ACCforum: Ptsd - ACCforum

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ptsd Competency of treatment providers

#21 Guest_mini_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

SpeaK my language Al9lives if you are speaking to me.

A little Think I am, unlike others, I don't know everything!!

Mind you, what I know, I know well.

Mind you if you are trying to get a distorted message to others, you could leave it as it is. Who really gives a shit at the end of the day??

Mini

#22 User is offline   Al9lifes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

I think I have proved myself correct

I agree with you Mini.

You sure have.

Who really gives a shit at the end of the day??

you are trying to get a distorted message to others

An amusing but useless little exchange of opinion in my opinion.

Put a HUGE smile on my dial though. Thanks for that Mini.

#23 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

View Postmini, on Aug 5 2007, 11:19 AM, said:

Neddy

I too, receive help from a pyscholgist through ACC and having her there when my Mum died recently helped me no end. And I too am grateful to ACC for this.

I beleive we get what we want out of life, but we have to do our part and listen to what we are being told and beleiving it and following advice if we so chose.

This positive attitude you obviously have and I try to have, enables me to exist without being topped up with drugs everyday and seeing the bright side of life most of the time.

I am saying here and I think I have proved myself correct, that someone who knows better than everyone else about everything, obviously has a very serious problem and thinks they are superior to everyone esle.

They try to turn this site into a 'bash ACC' site instead of using it for the support we need to coup with our everyday trials and tribulations including, information and documentation to receive our entitlements from ACC.

I entend to use the forum for those uses, helping others obtain their entitlements and also accepting their help towards me, gratefully.

There are some here that I, and probably a lot of others, will never be able to help.

Mini

Hi Mini,

It get's hard trying to be positive with all the negativity around, plus the fact that Abuse causes massive mistrust of anyone and everything.

I did not want to post my last post, I was scared of revealing so much about me in a public forum, but I had to put it on record that I am alive thanks to the so-called "imcompetent 12 weektrained counsellors" and the dreaded ACC Sensitive Claims.

I may have ruffled some peoples feelings and I will freely admit their right to be upset, angry and dissolusioned about their treatment, but I needed to say that it's not all bad news.

I too get excited when someone's entiltlements or treatment/rehab is re-instated, or that ACC will have another look at the problem and that is posted for us to share, not because it's a victory over ACC and it's suppliers, but someone has had some really good news in their life and wants to share it.

Am I being too simple? I don't know, but I have this longing that things will change in time and ny guide for that is from evidence posted on the board that ACC and from the top dog down are reading and listening.

I also think that ACC and claimants can only get together when there is mutual acceptance that there is a problem to solve, not a battle to be fought to the death of one party

If you want to hve a good laugh, and a good cry and wonder at a man's positivity over adversity, hire, beg steal or borrow the Oscar winning best movie in :Life is Beautiful" I reccomend it to all on the board.

Mini,

Hope you like roses.......

[attachment=4680:attachment]

#24 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

Mini, Mrs Pikes murderer, Johnny, was not a person who sets out to do ghastly things to our people and babies. You do Johnny a great disservice and I and therefore compelled to speak out on this mentally disabled person's behalf. Whether Johnny was an ordinary person or a mentally disabled person it is quite irrelevant to his entitlement to ACC funded medication. Mrs Pikes colleagues refusing to reimburse him for the medication that he had already paid for, so he could purchase more medication caused him to go through a withdrawal that took them over the edge that resulted in Mrs Pikes murder. It goes without saying that Mrs Pikes colleagues are directly responsible for the lack of medication funding and are directly culpable for her murder.

People who are deprived of the legitimate entitlement to medication deserve our sympathy no matter what. Just because Johnny was mentally defective that does not entitle you to criticise what you perceive as uncouth behaviour. Johnnie was simply fighting for his life the only way he knew how. This is what happens when you push a mentally defective person into a corner. Could we imagine that Johnny could have gained access to a legal remedy through part five of the ACC act? The ACC Johnny a duty of care because Johnny was not mentally capable of controlling has response. The head of the mental health services has severely criticised both the ACC and others for their failures to care for Johnny.

