Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help requested by

#1 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

BIOVALE is a project designed to take into account the special rehabilitation needs of individuals disabled by mulitiple chemical sensitivities.

It meets the Thames Coromandel District Council (TCDC) Policy Framework:

* “To encourage and support the development of community facilities and amenties that take into design consideration the particular circumstances of those with special needs”
*“housing to particular sectors”
*“To promote and support sporting, leisure and recreational activities which enhance the well-being of residents and visitors.”

BIOVALE has been granted Resource Consent by the TCDC for a Home Stay, for people with multiple chemical sensitivity.

They are currently test piloting practical ways to facilitate rehabilitation programmes that enhance the quality of ordinary living for people with multiple chemical sensitivity.

They are also sharing and providing grassroots health care to support and encourage preventative health to help resolve minor health difficulties before they become more serious.

Powerco Ltd have applied to TCDC for designation for a 110kv capable electricity transmission line between Coroglen and Kaimarama.

PowerCoLtd have purchased the neighbouring property to the west and the application locates the pylons and transmission line near to the BIOVALE boundary.

This means the proposed electricity transmission line is currently planned to be positioned approximately fifty metres from their building and facilities at 107 Kaimarama Rd, Whitianga.

One aspect of concern is the research results that indicate magnetic and electric fields can interfere with body function and overall health.

BIOVALE have set up a resort/treatment centre for people with MCS, and now find a power transmission line is about to be built alongside them.

BIOVALE are asking for some submissions in support of their objection to Powerco's development especially from people who might use the treatment facility but be put off by the proximity of the transmission line.
http://accfocus.org/articles/facilities-fo...ensitivity.html

TCDC Submission Form

#2 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:46 AM

Hi Freefall

Did you check who the Directors Shareholders are???

No point waiting for 5-10 years before finding out if any of them are our mainplayers from the top!!

Especially if our sensitive chemical peoples have gone into bat for them not knowing who they are.

#3 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

Hmmm. Biovale do not appear to be registered with the new Zealand companies office register.
Shonky I suspect and just another moneymaking scam for wannabee's

#4 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

I am utterly sickened by the response to Freefalnz post.
Are you people trying to insinuate that this group who are trying to help very vulnerable people with a very misunderstood disease called NEUROTOXICITY, are part of ACC??

This project is very much supported by SNIFTAS the support group for these sufferers.
I too, was sent a copy of this by email from an eminent person in the community.
I am disgusted at Flowers response and suggest it was a veiled personal attack on the postee of this article.

Instead of doing the usual nasty response thing seen on Forum of late, let us get behind these folk and their opposition to a high voltage power line passing by their property.
It is well known that high voltage power lines are unsafe up to 500 metres away.
People with neurotoxicity are vulnerable to many things that others have never even thought about.
By the way, what have any of you done for a person suffering with this awful problem , neuro-toxicty?

Stop the crap and think about the text of this article, support for opposition to any high voltage lines passing within cooee of a property. It could be yours next!!!!

#5 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

I am not sure where you are comming from birdbrain all I am trying to do is find out more about who they are and what they are at and I cannot find them listed as a genuine company in new zealand and the only links from search engines is about power PRODUCTION.

Please feel free to post what you know about this organisation that uses this name in thames coro area as there seems to be bugger all and sniftass I believe should beware that their members are not used as a politico/business scapegoat by a .at present in my books a highly suspicious organisation.
If however you can provide some proof that they are kosker please do so. If sniftass has more info I cannot see it

oh yeah and I was not having a go at freefallnz

http://www.slideshare.net/Teias/biovale-bi...cial-inclusion/
Attached File  biovale1.JPG (36.77K)
Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  biovale2.JPG (53.94K)
Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  biovale3.JPG (70.14K)
Number of downloads: 6

#6 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

[right]
[quote]I cannot find them listed as a genuine company in new zealand[/quote]Let common sense prevail!

Most small block holders & lifestylers dont register as companies!
I offer these folks my wholehearted support. Firstly as a member of [url="http://accfocus.org/links/view/snftaas.html"]SNFTAAS[/url] (Support Network For The Alehyde and Solvent Affected) and secondly as a former small block holder who knows the incredible amount of hard work that breaking in an old block thats been let go requires. More so if your not wanting to use chemicals to control weeds, brush, gorse etc.
And lastly I'm sooo envious! Its something I've wanted to do! And the location! WOW!!!

[quote]
Biovale is project in developmental progress. Part of our own rehabilitation activity is developing a rehabilitation place where others can benefit from the things we have been learning through our experience. The kind of place we would have liked to be able to go when we were first trying to find a new way to live.[/right][url="http://accfocus.org/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/62/pg_1769446487.jpg"][/url]

The buildings have been designed to meet the special needs of those with multiple chemical sensitivity.This includes avoiding building on geopathic zones, and design techniques that minimise the magnetic and electric fields from power sources,especially in sleeping areas.
[url="http://accfocus.org/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/62/pg_1681120554.jpg"][/url]

To help balance the effects of electromagnetic fields from power, radio and TV waves etc and to preserve the natural character of the electromagnetic fields in the area, rocks containing quartz have been incorporated into the landscaping. Low-toxicity building materials have been used.
[url="http://accfocus.org/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/62/pg_2032788361.jpg"][/url]

The buildings have been positioned on an elevated site, with a large relatively flat area for disabled people to move around on. This is surrounded by gentle slopes where the slightly more active can exercise. The more able-bodied can use the steeper tracks and bushwalks for leisure and recreational activities.
[url="http://accfocus.org/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/62/pg_1437118754.jpg"][/url]
Organic permaculture gardens provide some quality low-chemical- residue food all year round. The design includes space for these gardens to be expanded as the project grows. Many fruit trees have been planted . A wide variety of other plants have been planted to provide resources for leisure and recreational activities, such as floral art and craft activities. Healing gardens play a significant part in enhancing quality of ordinary life for people with multiple chemical sensitivity. This is not just for the fresh food they supply, but also for the social, emotional, physical and spiritual components which enhance the well-being of residents and visitors.
[url="http://accfocus.org/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/62/pg_334038971.jpg"][/url]

An aspect of concern for the ongoing viability of this project, is the general belief of the potential client base that a rehabilitation Home Stay next to an electricity transmission line, is not a healthy place for people with multiple chemical sensitivity to be.
[url="http://accfocus.org/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/62/pg_430061723.jpg"][/url]
Whatever scientific argument may be presented, these people still tend to perceive that their well-being is diminished when in the vicinity of electricity transmission lines. A facility designed and built for the special needs of those with multiple chemical sensitivity will be useless if the people it is designed for do not perceive it as a healing place to be and choose not to be there.
[/quote][url="http://accfocus.org/blogs/268-for-the-doubting-thomases.html"]For the Doubting Thomases[/url]

#7 User is offline   Medwyn 

• Pip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

[quote name='freefallnz' date='Feb 14 2008, 05:54 PM' post='60479']

t looks beautiful, so peaceful easy. I hope they have success, I too would love a place like that to jell out with my partner, the kids and the dogs closest I know is a place called Onekaka Beach in Golden Bay where I spent some time a few years back, no phone, no tv and no watches allowed it was heaven.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users