ACCforum: 20/20 Tv3 Acc - Insult Or Injury - The Investigation - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20/20 Tv3 Acc - Insult Or Injury - The Investigation Must view this. The Maxwell story.

#1 User is offline   Video 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

Please ensure you all watch this 20/20 current affairs programme.

It aired Sunday 8th June 2003 at 7.30 on TV3.

This programme will be of vital interest to everyone for accidents occur without warning and can affect anyone or a member of their family at any time. This is an opportunity to find out how the system works in New Zealand.

Video size 7.8mb
Running time approx 23 Minutes

Click Here to Download the Video and view it

Attached File  2020ACC.jpg (57K)
Number of downloads: 10

#2 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:06 PM

So pleased you posted this! It was one of the hardest stories to watch....
I wonder how this man is now?

#3 User is offline   Val Forster 

• Pip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

I am just gob smacked, totally sickened. It brings back so many horrible memories that I thought I was coping with.

Thanks for posting this, tho, as it can only heighten the awareness campaign, and highlight how easy it is for people to fall through the cracks into that huge black hell hole where there is no hope, only rejection and despair.

My regards to all the tireless workers on this forum, keep up the good work, even tho you may be far in distance, you are all never far in thought!

Regards
Val

#4 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

I can relate to this ,
this story may be old but what has changed

Gorman should go back to his decompression tanks in the navy shut the bloody door on it and turn the switch.
He is a two faced bastard , along with his off kick to Mcgreevy , You pack of trash

ACC Who the hell do you think you are employing unqualified getts and making a whole family suffer , to line your own pockets

You have not changed and again this story relates to many others from the past .
This story has renewed my fight to bring you bloody lot down ,

Your turn is coming mark my words ,

You smug lot of fat bellied bludging Bastards that don't want blood on their hands .

My God I thought you had learned something from past mistakes .
Again I am wrong

#5 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:58 PM

Is this the story of the guy who worked in a hospital and ended up as a paraplegic and ACC wont accept it?
He had to use a comode in his garage? Is this the same one?
Well, if it is, he is still as far as I know in the same situation and TV3 could not follow it up cos ACC threatened to sue them and they didnt carry the sequel.
ACC should be ashamed of themselves, Gorman and all.

#6 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

yes same person

#7 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

More More More
Lets show the world what animalis we have *Covering new zealanders for evry success story they spin we can show 10
I see they are still using old tactics deny, promise a yet more arsessments, provide bugger all, and threaten.
Oh well done! More please.
What about the bloke in Taupo?

#8 User is offline   Al9lifes 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Some storys are too hard to tell.

ACC ends lives.

#9 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

Well its now 7 years down the track for Richard..

I noteed Gormlesses "retraction" of his report and that ACC were being "mischevious and misusing" his report..

to quote a famous "tui" add... Yeah right.

So what is Richards status today? Has his claim been accepted?

#10 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

question but maybe we will never Know as they have already threatened tv three I believe. not sure where I heard that though so maybe we should ask if they will do follow up with him before contacting ACC so as to allow them no chance for Damage control to step in yet again.

#11 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

Rember the story well.

During the final stages of the story, the interviewer lady came on and said that Dr Gorman had contacted them and said that he may have been wrong with his accessment or something like that!

LOL Gorman ya wimp!

I could be wrong but I'm sure this guy ended up on the ACC ... may even have just been for the alterations to his home ... but could be wrong in thinking this so I stand to be corrected.

Cheers all.

#12 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

ACC threatened TV3 well well well that sounds very familiar with my stories on how they were cut back because of ACC interfering and making threats.

ACC grow up admit you fuck up, fix your fuck ups and let us get on with our lives without your constant harrassment, lies and intimidation that you administer more than legislation itself.

#13 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

The modus operandi of the ACC is to set the questions in such a way as to extract the answers they want. Professor Gorman and the ACC questions so as ACC could deny liability. Later in this interview Professor Gorman said to the effect that had the questions being configured differently he would have been able to state categorically that the incapacity was as a consequence of the injury while this fellow was working!

We see this modus operandi of the ACC and again and again. Just look at the Physiotherapy inquiry and ACC Fraud Unit review in the way in which they have tweaked the terms of reference so as to escape a bad report before the report is produced.

It is critical that the foundation information in accordance with the criteria found in the Act is established.

#14 User is offline   Chrissy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:11 PM

I recall watching this story when it was first aired...I assumed that ACC had come to the party! Perhaps I was wrong. I would be keen to know what happened to this man...ACC's dirty tactics, if Gorman is to be believed, is disgusting, though Gorman can carry guilt too as I believe that he has a duty to be clear in his reports and not leave it open to interpretation to be used any which way ACC wanted...he is just as guilty for letting this man down! The fact that he takes no responsibility for ACC's interpretation is indicative of the type of doctor and person he is. Gorman knows damn well how ACC uses his reports and writes them the way he does because he makes a lot of money for doing it!

ACC you make me sick!

#15 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

in the early 1990s ACC and the powers to be pulled the plug on the Dominion News paper over the Myolid Issue that i do know as the reporter contacted me over it .

Keeping in mind what ACC did to the plate issue H8ACC

#16 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

towards the end of this showing Gorman implied that he was never asked if the injury was caused by a work accident.

this is a standard practice of not asking the obvious questions.

#17 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

http://www.tv3.co.nz...px?showid=12852

Perhaps we should put all these reports in one thread............
I am sure that over the years there will be some interesting correlations here both with ACC responses and providers arsessors and case management....
The hidden corruption of a system that tells everyone they have a 95% success rate.

Absolute bullshit!

#18 User is offline   Advakit 

• Pip

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

View PostVideo, on Jun 8 2007, 10:10 PM, said:

Please ensure you all watch this 20/20 current affairs programme.

It aired Sunday 8th June 2003 at 7.30 on TV3.

This programme will be of vital interest to everyone for accidents occur without warning and can affect anyone or a member of their family at any time. This is an opportunity to find out how the system works in New Zealand.
Video size 7.8mb
Running time approx 23 Minutes

Click Here to Download the Video and view it

Attachment attachment

I cannot seem to open the video, Advakit

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users