Johnny was not going to be subservient to ACC abusing him by withholding his medication funding. Who could blame him for his outrage. Notwithstanding that of course we want to do everything in our power to prevent the set of circumstances ever reoccurring. To be proactive we need to look at the core issues and create solutions. This site effectively persists many "Johnnies" of this world.

Anybody who seeks to defend Mrs Pikes colleagues who in my opinion are directly responsible for his death the sick puppies that this site is seeking to address. These people are continuing in the exact same socially unacceptable behaviour. Injured people, whether they are physically or psychologically injured, had a legitimate expectation of ACC care rather than the extraordinary hostile response meted out to by Mrs Pike.

The ACC trespass me just after the murder because I repeatedly warned the Henderson branch of the danger they pose to those they serve and themselves. The purpose of this site is to identify problems and deal with them.

This thread addresses the inadequacies of PTSD treatment by way of the ACC manipulation of that treatment both by quality of treatment provider and funding. I am aware that there are isolated pockets of very good therapists that work well beyond the training and experience. I am however addressing the vast majority of failure.

#25 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on Aug 5 2007, 06:12 PM, said:

Mini, Mrs Pikes murderer, Johnny, was not a person who sets out to do ghastly things to our people and babies. You do Johnny a great disservice and I and therefore compelled to speak out on this mentally disabled person's behalf. Whether Johnny was an ordinary person or a mentally disabled person it is quite irrelevant to his entitlement to ACC funded medication. Mrs Pikes colleagues refusing to reimburse him for the medication that he had already paid for, so he could purchase more medication caused him to go through a withdrawal that took them over the edge that resulted in Mrs Pikes murder. It goes without saying that Mrs Pikes colleagues are directly responsible for the lack of medication funding and are directly culpable for her murder.

People who are deprived of the legitimate entitlement to medication deserve our sympathy no matter what. Just because Johnny was mentally defective that does not entitle you to criticise what you perceive as uncouth behaviour. Johnnie was simply fighting for his life the only way he knew how. This is what happens when you push a mentally defective person into a corner. Could we imagine that Johnny could have gained access to a legal remedy through part five of the ACC act? The ACC Johnny a duty of care because Johnny was not mentally capable of controlling has response. The head of the mental health services has severely criticised both the ACC and others for their failures to care for Johnny.

Johnny was not going to be subservient to ACC abusing him by withholding his medication funding. Who could blame him for his outrage. Notwithstanding that of course we want to do everything in our power to prevent the set of circumstances ever reoccurring. To be proactive we need to look at the core issues and create solutions. This site effectively persists many "Johnnies" of this world.

Anybody who seeks to defend Mrs Pikes colleagues who in my opinion are directly responsible for his death the sick puppies that this site is seeking to address. These people are continuing in the exact same socially unacceptable behaviour. Injured people, whether they are physically or psychologically injured, had a legitimate expectation of ACC care rather than the extraordinary hostile response meted out to by Mrs Pike.

The ACC trespass me just after the murder because I repeatedly warned the Henderson branch of the danger they pose to those they serve and themselves. The purpose of this site is to identify problems and deal with them.

This thread addresses the inadequacies of PTSD treatment by way of the ACC manipulation of that treatment both by quality of treatment provider and funding. I am aware that there are isolated pockets of very good therapists that work well beyond the training and experience. I am however addressing the vast majority of failure.

Seeing that you have changed the topic to Mrs Pike etc. I have several questions to ask which may negate your question of Mini.

Who was supplying the sript for medication? I take it was a psychiatrist who never spotted the warning signs not ACC.

The psych should have sectioned him or called for another opinion if he was unsure, but like always, the Psych Services in this country are manned by imported Locums on grossly inflated salaries (recently increased by up to $45,000 pa.)who come for a year then piss off home before they can be hauled before the Medical Tribunal for gross incompetence. They miss diagnose or they are unsure of medication that is prescribed in this country but not in theirs so they change the meds to suit what they know rather than research what the client's on.This is not a wild claim as there are several cases before the Human Rights Commission where this is so, (go search the site) they cannot prosecute when there is nobody to prosecute.

