Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

medical assessment how come

#1 User is offline   older 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

Hi in 2005 ACC kicked me off their books but i won my case against them with the help of my lawyer. I had anothe med assessment in 2006 and was told I couldnt work at all. now I have to have anothe assessment. How often do you have to do these med assessments? Do I go ahead an get the med assessment. By the way I;m 60+ old

#2 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

Hi Older,
What sort of Medical assessment are they asking you to undergo?
Is it under section 100? That is to ascertain if your condition is injury related or OLD AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or is it Vocab related?
I hope you take a support person with you, tell them you are recording it and make sure that you have all the MEdical reports including the last assessment with you.
Also, did you get a choice in the Medical person? If not you are entitled to refuse to go to this person and ask for a list of the doctors and put it up here and we shall enlighten you, hopefully as to whom is a toady or not!!!

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:15 PM

Sparrow From the above post the Dr that carried out the assessment said that this person can not work. the assessment is not for the Vocational Rehabilitation unless the toddie was lying.

Older you need to ask what the medical assessment is for and why.

If they say to up date the IRP ask whats changed.

read all of the reports again to see if they say that you could carry out some part time work as this may be in the assessments somewere.

Look past the theory that you can not work. It may say that you were not fit to work for 35 hours or more. that is not to say that you could work less than 35 hours per week.

Go back and read you assessments to see what the assessor said and if said that you can work less hours find your self a job.

#4 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Dopel, your advice is shocking and shonky.
You have no right to tell anyone to go and get a job. What a cheek!

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

and if said that you can work less hours find your self a job.

the difference from you and me is that if a person can work less hours than 35 then they should be and ACC should be promoting it.

the ACC can not attempt another Vocational Independence assessment if the claimant is known that the claimant is not going to acheive Vocational Independence.

Not working means that the claimant can not find a job. that means that the injury is not causing the loss of employment but the job market is not able to supply employment. this is already used by ACC and if they can set some one up they will do it again.

If a claimant is working the number of hours that has been stated in the assessments then the ACC can not say that the claimant is not working to the max of there ability.

we are taking the information from the assessments and using the information to the claimants avantage.

you Sparrow on the other hand are saying that because there is no Vocational Independence the claimant has no duty to attemp to carry out any earnings.

I posted the Branch Targets and if you bothered to read them working part time is considered an acheivement in the branch targets. if claimants work with case managers to acheive targets then case managers will act differently.

10 hours per week will get a claimant an increase in there overall income. they will be better off than not working and the case manager will not let down her team.

Change the attitude and this is both case managers and claimants.

#6 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:42 AM

Dopple

Not often I disagree with you, but here you are argueing with Sparrow about nothing.

OLder has not given you enougth information to even answer her. You are just guessing.

Have you ever thought about how much it would cost the ACC to re-train us if we are not going back into our old jobs.

Me I would love to still be working, look at all the 'tank engines' I could be getting. Not hard.

The fact is I can no longer do the part of my job that requires me to be out of the road and I do not have the computer skills to do any lessor part of the job that would bring in enough money to live on. Apart from that I am medically and mentally unfit.

When we get to 60 or so, the amount of money it would cost to retrain us outweighs the amount of income we would be getting off the ACC. I worked for the govt, there is hardly any difference in what dept pays me eh??

It is not us that do not want to work. It is the employer who doesnt want to make accommodation for our disability and if we don't tell them then we can be in all sorts of strife.

So please before going off at Sparrow, find out what assessments Older has been for. Get the gen first!!

Good luck.
Mini

#7 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:21 AM

I stand by my posting.
No-one, and I repeat, no-one has the right to tell anyone to go get a job.
It should be clear to Dopel that this person has been assessed as completely unfit for work. What part does Dopel not understand?
Perhaps Dopel can explain to us why HE hasnt a job??
And just for your info, where did I mention about VIA in my post?

Further to my post Older, I think it is imperative that you get a copy of your file urgently. You must be able to know what is going on. Good luck! ;)

#8 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

The word IF is the important word. the word if abd that is if the assessor has said that the person could complete some work then by finding employment in the employment that the assessor has recomended is a better way to go than being on the sitting on the merry go around.

For a claimant to assessed as having a vocational independence the intital occupational and medical assessors have claimed that Older has a work capacity.

the level I got no idea

I am using the legislation and know what is in an assessment, taking the easiest way to root to stop the merry go around. There is meant to be legislative changes coming up. they may bring something back that is in the 1972 and 1982 Acts which will remove entitlements. If they bring it in then ones that sit on there arse will be further penlised.

#9 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

Older does not need IF!
You are just guessing Dopel and it is not helpful.
You wouldn't be on the merry go round yourself Dopel perhaps?

#10 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

I would hope that you are ensuring everything is in writing. It is so easy for the case manager to rush things and forget to provide you with a list of assessors and details of what the r'sessment is aimed at along with documents they wish you to approve release for to the r'sessor.
It is not wise to sign the universal permission for all documents from all and sundry but to use the case by case permission as can be downloaded from this site along with formletters relating to that form for the file and also letter stopping all phone contact and advising all comms to be e.mail backed by letter or letter only. this keeps accurate record of things that may be needed later in the case of dispute.
Witness and tape record is de riguer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users