stressed out enough then requests for money to flee to safer pastures would become a theme and you can guess the rest. Some where there to feed off other peoples pain and most of them were there to create more suffering for more excitement. The sites became a magnet for Cons, Sadists and Perverts and needless to say people got hurt. I cannot stress how important it is to avoid those situtations. These people are very very good and know how to make you put your emotional well being on the line so you have keep believing their crap. They prey on people who try to help or pretend to try and help you. The only exception to avoidance is a open forum like this one.

The Internet is not safe for the unwary and or the vulnerable.

#22 User is offline   redsquare74ucys 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Found this stat posted in a blog - Tumeke!

Dr Kim McGregor, director of Rape Prevention and Education claims that:
"Only 9 per cent of rapes are reported to the police in this country,'' she said. "When the rape complaints get to the police, 60 per cent to 80 per cent of them will be knocked off at the investigation stage. Only 15 per cent of them may make it through to court.''

Thanks for the info guys. MT I can relate though not as bad as yours, had to sleep on the floor for years (only just able to sleep in a bed now). That isn't the case I wanna take to court though. It's the one against my therapist/counselor. So he has my life history anyway and I guess it goes without saying all my weak points. He did this to a previous client also and when the case went to the Human Rights Tribunal the old she's doing this for the money thing came out. Then after the trial, when he knew it would be in the media, he wrote to his supporters saying that he didn't know why she complained, it must have been for the money.

Interesting thread in the Off topic section today re: Anne Hunt, and her book Broken Silence. So similar to my case it's freaky (not the way they are trying to gag Anne Hunt I mean the woman she writes about in the book).

Had my own bad experience on line when this saga first began. On another site asking for advice, and admin kept deleting my posts. Now I notice that that site no longer has a forum.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users