Alan please put the blame where it belongs, the organisation charged with keeping an eye on Johnny. I call to your mind the Mark Burton case where a fly by night Locum named Peter Fisher a GP passing himself off as a psych locum and there are many GP's who do that for the extra money, discharged Burton who went on to kill his mother 12 hrs so so later, this Fisher by the way was complicit in two people committing suicide on his watch and is currently before the courts in England for Manslaughter and gross deception of the Medical Council in England not to mention New Zealand.

#26 Guest_mini_*

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for the rose Neddy. Starts the day off fine. Neddy you are not being 'simple' you are simply trying very hard to survive the best way you know how, without hurting anyone. And that is fine.

Al9lifes, glad I could give you a smile. You have so many reams of problems, you really do need it.

Actually you two Alans could be one and the same person for all I know, except you are not fixated with Mrs Pike.

Oh boo hoo!! I do murderer Johnny a disservice. Poor little girls blouse!!

Not that I am in to capital punishment, as one crime doesn't solve the other, however, he took a life and if he is so off his tree that he could justify that action, he should not be let loose ever again.

I know, it is Mr Thomas wierd way of trying to intimidate ACC. Like Mr Thomas has a Mental injury and if they don't give him what he wants he will flip the lid and go harm someone. And this is the 'person' we were thinking of meeting in Rotorua. God forbid!!!

Mr Thomas refers to the Head of the Mental Health in NZ, wonder if he is speaking of David Chaplow?? Interesting!!

As I would much rather put my energy into GETTING MY ENTITLEMENTS.

Gotta go!!

That makes me smile!! Big time.

Mini

#27 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:00 AM

Neddy you have asked a number of questions. I trust the following will be helpful.

The topic is the competency of treatment providers. Johnny is part of this issue as the competency of treatment providers is acknowledged by the medical industry as the primary cause in the death of Mrs Pike. In other words the combination of mental health services and inadequate ACC staff training created a rod for their own back.

Who was supplying the sript for medication?
Mental health services originally prescribed the medication while Johnny was institutionalised. As part of a politically correct exercise (the good of the many outweigh the good of the few) mental health services for the mentally disturbed people into the community inadequately supervised and substantially unsupported.

All parties were well aware of the risk as there has been more than 100 murders committed by these people released into the community since the PC changes were implemented.

The psych should have sectioned him
He was previously sectioned (equivalent) but released into the community without sound medical basis.

The ACC were aware of his instability and the increased level of instability without his medication yet used him as a plaything. I think it might have been his sixth visit trying to get reimbursement from ACC for his medication so he could maintain his medication when he popped because of getting a continuous stream of excuses and being exposed to irrational evasive tactics, something which I am sure most of us have experienced. The difference with Johnny is that he was mentally disabled and could not cope with this kind of servant abuse. (ACC staff are there to serve)

They miss diagnose ...
Johnny was not misdiagnosed. All parties that were to serve Johnny, mental health services and ACC, knew exactly what they were doing and reaped the outcome of the percentage based risk they took. This is what I mean by incompetent treatment providers, including the ACC incompetence. The ACC knowingly underfunded Johnnies needs and decisions were being being made by those who were not qualified to make them a matter how well-intentioned those unqualified persons were.

Alan please put the blame where it belongs, the organisation charged with keeping an eye on Johnny.
Mental health services and the ACC were the organisations charged with keeping an eye on Johnny. Unfortunately a number of staff in the Unison branch of the ACC abuse to Johnny. Mrs Pike was not the only abuser of Johnny as she only went out to chase him away as an act of bravado in front of her colleagues.

Mini as I warned the Henderson branch manager of ACC, who was ultimately entrusted with the care of Johnny as well as Mrs Pike and the conduct of the other responsible staff, was likely to result in harm during the preceding year and up until the 8 weeks prior to the murder naturally I am traumatised by the murder but I find that the trauma has increased tenfold by the ACC denial of the culpability and trespass of me for simply being the messenger in the form of a letter. The ACC endorsed treatment provider also treated the ACC staff for their trauma witnessing the event and having ongoing feelings of being unsafe. He was commissioned by senior ACC staff to tell the staff and to convince the staff that they were so. I asked him if he told the ACC the truth and he said "no I was paid to lie". ACC is staffare not safe because their culture and practices has not changed.

