• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mr Orange Reviewer

#1 User is offline   Spacecadet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

I have received a report from a reliable source that Mr Orange, reviewer and former ACC Branch Manager will not be will not be conducting any more reviews. He has apparently retired for medical reasons.
Mr Orange is infamous for the King vs ACC decision where he was severely criticised for his deceitful behaviour whilst Branch manager of ACC Takapuna.

#2 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

Greetings,

"Mr Orange is infamous for the King vs ACC decision where he was severely criticised for his deceitful behaviour whilst Branch manager of ACC Takapuna."

Theres more to that scenario(other naughty stuff), than we will ever know. <_< .

#3 User is offline   DARRELLGEMMA 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

View PostTomcat, on Mar 22 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

Greetings,

"Mr Orange is infamous for the King vs ACC decision where he was severely criticised for his deceitful behaviour whilst Branch manager of ACC Takapuna."

Theres more to that scenario(other naughty stuff), than we will ever know. <_< .

Does anybody happen to have a copy of that decision of King vs ACC in the high court. I would be interested to see a copy of that decision on this website.
Kind Regards
Darrell Pearce.

#4 User is offline   Spacecadet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

It has been reported that Mr Orange has bowel cancer.

I have only had one review with Mr Orange. As he and I were the only ones present at the review we had a good informal discussion about the issues; but like all reviews, the issue was inevitable frustrated in favour of ACC.

#5 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

Mr Orange is the reviewer who made a decision in favour of a claimant being 'double taxed' when reimbursing WINZ from ACC.

One and only time Review has ever gone in claimants favour for that particular issue.

Let hope mother court things he was right!!!

Fingers crossed!!

#6 User is offline   Advakit 

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

View PostMINI, on Mar 23 2008, 11:26 AM, said:

Mr Orange is the reviewer who made a decision in favour of a claimant being 'double taxed' when reimbursing WINZ from ACC.

One and only time Review has ever gone in claimants favour for that particular issue.

Let hope mother court things he was right!!!

Fingers crossed!!

Have you got a copy of the review decision in regard to being overtaxed, I have a client who would appreciate a copy

#7 User is offline   Advakit 

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:05 AM

Whangarei has not had a great run with this reviewer, I am sorry that he has cancer but I am also glad that he is not conducting reviews anymore.

He has overseen 20 reviews and dismissed everyone of them, what does that tell you?

Advakit

#8 User is offline   happy1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Sounds like a good ACC employee-sees things through one eye!

Sorry about Mr Oranges cancer but maybe he`ll see things differently now.

One can but hope !

#9 User is offline   Spacecadet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

As I heard it, Mr Orange was also having an affair with the Technical Claims manager on the side. Of course this had no influence on the decisions issued at review, but no doubt helped a certain staff member of the Whangarei office achieve her KPIs

I wonder if the current QC inquiry into Mrs Forster's case had anything to do with Mr Orange's sudden departure?

#10 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

:wub: Hi everyone ...

Oooooooh well as the add goes ...

:P If its not orange it must be a lemon ... mmmmm and some lemons are really bloody sourer ...

:rolleyes: Build up of crap does strange things to a person ...

;) Keep smiling ...

#11 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

Advacate

This is part of my evidence in Court at the moment. Flitting it about all over the place will not help my case and certainly will not help anyone wanting to go ACC for same issue.

It has taken me four years to get some of this stuff, and if anyone is willing to wait another six months or so they maybe able to even pick up some more goodies, like new case law.!!

It pays to share stuff, in the first instance, then others share back. This person won with documentation collected by me and look at me sitting here pushing the perverbial up hill still.

Am quite determined it will work out and be cleared by June, keep checking the online I will let you know win or lose.

Cheers
Mini

#12 User is offline   Advakit 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

View PostMINI, on Mar 24 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

Advacate

This is part of my evidence in Court at the moment. Flitting it about all over the place will not help my case and certainly will not help anyone wanting to go ACC for same issue.

It has taken me four years to get some of this stuff, and if anyone is willing to wait another six months or so they maybe able to even pick up some more goodies, like new case law.!!

