#1 User is offline   #y0 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

#2 User is offline   two planks 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

Yet another piece of spin, no doubt from the Ministry of social disinformation run by Ruthie Dyson or at least from the New Zealand Labour Party desperate to coverup their inadequacies.
Despicable curs.

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

Take note that no one on ACC bullied there Doctor.

#4 User is offline   MG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

Of course, neither ACC nor DWI officials and their medical advisers ever bully treating doctors into not certifying incapacity or disability. ACC certainly never vowed, to "ruthlessly hound" health providers who put the welfare of their patients before that of the bureaucracy, while the $21m ACC carved off last year to "improve communications" with health providers cannot be seen as a slush fund, can it?

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

yes I think they need to do another survey with GP's and ask them how many have been bullied by ACC staff! That would produce amazing results. I bet more GP's feel bullied by ACC than any beneficiaries or anyone else.

#6 User is offline   MG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

The "New Zealand Medical Journal" reported, a couple of years ago, that the greatest sources of stress for doctors were ACC and insurance companies.

#7 User is offline   Chrissy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

It makes me so angry that media and politicians target the most vulnerable in our society by giving a few and probably isolated examples of bullying episodes or people too lazy to go to quit smoking courses or whatever! GRRR...remember the beneficiary bashing campaign in the 1990's? Looks like this campaign is back in full force and even worse it is targeting the most vulnerable! It is easy to stereotype whole groups of people based on a few isolated examples, especially with the help of media and unfortunately most people can not recognise it for what it is...back to the good old days of beneficiary bashing...but now they've sunk to a new low!

#8 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

Attached File  acc_bully_tui.JPG (19.61K)
Number of downloads: 10

#9 User is offline   redsquare74ucys 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Such bullshit. How many times will we have to see this shit spread over the promo pages outside our local dairy?

Poor, poor little GPs. Notice NOT A DAMN THING is mentioned about druggies trying it on.

When the review for my IB came up in Jan this year under the new WINZ system they sent me to my GP who (surprise, surprise) had no idea what the hell they had sent me to him for. He filled in the form (optimistically since the psych says I should be on indefinately) for one year. WINZ only allow reviews for a minimum of two years so little did we know this would not re-qualify me. I find out when I see my case manager (STRESS!!- I thought it was sorted!!). Eventually the staff at WINZ figure out that they can pay for me to see one of their doctors. This is done and she signs the forms, but the whole time I am painfully aware that with a single decision by her my life could instantaneously turn to shit.

Seems to me that the real problem (if there IS a problem) is that WINZ expect GPs to understand their constantly changing mess of a system and when this doesn't happen we get the blame.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users