As Johnny is mentally disabled your expression about him is rather unfortunate and somewhat symptomatic of the cultural problem that we see prevalent within mental health services and the ACC "Poor little girls blouse!!" Johnny has always needed treatment and supervision he is significantly mentally disabled. The prisons are filled with "Johnnies" and is only a matter of time before they are released back into the community to offend again and repeat the cycle over and over because of your type of attitude. It is possible that Johnny might need to be institutionalised for his whole life if treatment is unsuccessful or if the state has no intention of managing his treatment, as was demonstrated by Mrs Pike and her colleagues. Please recognize the problem and be an instrument of change with those of us on the site at think about solutions rather than fuzzy talk.

Like Mr Thomas has a Mental injury
Stress disorders such as PTSD are not mental injuries but part of the normal way the brain functions. In other words it is part of the brain's design. The solution is creating a safe environment and being able to recognize that the suffering person has now reached a place of safety with safety will be maintained. Your irrational leap "...if they don't give him what he wants he will flip the lid and go harm someone." is very offensive but consistent with your antisocial conduct on this site. It demonstrates the inappropriateness of persons of your ilk from having any form of position of responsibility regarding invalid representation.

David Chaplow
David Chaplow is the principal person I have relied upon in the formation of my opinions. He has criticised with clarity the circumstances that led up to the death of Mrs Pike and the ongoing exposure of further death and mayhem as result of various responsible persons failing to do their jobs. His references to relevant information and responses were very direct. My discussions with him in relation to my involvement with the ACC and how treatment attempted to be managed has been very insightful.

"As I would much rather put my energy into GETTING MY ENTITLEMENTS." most on this site focused their attention on giving freely and preceding freely rather than the total self-interest that you have expressed. I respectfully suggest that you focus your energies on joining with us an determining what the problem is actually and working towards emulating solutions.

#28 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on Aug 6 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

Neddy you have asked a number of questions. I trust the following will be helpful.

The topic is the competency of treatment providers. Johnny is part of this issue as the competency of treatment providers is acknowledged by the medical industry as the primary cause in the death of Mrs Pike. In other words the combination of mental health services and inadequate ACC staff training created a rod for their own back.

Who was supplying the sript for medication?
Mental health services originally prescribed the medication while Johnny was institutionalised. As part of a politically correct exercise (the good of the many outweigh the good of the few) mental health services for the mentally disturbed people into the community inadequately supervised and substantially unsupported.

All parties were well aware of the risk as there has been more than 100 murders committed by these people released into the community since the PC changes were implemented.

The psych should have sectioned him
He was previously sectioned (equivalent) but released into the community without sound medical basis.

The ACC were aware of his instability and the increased level of instability without his medication yet used him as a plaything. I think it might have been his sixth visit trying to get reimbursement from ACC for his medication so he could maintain his medication when he popped because of getting a continuous stream of excuses and being exposed to irrational evasive tactics, something which I am sure most of us have experienced. The difference with Johnny is that he was mentally disabled and could not cope with this kind of servant abuse. (ACC staff are there to serve)

They miss diagnose ...
Johnny was not misdiagnosed. All parties that were to serve Johnny, mental health services and ACC, knew exactly what they were doing and reaped the outcome of the percentage based risk they took. This is what I mean by incompetent treatment providers, including the ACC incompetence. The ACC knowingly underfunded Johnnies needs and decisions were being being made by those who were not qualified to make them a matter how well-intentioned those unqualified persons were.

Alan please put the blame where it belongs, the organisation charged with keeping an eye on Johnny.
Mental health services and the ACC were the organisations charged with keeping an eye on Johnny. Unfortunately a number of staff in the Unison branch of the ACC abuse to Johnny. Mrs Pike was not the only abuser of Johnny as she only went out to chase him away as an act of bravado in front of her colleagues.

Mini as I warned the Henderson branch manager of ACC, who was ultimately entrusted with the care of Johnny as well as Mrs Pike and the conduct of the other responsible staff, was likely to result in harm during the preceding year and up until the 8 weeks prior to the murder naturally I am traumatised by the murder but I find that the trauma has increased tenfold by the ACC denial of the culpability and trespass of me for simply being the messenger in the form of a letter. The ACC endorsed treatment provider also treated the ACC staff for their trauma witnessing the event and having ongoing feelings of being unsafe. He was commissioned by senior ACC staff to tell the staff and to convince the staff that they were so. I asked him if he told the ACC the truth and he said "no I was paid to lie". ACC is staffare not safe because their culture and practices has not changed.

