• You cannot reply to this topic

Inquiry Into Acc Fraud Unit Serious misconduct of the ACC Fraud Unit

#61 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

Medwyn

I was encouraging the readers of this forum to make a comparison over the last 10 years from the 1992 act until the present.

In order to determine whether or not the ACC Fraud Unit is competent in what it does or has another agenda it is often beneficial to take a 10 year overview. The following is from the INFORME program the acc front-line staff are told to rely upon. This of course was under the 1992 act but fraud of course remains essentially the same as it comes under the Crimes Act.

Obviously there will be changes that it is the changes that we should be interested in so as to determine whether or not the changes are appropriate / successful etc given the apparent historical sameness.

#62 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

Change is one thing there certainly needs to be and by crikey we will do our best to ensure that happens. Remember those of you with experiences of the fraud unit please contact us in confidence.

[email protected]

If you want to make positive change get involved..........

#63 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

What I think that you posting gives is that some of the wrong instructions came from upper management

If ACC have made a wrong decision then they just change it with out informing the claimant and go to review on that new decision.

this is part of the fraud investigations and is still being used today.

#64 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

It is important that we get behind acclaim otago for submissions for COGS re this fraud crap. If you have been or know of anyone that has been or is currently being investigated please contact [email protected] in confidence with any information that may assist to put this fraud unit back a few pegs.

I certainly will be adding my bit and the more bits we get together the bigger the story that can be presented and show that it is not a one of case like they tried to whitewash my case as being.

Seeing the submission from acclaimotago re the physio enquiry reaffirms the great work that is being done in hope to make changes to the way ACC operate. We may not get many chances so now is the time to put your 2 cents worth in.

#65 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

well Just to show that the investigations are not for investigating fraud have a wee look.

what happened is that ACC received a letter from me not addressed to either of the people writing the letters. they held on to the letter until they received the earnings details to show the amount that was being earned.

These Two were not happy with the earning details and then said that I was committing fraud and implied that to the investigation.

this cost the levy payers $1023.00 to confirm what I put in the letter was correct even though it took several more months before they got the information.

P.S the IRD had the information that ACC were looking for

This is an example of the case management team using the private investigator to insert information into the file as incorrect.

There was no evidence of fraud or misinforming the corporation from me.

what is real interesting that on the 24 July 2006 the corporation made a statement that they now consider as decision with out review right as what are my injuries that are causing the incapacity due to the accident 9 April 1981.

Attached File(s)

#66 Guest_mini_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

Dopple

Is Don Millis not with the IA Dunedin team now???

Strange way to start an investigation!!

Cheers Mini

#67 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

Didn't know that Don Millis was with the IA unit but I do know that he left the claims section about the same time as warrick Mcathur became service manager.

I also not in the IA review that Chris Reyonlds is Centre Manager, David Barnes is the Quality Assurance Manager and they have stamped a review submission saying that it is alright to disregard the covered injury which is causing the incapacity.

this is just unbeleiveable. Consider it fraud

#68 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

Has anybody got the latest set of questions for a case manager to transfer claim to the ACC Fraud Unit?

10 years ago a case manager only had to tick 5 boxes to start the fraud investigation process off. We should all check for ourselves to see if we are in danger of being investigated.

Attached File(s)

#69 Guest_mini_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

Dopple

That list that Alan has posted twice, well, I could go through it and get more than five ticks I am sure.

And that is me critiqueing myself!!

It doesn't make me a fraudulent claimant...............far from it in fact!!

I think they would have to have very strong anonymous or 'other' information before money would be wasted on moving a file to a different locale other than usual office.

Each must understand that ACC c/m would not be doing their job if they didn't go through the Audit checksheet. They would need it for Internal Auditing purposes.

By the by, that IA unit has just dealt me a bender...but on and upwards I say. Hit them with a five hundred dollar pharmacutical bill, while I await the Review papers.

Life is just a ball of happy fuzzies.

Oh and just a little gripe, I find that the only time I never know what papers the assessor has, is when it comes from the IA office in Dunedin.

Must off and write for them.
Cheers Mini

#70 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

View Postmini, on Jun 10 2007, 10:46 AM, said:

Dopple

That list that Alan has posted twice, well, I could go through it and get more than five ticks I am sure.

And that is me critiqueing myself!!

It doesn't make me a fraudulent claimant...............far from it in fact!!

I think they would have to have very strong anonymous or 'other' information before money would be wasted on moving a file to a different locale other than usual office.

Each must understand that ACC c/m would not be doing their job if they didn't go through the Audit checksheet. They would need it for Internal Auditing purposes.

By the by, that IA unit has just dealt me a bender...but on and upwards I say. Hit them with a five hundred dollar pharmacutical bill, while I await the Review papers.

Life is just a ball of happy fuzzies.

Oh and just a little gripe, I find that the only time I never know what papers the assessor has, is when it comes from the IA office in Dunedin.

Must off and write for them.
Cheers Mini

Did you note the last little rider on the doco???

OR IF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION IS RECEIVED.

Thats all it takes, someone disgruntled that you get somenothing you are not seen to go out and work for....don't have too much fun now while you are injured.

Gloria.

#71 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

The whole point of the 5 easy questions or the anonymous tipoff (someone else in the ACC office will do) on the above form is to enable the ACC to create a "secret file" called a "fraud file" which they can keep information out of your reach with the protection of S27 of the Privacy Act. The Privacy Commissioner has endorsed this ACC stratagem.

Anonymous tips usually come from someone wanting to steal from you such as a business partner, ex-wife or somebody who does not like you. Private investigators plot and conspire with such people nurturing dastardly deeds.

An anonymous tip can also come from a private investigator who wants to drum up business for themselves.

#72 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Bump
?? Any update ??
:wacko: :wacko:

#73 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Things are happening behind the scenes ;)

#74 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Maybe it's time more action happened behind the scenes and for some staff and agents who escaped the noose the first time around were captured, prosecuted and sent to jail for their crimes.

This inquiry should have gone back to the beginning of when
http://www.acc.co.nz Fraud/ Investigation Unit was set up.

Some of you will have received your ACC file IT Sweeps where you now have factual information of where
http://www.acc.co.nz own In-house Legal team and that of it's Investigation Unit have knowingly & intentionally set out to deceive thrid parties including Crown Lawyers.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users