ACCforum: Australia New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations - ACCforum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Australia New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations The new criteria includes a SKILL category

#21 User is offline   anonymousey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 11 June 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

Although my understanding has withstood the rigours of judicial enforcement requiring the ACC is obedience I don't think that is going to be enough for you.
As you historically argue with everything I say about the source material I would strongly urge you to go to that source material. This will remove the possibility of any contention and disharmony.You would need to examine the proper interpretation of "skill" which is a word that the ACC have been historically ignoring. The criteria is skill equivalency. For example if you could no longer work as a computer programmer ACC could have you reskill as a plasterer. This would mean of course that you would remain on ACC entitlements for the duration of the apprenticeship wwhich I believe takes a longer time than qualifying as a programmer yet the skill level is rated as the same. Of course there are people that suffer from self perception and therefore stigmatise various professions and occupations.

Whoops you have edited and expanded your comments..

I note that you have also reversed your job example ...

Again I am unable to determine the *skill level* that you are comparing Alan ...

<<SNIPPED>>

Fine modifications made again Alan ....

but please remember that the ANZSCO Skill level is an opposite scale to the one used by the NZ Qualifications Framework ...

Also if you wish to introduce concepts with logical consequences [example = abatements] to your indeterminate palaver ...this may assist you to additional insights by yourself for yourself etc etc

This post has been edited by anonymousey: 11 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

#22 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

The prescription for the meaning of the word "skill" as it applies to vocational rehabilitation into a new occupation for purposes of earning is not to be confused with other ways in which various other publications agencies used the word. The word "Skill" is as prescribed in the Australia New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations and nothing else and as such any other meaning becomes irrelevant and as such we do not need to be discussing any other opinion or viewpoint. We must keep in mind the concept of compliance with a legislated criteria and the reference material used to comply with that criteria.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users