As Johnny is mentally disabled your expression about him is rather unfortunate and somewhat symptomatic of the cultural problem that we see prevalent within mental health services and the ACC "Poor little girls blouse!!" Johnny has always needed treatment and supervision he is significantly mentally disabled. The prisons are filled with "Johnnies" and is only a matter of time before they are released back into the community to offend again and repeat the cycle over and over because of your type of attitude. It is possible that Johnny might need to be institutionalised for his whole life if treatment is unsuccessful or if the state has no intention of managing his treatment, as was demonstrated by Mrs Pike and her colleagues. Please recognize the problem and be an instrument of change with those of us on the site at think about solutions rather than fuzzy talk.

Like Mr Thomas has a Mental injury
Stress disorders such as PTSD are not mental injuries but part of the normal way the brain functions. In other words it is part of the brain's design. The solution is creating a safe environment and being able to recognize that the suffering person has now reached a place of safety with safety will be maintained. Your irrational leap "...if they don't give him what he wants he will flip the lid and go harm someone." is very offensive but consistent with your antisocial conduct on this site. It demonstrates the inappropriateness of persons of your ilk from having any form of position of responsibility regarding invalid representation.

David Chaplow
David Chaplow is the principal person I have relied upon in the formation of my opinions. He has criticised with clarity the circumstances that led up to the death of Mrs Pike and the ongoing exposure of further death and mayhem as result of various responsible persons failing to do their jobs. His references to relevant information and responses were very direct. My discussions with him in relation to my involvement with the ACC and how treatment attempted to be managed has been very insightful.

"As I would much rather put my energy into GETTING MY ENTITLEMENTS." most on this site focused their attention on giving freely and preceding freely rather than the total self-interest that you have expressed. I respectfully suggest that you focus your energies on joining with us an determining what the problem is actually and working towards emulating solutions.

Alan,
My positive thought for you today is attached.

[attachment=4687:attachment]

#29 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

View Postmini, on Aug 6 2007, 09:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the rose Neddy. Starts the day off fine. Neddy you are not being 'simple' you are simply trying very hard to survive the best way you know how, without hurting anyone. And that is fine.

Al9lifes, glad I could give you a smile. You have so many reams of problems, you really do need it.

Actually you two Alans could be one and the same person for all I know, except you are not fixated with Mrs Pike.

Oh boo hoo!! I do murderer Johnny a disservice. Poor little girls blouse!!

Not that I am in to capital punishment, as one crime doesn't solve the other, however, he took a life and if he is so off his tree that he could justify that action, he should not be let loose ever again.

I know, it is Mr Thomas wierd way of trying to intimidate ACC. Like Mr Thomas has a Mental injury and if they don't give him what he wants he will flip the lid and go harm someone. And this is the 'person' we were thinking of meeting in Rotorua. God forbid!!!

Mr Thomas refers to the Head of the Mental Health in NZ, wonder if he is speaking of David Chaplow?? Interesting!!

As I would much rather put my energy into GETTING MY ENTITLEMENTS.

Gotta go!!

That makes me smile!! Big time.

Mini

Mini,

The beauty of a Rose is greatly enhanced when you realise that it's beauty and fragrance comes despite the thorny bits that are attached.

I have decided to treat Mr Thomas to a greeting and leave it at that as debating/discussing with him is an impossible task and strangely enough, I'm sad about that.

I grant that he has the right of free speech, but with every right a man has, comes the responsibility to use that right wisely and to the benefit of all.

Hey, it's a beautiful sky outside and I,m off to enjoy a romp with the dogs, yeah the best things in life are free and simple pleasures.

Go well Mini and thanks again,

Neddy

#30 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

Neddy and very thankful that professionals such as surgeons, psychiatrists lawyers and other such people that invalids rely upon did not adopt the wacko philosophies of Eileen Caddy. "Nothing really matters". Unfortunately I think people who are employed by ACC may have adopted this type of nonsensical philosophy whereby they get absolutely nothing done and wrecked peoples lives in doing so. Such people should be shot as they had no part in a caring loving society. I would not let people like that walk a mile in my shoes because they probably would not give them back.

