• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

What have they supplied?

#3 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:32 PM

other equipment i have received over time are a heat back massager , a LARGE PAD THAT MASSAGERS YOUR WHOLE BACK.

A tens machine , An electrical Impulse sent between to pads .
OF GREAT HELP.

Some sufferers have received , that I know of are ,
Cars, Computers , homes renovated and jim equipment .
In my ACC89 is
mattress overlay- softech-double
Seat cushion and seat back for a car.
Stcking aid Still not received.
Office chair spectrum3, high back, with arms

Please use this site just to list what you have received so others may benifit

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

Right wrist surgery.
The problem is it was not the reconstructive surgery consented to and imposed by the reviewer in 1992. The ACC had determined that because the surgeon did not guarantee a return to work I could only have the cheaper salvage procedure which the surgeon stuffed up and made me worse. While trying to find out what had gone wrong a medical mistake occurred where I received a stroke 1993.

I received 100% lump sum under the S79 section of the act but no lump sum under S78 as they had been no assessment which was interpreted as nil entitlement.

As the ACC claimed I was not entitled to vocational rehabilitation I used what I could save and my lump sum to investigate numerous business opportunities which the ACC interpreted as being working and prosecuted for fraud.

ACC provided me with a 3 year Prison sentence.
I had 24 hour per day seven-day per week home help which included cooking, housekeeping, gardening and a nurse to give me my medication as prescribed. Others wanted to give me a "massage" but no means no. The problem is they are in there for not understanding the meaning of the word no so I also received an additional dose of PTSD.

On the positive side social welfare provided an invalids benefit, writing disability aids, which included $15,000 worth of laptop and software suite including the latest version of voice software. As part of my rehabilitation programme ACC are kind enough to provide me with many opportunities to use the software producing Review Hearing applications and submissions. Due to the stroke I would speak with the slurred voice if I did not have the software so use it on a daily basis even on the site. When I get good enough maybe I will be able to do some real work.

No pain medication funding from 1990-2003. My credit card paid for my tramol because the ACC would not and they have not yet asked for their money back. ACC have agreed to pay for $700 per month gabapentin in the belief that Pharmac would pay because they hoped that I was suffering from neuropathic pain. A mistake and they were! They are now trying to get out of paying this high medical bill.

ACC awarded 7 hours per week home help.
ACC also made sure that none of the contracted providers provided the home helper. Result no home help.

ACC have funded Dane Tui's new improvements to his home and paid for his honeymoon courtesy of my review hearings and appeals, with change to spare.

ACC have agreed to fund PTSD treatment.
The problem is I cannot afford to go there so the taxpayer has funded taxis to and from the more expensive psychologists and psychiatrists together with pharmaceuticals by way of the hospital courtesy of the taxpayer.

ACC have provided me with endless mental gymnastics and taught me bureaucratic thuggery. I am wondering whether or not the ACC fertiliser should be placed in a backpack and given back to them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users