It pays to share stuff, in the first instance, then others share back. This person won with documentation collected by me and look at me sitting here pushing the perverbial up hill still.

Am quite determined it will work out and be cleared by June, keep checking the online I will let you know win or lose.

Cheers
Mini

I hope everything goes well with you on this one, I am sure most of us will be interested in the final decision,

best of luck

#13 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

advikat

You are not missing out on much as there will never be another discision from ACC like this one. They say Mr Orange made a mistake, but I note they didnt take it any futher, meaning that they knew they could never win an arguement to say he was wrong.

BUT they must have told all the reviewers to back off as another decision like his has not been made since then. However it is imperitive to MY case, not with ACC, to show what can happen by a professional concerning this issue.

He is right of course. But ACC policy says he is wrong. Bad Bad boy, thinking about things logically.

Cheers
Mini

#14 User is offline   johnadda 

• Pip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostSpacecadet, on Mar 22 2008, 07:42 PM, said:

I have received a report from a reliable source that Mr Orange, reviewer and former ACC Branch Manager will not be will not be conducting any more reviews. He has apparently retired for medical reasons.
Mr Orange is infamous for the King vs ACC decision where he was severely criticised for his deceitful behaviour whilst Branch manager of ACC Takapuna.

[quote name='Johnadda' date=' mar 29 2008,
I believe you will find that he as stood down as a Reviewer for personal reason, but is still carrying on as a Mediator.

#15 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostSpacecadet, on 22 March 2008 - 06:42 PM, said:

http://www.nzlii.org...A/1990/201.html

http://www.accfocus....ts/King-Vs-ACC/

#16 User is offline   Mark 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHorowhenua

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostSpacecadet, on 22 March 2008 - 06:42 PM, said:

Mr Orange heard my review in Feb 2011... (Conducted under the Langhorne ruling) and found in my favour... and criticized ACC

#17 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

View PostMark, on 18 December 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

Mr Orange heard my review in Feb 2011... (Conducted under the Langhorne ruling) and found in my favour... and criticized ACC

John Orange
is Better at Work, someone has to help pay for the injured whilst they are unable to or struggling with getting their correct entitlements from http://www.acc.co.nz

The unfortunate thing is he is responsible for a number of serious incorrect decisions in Law that happen at Review.

#18 User is offline   crossroads 

• PipPip

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hmmmm, John Orange, ACC Takapuna branch manager......Dr Kantilal Kanji, chief hatchet man for Vocational Independence assessments and former ACC Takapuna BMA (or something to that effect?) Anyone else sense a link here? Or is it just coincidence, and no branch of ACC is any more or less rotten than another?

#19 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

RIP

John Raymond ORANGE

Obituary
[Photo]
Guest Book

* "Such a very good friend to our Dad, Bruce - thinking of you..."
- Philippa Murray/Freeman
* "ORANGE, John. A great mate and golfing buddy, you will be..."
- John ORANGE
Published in: New Zealand Herald
* "A great work colleague to us over many years. Fondly and..."
- Rose
* "Farewell John thanks for the great company on bike rides..."

View Sign

ORANGE, John Raymond.
Surrounded by his family and loved ones, 27 March 2013 aged 67 years. Beloved husband of Sandra; loved father of Matthew and Jas, and Stephen; loved Pa of Deepa and Taarika; son of the late Frank and Maureen; brother of Kerry (deceased), Michael, Gabriel, Gillian, David, and Susan. A funeral service for John will be held in the St Francis Xavier Catholic Church, cnr Kamo Road and Park Avenue, Whangarei on Wednesday 3 April 2013 at 12 noon. To be followed by a private cremation. In lieu of flowers a donation to North Haven Hospice, PO Box 7050, Tikipunga or Project Promise, PO Box 1844, Whangarei, would be much appreciated. All communications to "The Orange Family" c-/ PO Box 5116, Whangarei.

http://www.legacy.co...908609&cid=full

Tuesday, 2 April 2013
A great work colleague to us over many years. Fondly and respectfully remembered by many at ACC.
~
Rose,
Auckland, Auckland

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users