You state: "I grant that he has the right of free speech, but with every right a man has, comes the responsibility to use that right wisely and to the benefit of all." I suppose you think you are the one that decides what is wise. Well I wish I was well enough to romp with dogs and other such simple pleasures, you callous nasty piece of work.

"Nothing really matters". Evil prevails when good men do nothing. I guess that makes people like Eileen Caddy and yourself evil! Think about it. Learn and grow along with those of us who wish to make the lives of our fellows better by positive interaction rather than smoking dope.

#31 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on Aug 6 2007, 02:10 PM, said:

Neddy and very thankful that professionals such as surgeons, psychiatrists lawyers and other such people that invalids rely upon did not adopt the wacko philosophies of Eileen Caddy. "Nothing really matters". Unfortunately I think people who are employed by ACC may have adopted this type of nonsensical philosophy whereby they get absolutely nothing done and wrecked peoples lives in doing so. Such people should be shot as they had no part in a caring loving society. I would not let people like that walk a mile in my shoes because they probably would not give them back.

You state: "I grant that he has the right of free speech, but with every right a man has, comes the responsibility to use that right wisely and to the benefit of all." I suppose you think you are the one that decides what is wise. Well I wish I was well enough to romp with dogs and other such simple pleasures, you callous nasty piece of work.

"Nothing really matters". Evil prevails when good men do nothing. I guess that makes people like Eileen Caddy and yourself evil! Think about it. Learn and grow along with those of us who wish to make the lives of our fellows better by positive interaction rather than smoking dope.

I have seen it all, no matter that one extends a greeting, the gift is spurned. Alan I feel really sorry for you.

I earned my right to romp with the dogs and it is part of my therapy to get outside of my environment at home and learn to conquer a fear of open spaces and the comment was passed to Mini and not at you.

As for smoking dope, I don't need artificial things to give me a high, just the love of a good honest partner, my kids and the dogs is enough for me, they don't try to analize me, they just accept who I am

As for wisdom, I never stated I was wise, far from it, I have lots to learn and God am I looking forward to that.

As for being evil and a callous nasty piece of work, well the dogs still love me, and I guess I'm I'm the lucky one with love from a family who despite being drawn into my private hell, still love me.

If you can do no better than try to bring me to your level of the playing field, think again, because I don't want to fight battles that only end in destruction or bring this board into disrepute.

Alan, if you have nothing positive for me, keep it to yourself and think all manner of things privately, but don't bugger this board with your observations of me, my personality etc., don't get personal.

You shall have your satisfaction, in that I shall not respond to your personal attack any further as I have been advised to do.

I hope you find some satisfaction with ACC, but I have this feeling in whatever happens, nothing will satisfy you as you seem to want revenge, not justice which is your right.

#32 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

View Postanonymousey, on Aug 6 2007, 03:50 PM, said:

The following link may be helpful for further contemporary information and help to members perhaps?

http://www.bullyonli...stress/ptsd.htm

Sadly while Tim is no longer a personal support or guide for me - his priceless wisdom and heart remains for others to embrace :wub:

There is some excellent material and links contained in this website as well as many other forums. I am so thankful Tim's grieving family members and friends have kept his website growing and reaching 24/7 anywhere into infinity :)

Well Posted Mousy,

The piece on bullying bears a lot of thinking about.

I hope that my postings are not bullying because that's not where I want to come from and I try hard not to bully, though it often is a characteristic of an abused one to fight like fury, and bully and threaten all and sundry especially those close to them who want to help.

The resources are great and I hope can be archived on this site for further use by those who seek to know more about Abuse and disorders that stem from it.

#33 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

NoDrsl did you read what EFT is? Does ACC paid for this type of stuff?

EFT is about as loopy as nasal irrigation. This is why I have raised the topic of competent PTSD treatment. Nonsense posing itself as treatment, such as EFT, is a serious problem in New Zealand when such loopy industries charging for their services is provided instead of the more expensive "gold standard" treatment protocols. Just trying treating a seasoned battle scarred Marine, or refugee from the killing fields of Cambodia with EFT and see if they do not punch a person prescribing such nonsense on the nose.

