• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tv3 News At 6pm Tonight Fraud Stuff on Tonight

#1 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

Watch TV3 news at 6pm its going to be on.

Here is the link to the media release on tv3

http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/HealthScienceNew...efault.aspx#top

Here is the contract that was discussed on the article. I have placed it at the top here again so people can find it easily.

Attached File  ACC_MIC_Contract.pdf (1.49MB)
Number of downloads: 46

I love the bit where TV3 say

"ACC said it wasnt aware of any such targets so we sent ACC our copy of its own contract"

Im sure i can see a smirk on Michael Morrah's face when he states that lol.

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

I have just had a phone call from "the source" that the ACC has been exerting considerable pressure TV3 from hearing the story over the last several days. There has been some editing as a result. So more shall be released as time goes by.

#3 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

Oh yes ACC have tried like hell to stop this.

My god the shorts of me on telly look a bit worrying lol.

The link will hopefully be on tv3 website once its up ill find the link and post it on the forum.

Gawd im shaking lol.

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

TV3 were involved with members of this site in a sting operation that caught the ACC out lying.

Essentially ACC have formed contracts with private investigators for the purposes of existing claimants rather than discovering information not already revealed by way of medical providers and so forth. The private investigators were financially motivated to produce criminal prosecutions as their mission.

By extension of this revelation it is reasonable to state the obvious, a contract of this type is illegal in New Zealand it has rendered the ACC employee making such contracts criminals themselves regardless as to whether or not private investigators discovered crime.

The ACC spokesperson indicated that this was virtually a one-off situation when in fact the ACC fraud manual going back one half decades is much the same as the current generic private investigator's contract. Over the coming weeks the plot will thicken.

As my civil case is under adjournment part heard because the ACC have not returned hundreds of warrant seized items from 1998 until the present I did not participate in the TV3 news broadcast but my case does demonstrate an absolute paper trial to each individual criminal employed by the ACC involved in perverting the course of justice. However the ACC deal with this current situation will have a direct impact upon terms of incarceration regarding this paper trial.

#5 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

Brilliant absolutely brilliant, obviously was heavily edited at this stage. Get feed back on this to TV3 and lets hope we see some more people come out of the woodwork.

The contract that was discussed on tv feel free to download this document.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Al9lifes 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

So "you're covered" but it's ACC's irresponsibility to provide entitlements.
So "you're not really covered" .
And you can not sue.

And a prosecution is a successful outcome for the KPI.
Lay them charges !!

#7 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

great news Huggy!
80% success rate eh! Creates liars and cheats working hard for their payment!
No wonder you have been shafted so often, quick buck for Jamie!
Well, hope he goes down gurgling!
We''ll see what Mr Edwards and his ilk have to say about this , "ONE
OFF" situation!
Great! Hope you now get all your stuff back and everyone else affected by these sods.

#8 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hmmmmmm the CEO will personally look into my case huh....

Well CEO you have been in the loop of this investigation well and truly before the search warrant was done.

Why havent you dealt with it months ago.

#9 User is offline   happy1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

ACClooking like right tossers again.Theres not a wek goes by now when A.C.C `s in the news for all the wrong reasons

#10 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

Great stuff Huggy

ACC says it plans to rewrite its contracts for private investigators, following inquiries by 3 News.

Would I be correct in now thinking that the quoted 95% successful legal actions taken against acc claimants for fraud are now all suspect because of ACC's flawed contract?

Just askin, cheers.

+ re the happy1's previous posting = "ACClooking like right tossers again.Theres not a wek goes by now when A.C.C `s in the news for all the wrong reasons"

And don't ya all just love that? :D

#11 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

A very good precis of some of the major systemic issues going on within the walls of ACC. Was it my imagination or did the reporter have his tongue in his cheek when he states that TV3 showed ACC a copy of their own contract after their denial of targets???

Excellent work Michael Mora and TV3. This is what news is really about.... showing the public just what is happening 'behind the scenes'

Well done Hazel and Bruce :) you do us proud as it isn't easy to 'reveal all' on national TV.

#12 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

Anybody who wishes to make direct comment to Peter Gibbons the Director of Mainland Information Consultants (PI) whos contract was displayed on the news with his lovely targets that he must have met for at least the last 3 years as that is how long that contract has been in existance can do so at the below contact details.

