Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Medical Assessor's Guide ACC document

#1 User is offline   Kiwee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:00 AM

Welcome to the guidelines for medical assessors undertaking initial and vocational independence medical
assessments for the vocational rehabilitation programme.
These guidelines have been produced specifi cally for ACC contracted medical assessors to provide them with
the information they will need in order to assess a claimant’s capacity to undertake vocational rehabilitation,
including recommendations for further treatment or rehabilitation, or to assess whether ACC has completed
vocational and medical rehabilitation and the claimant has the capacity to work.
Purpose of the Guidelines
These guidelines have been developed to provide a consistent approach to the assessment of ACC claimants
who require medical assessments for vocational rehabilitation. The purpose of the guidelines is to:
• Achieve consistency in the approach to assessments and report writing
• Provide information to assessors about ACC’s rehabilitation model.

http://acc.org.nz/for-providers/resources/...-guidelines.pdf

#2 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:45 PM

this guide is written so that the medical assessor gives te best result in court. it is for the corporation using the medical assessor as an expert witness to find the court in the corporations favor.

the Assesment does not have to be correct even though it is against Medical Ethics and human Rights. these assesments are "Dual Loyalty" .

It is about time that the Corporation and goverment obeyed the Human Rights of the policy holders and the levie payers

Doppelganger

#3 User is offline   roamy 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:24 AM

I am having trouble starting the download for these assessors guidelines.I got them a couple of days ago, but accidently deleted them (doh) is anyone else having problems downloading them, i was thinking maybe acc had done some sneaky tech thing and stopped them from being available.roamy

#4 User is offline   Kiwee 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:36 AM

Don't know why you would have a problem downloading the file. Easiest way is to right click on the link
http://acc.org.nz/for-providers/resources/...-guidelines.pdf
and "Save Target As"
or you could message me and i will send it to you

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:05 PM

Notice that this is the 2004 one. just wonder what the difference is to the previous one is. Will look at it and report as soon as i get time to do it

#6 User is offline   roamy 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:24 PM

Thanks kiwee, i got it that way (save as) it is funny cause when i got it a few days ago i just left clicked and got it that way but couldn't repeat that.So for a newbies newbie i have just learn't one more thing.Considering the fact i attended an acc funded computer course last year, and was given one of those stupid ""you have passed bla bla"" certificates, it is weird how i learn't nothing and could not even figure out ""save target as"", despite this and the fact i could only handle half the alloted time for the course due to pain, they still shoved this misleading ""qualification"" in my hand.I couldn't do any ""work"" on a company computer if my life depended on it.Oh yes contracters are in this up to their eyeballs.Pretend the claimant is far more capable then he really is, no doubt their flash c.v course would teach me how to lie as well, much like that guy from the maori t.v..
On this course i did, i was there a total of maybe 5 hours , and you know they gave me 4 different certificates, i don't even know what they are mean't to describe , let alone actually understanding the content that these certificates say that i do.
I suppose we can expect more of these updated assessor guidelines as the years tick by.This is because acc no doubt view these assessments as the best exit tool they have.Our friendly form designer in SHAMrock house, will be continually ""fixing"" the content of these guidelines as he works out new and fresh ways of allowing the assessors to say ""fit and ready for work"" roamy

#7 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:20 AM

Would it be possible to post copies of these bullshit certificates on this site?
An OCR scan saved to file will give a word document you can edit to remove personal info and is easy to post.
Perhaps we can then get that consumer affairs bloke that is on tv every morning to have a look at them and determine their worth in the real world.

#8 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:13 AM

The following is an excerpt from ACC's Vocational medical assessors guide in a section called, "REHABILITATION DEFINED/SOCIAL REHABILITATION.
I was under the impression that the IRP process could not commence untill these provisions had been fullfilled.
My comments in red

Incidently has anybody noticed that page 4 is blank.

Under the Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation, and Compensation Act 2001 (IPRC Act), the purpose of social rehabilitation is to assist the claimant in restoring their independence as far as practicable.

This relates to the claimant’s capacity to function in everyday life skills, including:

• Communication-------------not applicable

• Domestic activities (limited to cleaning, laundry, child care, meal preparation and associated shopping activities)---------------all removed by bullshit assessments.

• Educational participation ----------- denied several requests for assistance in computer course. Told not ACC responsibility have bought paid for and taught my-self.

• Financial management------------Definately, had to learn in the face of increasing costs and reducing income as ACC abated benifit to the degree I am now on invalids benifit

• Health care-----------denied podiatry, excersise opportunity. physio at pools as requested by doctors.• Hygiene care---------denied home help removed and replaced with a De Luxe Cobweb duster.

• Mobility-----------denied

• Motivation-------------- only to make themselves my sworn enemy

• Safety management--------------told to remove rugs off concrete floor

• Sexuality-------------what the hell are they going to do here send another claiment around that has had her IOA and been assessed as a hooker for a work trial?

• Cognitive tasks of daily living-----------Huh????

• Use of transport.---------- nil.zilch cannot get up bloody drive let alone endure public transport even if I could get on bus.

Social rehabilitation.--------------restricted to 40 square meters for 6 1/2 days a week.

outcomes take into account
the claimant’s pre-injury
levels and relate to restoring
the claimant’s ability to
function in one or more of
these areas of daily living.--------------only action in this area was to attempt to get a stooge to say the conditions that restrict me now were pre-existing, fortunately the dr. confirmed the opposite but that still did not stop them from acting as if they were.

???????I wonder how many others have experienced this type of blatant misuse of power under the pretence of REHABILITATION PREVENTION AND CARE????????

#9 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:14 PM

now Flowers heres an idea

• Sexuality-------------what the hell are they going to do here send another claiment around that has had her IOA and been assessed as a hooker for a work trial?

now hookers in some parts of the world have also cleaned the residence of there customers after there work. they get paid a little more and often asked back

it called customer relation and haven't fund a case manager or branch manager who knows what that means.

Notice that they only have to satify one of the things above. this is picking the Act to bits.

Doppelganger.

#10 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:37 PM

Yeah they are dumb ar'nt they.
They could have killed two birds with one stone.
Home Help and sexual rehab.
I sure need rehab in the latter.
The last time I got lucky she got on top
I was groaning
she said great your enjoying it
I said no get off your bloody hurting.

#11 User is offline   roamy 

• Pip

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:09 PM

Flowers no can do , i no have a scanner.I think they were stuff like one for ""office"" ""word'' ""basic computer"" that sort of thing.It really was crap, i remember when they gave me these ""certificates"" i thought , what the hell are these for, all we did was compose a letter and change the type , delete, shift, and that earns me 4 different certificates.No doubt acc put expectations on the contractor to make sure i ""pass"" , thus ensuring the contractor gets repeat work.A bit like the teacher telling you the answers to the exam, so his class stats look great.roamy

#12 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

the medical assessors guide has been removed but the Occupational Assrssors guide can be ontained from http://www.acc.co.nz/publications/index.htm?ssNextRow=1&ssBrowseTitle=Rehabilitation resources&ssBrowseCategory=&ssBrowseSubCategory=Rehabilitation resources://http://www.acc.co.nz/publications/i...ation resources

#13 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

Vocational Medical Assessors guideline can be downloaded from http://accfocus.org/knowledgebase/download...guidelines.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users