ACCforum: has anyone had aclothing allowance payment? - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

has anyone had aclothing allowance payment?

#1 User is offline   jordan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

first my cm told me i could probably get one, now she says i cant because its not in their provision and winz wont help either, i thought it might be seen as transition into work and acc might of put something towards it?

#2 User is offline   Not Waddie 

• Pip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

View Postjordan, on Jul 5 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

first my cm told me i could probably get one, now she says i cant because its not in their provision and winz wont help either, i thought it might be seen as transition into work and acc might of put something towards it?

I know that ACC has done this before. However, it would be a discretionary funding under vocational rehabilitation. The case manager probably had good intentions but then had their chain shortened.

#3 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

Right on Not Waddie. If I had had to return to work, my Corporate clothes would no do up around the waist as recuperation means more sitting around when you cant use your arms. So what you put in the mouth gotta go somewhere.

I was told that a clothing allowance would be available to get a couple of outfits to return to work, if need be. As it turned out it wasnt needed, so I free of corporate clothing and like the jeans and trackies. So all is well.

It must be discretionary, as I have a print out of the available items paid for by WINZ (if you ask, but do it in writing please, then they have to answer), which have a repayment required tick and non repayable tick beside them. It would be acouple of years old now though. The list I mean.

#4 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

Winz gave someome I know $400 towards new clothes for a new job. This was a job WINZ found them and the clothes were paid for, just everyday nice stuff. Acc to my knowledge do not provide such luxuries.

#5 User is offline   raged&obtused 

• Pip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:00 AM

I know that WINZ can help with this as I used to work at Hallensteins and we did quotes for this sort of thing all the time.

It is a bit trickier for ACC to cover it so you would want to put a good case forward - if ACC can't fund this directly there may be some way to do it through a voc rehab programme as those are run by a vocational agency and then charged back to ACC.

Good luck!

#6 User is offline   Witchiepoo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

Hospice shops - Whangaparoa brilliant - but they are all over the place. Designer stuff too ....

#7 User is offline   Spacecadet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

WINZ make clothing grants if you need new clothes to start a job. Some offices even have a poster up about it. Also - you do not have to be a WINZ beneficiary to qualify.
Suggest you try to find a sympathetic WINZ case manager. On that issue - WINZ have improved out of site in the last 3 years.

#8 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

We have $2 clothing recycling "shops" here!
Wow, you can get a bargain any day and some brand new too.
BUT as they import a lot of this donated stuff, it isnt helping the NZ clothing industry!

#9 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

when one is on the bones of ones arse one does not give a stuff if the stuff from the charity shops comes from overseasNew zealand industry suffers.
If they cared then local stuff would be affordable and invalids aged sick and unemployed including those just finding it tough to survive in this despicable enviorenment created by politicians pissing in the rountable pockets and supporting less than adequate wages and giving themselves large increases equivalent to the basic dole.
Labour sux national waffles and greens turncoat on poor for greenie points. abolish tax for all incomes below 20.000 pa and exempt them from that insidious tax theft GST.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users