What is EFT? Simply stated, it is an emotional version of acupuncture except needles aren't necessary. Instead, you stimulate well established energy meridian points on your body by tapping on them with your fingertips. Does this philosophy promoted pose as an alternative to the gold standard of medical treatment? These types of people are positively dangerous!

These people are nothing more than snake oil salesmen! https://www.emofree.com/EFTStore/ we should try not to have advertising on the site.

If any one claims to have recovered from PTSD being treated by EFT they probably do not have PTSD in the first place or would have "got over it" spontaneously. Placebos have been known to be very powerful, tongue-in-cheek of course.

The foundation to treating PTSD is to first remove the injured person from the source of harm then to secure their position to prevent the reoccurrence of that harm. If those first two things are done no other protocol will have any effect simply because PTSD and other stress related disorders are not mental disorders but a proper physiological response to the events experienced.

Avoidance ordered visionary tactics, including being dragged into oblivion, simply do not permit a person to recover. The only robust way of dealing with PTSD after the first two issues are resolved is gaining an intellectually robust way to move forward in safety. This may also involve developing skills of self-preservation. Unfortunately I am not of the treatment providers focus on diagnosing, regurgitating and reliving rather than the building of skill so as to build the necessary self-confidence and self preservation.

There are many resources about PTSD and other such injuries but precious little about treatment. If you look at the site, http://www.bullyonli...stress/ptsd.htm, which is very good, it is noted that it is almost completely devoted to the diagnosis of the injury was no information about treatment. That is because this level of provider simply does not know what to do which opens the way for people like the nostril irrigators and practitioners of EFT etc.

The flowers, nice fuzzy sayings and clarity of diagnosis is wonderful that I am asking for qualified competent treatment so as to achieve "results" in real terms.

#34 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

View PostNoDrsl, on Aug 6 2007, 07:03 PM, said:

"we should try not to have advertising on the site."\

lol youre funny sometmes. could you kindly set the clear criteria on which is url links, advertising, or recommendations as im now positively confused on whats allowed on accforum whats banned and whats not approved. lol

i posted that link so others can look at broader views, looking at your negative response makes me think that unless you change your own thinking your own situation wont change in a hurry but thats your choice. i look at the information in those links and my intent is simple, if by making others aware theres more information to consider, if they gain just even a little bit of positive hope of dealing with their nightmare then thats good

NoDrsl, thanks for posting the link.

It's good to have a wider field of view when it comes to Abuse and methods to control or lessen the effects of the abuse on the individual.

I cannot speak for other forms of PTSD, as I suffer from the after-effects of Abuse and that's all I have experience to comment on.

If alternative therapies/treatments work, I'll be glad to listen and evaluate and hopefully keep an open mind.

It seems there are rules about advertising for some , but it depends on who you are and how well you can force your point of view , as for me, I'm just glad for another point of view and something else to consider in the process or reclaiming my life and my childhood.

Thanks,

Neddy

#35 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Just some thoughts that have helped me, I hope they can help others.

[attachment=4692:attachment]

#36 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

Are people who are selling snake oil and other such mumbo-jumbo which is fraudulently posing as medical science advertising on this posting or not. On the face of it appears to be somewhere between hypnotherapy and faith healing. I would be interested to know the opinions of the members of the site whether this is advertising.

https://www.emofree.com/EFTStore/

I think it is but that is only my opinion. I am quite sure that NoDrsl was well-meaning but may not have read much further than the various affirmations. Affirmations do not provide cures to this very serious and disabling injury.

I am suggesting that we should be very careful about being suckered in by these types of monsters as sometimes they do not even realise they are monsters.

I started this thread because I wanted to promote the concept of reaching out for proper treatment rather than the pretending treatment that we are being exposed to that is not much better than this.

The EFT Course
Overview: 13 hours of video on DVD (including Parts 1 and 2) and 3 hours of audio on DVD plus EFT Manual on CD. This is the Foundation for EFT and should be studied by everyone. It contains The Basic Recipe, shortcuts and over 40 sessions on traumas, phobias, addictions, physical ailments and more. Easy to follow - for professionals and lay people alike. $60 for the set - up to 50% discount available. 60 day money back guarantee. Permission given to make up to 100 copies to give (not sell) to others.