Mainland Information Consultants
Licensed Private Investigators
Ph. 027 221 3586
Email [email protected]

Feel free to send your comments through to him or even call him. Feel free to post your email that you have sent up on the forum and if you get comment put that up as well.

PS. Last year he had 50 claimants referred to him by ACC and he earned $172 grand from ACC for that last 12 month period. PI's are charging about $120 an hour so not bad money for dodgy work.

3 year contract multiplied by 50 claimants per year = 150 claimants 80% target rate that has to be met hmmmmmmmmm my calculations mean 120 of those 150 referrals have had a positive outcome of some sort. This is only one investigation firm. No wonder the sickness and invalids benefit numbers are on the rise drastically.

#13 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

Just been wondering how ACC will rewrite these contracts........... given that it isn't "policy" to have targets. I seem to recall many such targets.... remember the "stock targets" of old?

#14 User is offline   bughunter 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

change the rules as they have always done..........

#15 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

A paper trail has been going on for months. You hear that some don't want to curate waves and think that ACC might want to make it more difficult. Mr Gibbins or Gibbo or Fat Boy love it when you don't do anything. this makes there job easier. lots of false information and then there is the rumors that they love to spread.

the first thing that was done was a request for all investigation files. this was for an update and see if they had left something out of the previous release. Second was the privacy correction requests. In this way ACc and the investigators could not work off the files that contained false information. The ACC and PI then had a problem but lied, mislead and deceived there employer. Writing the contract is not going to fix the problem that they have caused. ACC management will need to be working to correct the mistake that someone in high management has made either still in employment or has left hoping that he can not be touched.

the point of this posting is that being active in the management of your file can make ACC toe the line.

#16 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

Well the news article has drawn me out of the woodwork, it was all too much for me.I spouted off at the mouth on the tv3 website, enough is enough, I have come to join the fight and to do whatever I can to effect change. ACC has thrown me on the scrapheap, and has caused a huge upheavel in my life, but I am going to fight the bastards with every fibre of my being.When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

#17 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:17 PM

Angryman welcome back into the arena.

What hazell and me both done was not to just satisfy our needs but in the hope this will open up the door and help anyone else that these tossers have acted on illegally.

They prob thought i would slide away quietly. Well if they think the article was trouble..............well they havent seen anything yet..............the evidence of their actions will be the next thing.

Dont you just love it when you have paperwork of lies and how ACC staff try and mislead the higher up people to dampen the problem down.

#18 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

They have more powers than the NZ Police. For why?
MONEY!!!
Shame on you ACC.
Who asked for this fraud to be investigated, they should be looked into as well as the PI's!
Great investigating work Huggy!

#19 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

Cheers huggy,
the buggers will probably sue me after what I wrote on the tv3 website, but I just don't care anymore.And I don't have any money left either. people need to know the truth, they stitched me up, bullied threatened, and treated me like a bloody criminal. Now I sit at home a virtual cripple, with no income, and my partner has had to come out of retirement and move from our home in Ashburton to live and work in Auckland.
I am an angry man, and I want everyone to know.

#20 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:53 AM

http://big-news.blog...es-private.html

Comments from an old friend !

Proof: ACC financially motivates private investigators to seek convictions of claimants

ACC have been forming contracts with private investigators to cut people off ACC rather than investigating relevant information about claimant activities, including possible fraud.

The private investigators are financially motivated to produce criminal prosecutions as their mission. In fact this particular contract specifically says that 80 per cent of referrals made to investigate ACC claimants are to result in either a prosecution, cessation or suspension of entitlement, civil action, or some sort of positive action. Of these, ACC also expects 95 percent of prosecutions to be successful.

What if there is no proof that 30 percent of those investigated have done anything illegal? Well, you prosecute some of them so you can keep your contract - and the ACC case manager gets another brownie point for his KPI.

This is not uncovering fraud, this is maintaining targeted contractual obligations irrespective of whether fraudulent behavior occurs. As it is ACC, anyone who is taken to court purely so a PI can meet a contract target cannot sue. These contracts are therefore illegal, so why is a Government department permitted to run with illegal contracts? Labels: ACC

posted by Dave at 7:41 PM 0 comments

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users