• You cannot reply to this topic

PTSD / INJURY Judge Beatie again

#1 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Greetings,
This claimant suffers PTSD as a result being threatened with a firearm in the process of a robbery... Hit the gap, tripped and fell on concrete and damaged knees...
Burglar was a 6 foot tall 14 year old... :huh:
Many assessments state PTSD is the result of the firearm threat, and injury to knees.
ACC declined cover for PTSD, stating injury to knees is not relevant or cause of PTSD... B...S...

I was there... Gun was pointed at me as well. :blink: Injury to her knees happened within seconds, of gun being pointed at us...
No if or buts in this...
The injury is related to the incident as is the PTSD...

I and my son, shared the house with this claimant, while waiting for my house to be built after fire...
I have no doubt The injury to her knees and the PTSD that developed are linked...
as both occurred within seconds...
This now goes to the high court...

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Medwyn 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostTomcat, on May 12 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

Greetings,
This claimant suffers PTSD as a result being threatened with a firearm in the process of a robbery... Hit the gap, tripped and fell on concrete and damaged knees...
Burglar was a 6 foot tall 14 year old... :huh:
Many assessments state PTSD is the result of the firearm threat, and injury to knees.
ACC declined cover for PTSD, stating injury to knees is not relevant or cause of PTSD... B...S...

I was there... Gun was pointed at me as well. :blink: Injury to her knees happened within seconds, of gun being pointed at us...
No if or buts in this...
The injury is related to the incident as is the PTSD...

I and my son, shared the house with this claimant, while waiting for my house to be built after fire...
I have no doubt The injury to her knees and the PTSD that developed are linked...
as both occurred within seconds...
This now goes to the high court...

Is there any ongoing support for this victim or indeed both of you, or do you have to suffer the Flashbacks and re-occurent dreams of the incidence, keep bumping this one as it's an area AC needs to revisit and revise the criteria especially as the buggers who commit the crime are covered fully while they do it.

#3 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

Greetings,
She gets nothing from ACC except I.A. for her left knee...Should be for both knees.
The PTSD is For Real... My house was not completed til April 1999... so continued to share house and expenses til then...

Me... Occasionally something on the "giggle box" will trigger a "flash back" and the thought of
"what if"...
I have "looked death in the eye" many times in my 61 years... so no worries...
Still got few more of my "9 lives" to go yet. :P

#4 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Greetings,
I now have to write up an "Affidavit", for high court appeal, as I was there, and subject to the gun threats, and witness to the whole event second by second...
Claimant says today that all this long drawn out process is only keeping the issue "Alive",
which is not easy for her to deal with... she recieves no ERC, only WINZ... Lost her Business due this robbery and injury...
ACC has been obstructive in her case with previous back injuries received when she was a member of the volunteer fire service...
Once again...
ACC hurts many in this scenario, by not being reasonable about what it obviously a genuine claim... GRRRRR ! :angry:

#5 User is offline   Medwyn 

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostTomcat, on May 14 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

Greetings,
I now have to write up an "Affidavit", for high court appeal, as I was there, and subject to the gun threats, and witness to the whole event second by second...
Claimant says today that all this long drawn out process is only keeping the issue "Alive",
which is not easy for her to deal with... she recieves no ERC, only WINZ... Lost her Business due this robbery and injury...
ACC has been obstructive in her case with previous back injuries received when she was a member of the volunteer fire service...
Once again...
ACC hurts many in this scenario, by not being reasonable about what it obviously a genuine claim... GRRRRR ! :angry:

Tomcat,
Go carefully friend as this is frought with personal danger.

If you start having "Reactions" leave it and come back to it it. or don't do it alone but with help.

Look after yourself and don't go setting off flashbacks or intrusive dreams if you can avoid it.

keep in contact as your safety is paramount and we need your wise ways.

Go well and keep safe,

medwyn

#6 User is offline   Empathy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

That is appalling and not in line with international thinking re PTSD.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users