If your order exceeds ... Discount
$100 35%
$200 40%
$350 45%
... or order the entire library 50%
Up to 50% discounts
You can enjoy substantial discounts by including more than 1 DVD set in the same order. See the table on the right and note the 50% discount for ordering the entire DVD library in one order. The entire library contains an invaluable lifetime reference (over 130 hours) of EFT sessions, ideas & approaches and costs much less than a good business suit.

Three hours of audio examples - To give the student a good feel for the wide variety of issues for which EFT is useful. Issues included are Traumatic memory, headache, insomnia, height phobia, neck and joint pains, love pain, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, "burning eyes", constipation, fear of flying, PTSD, vision, phobias, PMS, migraine headaches, hip pain, corn pain, back pain, anxiety, multiple sclerosis, fear of dentists, stress, golf score, chocolate cravings, knee pain, throat discomfort, allergic symptoms, swallowing food, hemolytic anemia, fatigue, itching eyes, anger, nightmares, breathing problem, depression, fear of public speaking, self image, childhood abuse, headaches, body shame, inadequacy feelings, claustrophobia and rape.

#37 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on Aug 7 2007, 11:40 AM, said:

Are people who are selling snake oil and other such mumbo-jumbo which is fraudulently posing as medical science advertising on this posting or not. On the face of it appears to be somewhere between hypnotherapy and faith healing. I would be interested to know the opinions of the members of the site whether this is advertising.

I started this thread because I wanted to promote the concept of reaching out for proper treatment rather than the pretending treatment that we are being exposed to that is not much better than this.

You may have started the thread,but you don't own it or control the postings herein thank God.

NoDrsl was just posting an alternative for people to look at, discern, and then decide for themselves whether to pursue it or to bin it.

You also miss the concept that there is no cure for PTSD, all we can do is diminish the symptoms, what we have got, we have to learn to manage.

What about members who have promoted Hot Tubs and Spa's as treatment, is that advertising for the industry as a whole?

As for advertising, how about the porkies you told on the Advocates postings? eg Paul Schmidt and others, if that wasn't advertising, what was it.

What's good for one is good for all.

Keep the postings coming.

#38 Guest_mini_*

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Hi Neddy DRSL and Anomousey

I have been online a while now and no one has come back onto the topic.

I thought I would come and wish you all a very pleasant day.

Keep up your smiley faces and let the world see, that nothing will pull you down. I congratulate you all on you tenancity.

You all know I will assist you in whatever practicle way I can.

I AM ADVERTISING HAPPINESS TODAY!!

Cheers for now
Mini

#39 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

View Postmini, on Aug 7 2007, 02:57 PM, said:

Hi Neddy DRSL and Anomousey

I have been online a while now and no one has come back onto the topic.

I thought I would come and wish you all a very pleasant day.

Keep up your smiley faces and let the world see, that nothing will pull you down. I congratulate you all on you tenancity.

You all know I will assist you in whatever practicle way I can.

I AM ADVERTISING HAPPINESS TODAY!!

Cheers for now
Mini

Sheez Min, be careful, that Happiness could be contagious and then what would happen.

I have got a smile on my face, but come tomorrow, there will be tears, tears for the wee mites we remember in 3 minutes of silence, Tears of rage at that we have this situation in this country where poor kids can be battered to death never mind all the other abuses that come their way.

I hope you'll join with me as we remember them and breathe out 'thank the Gods that we are alive to remember them.

But I will stay positive because there is a groundswell against Abuse and it's growing day by day and thats why I'm happy.

Stay positive and caring,

Neddy

#40 Guest_mini_*

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hi Neddy

I will be with you in spirit and soul today for our wee people of NZ.

And thanking goodness my littles ones are raised by my family who love them all to bits. Even the one still in Mummys tummy!! (Gotta photo the other day). Looks like my son already!!!

Yes I will stop the Support meeting by leaving and standing by the roadside to offer my thoughts for the poor wee people and wishing those that harm them 'rot in hell'.

OK I didnt say Im a saint!!

Let the responsibility lie where it should. In each one of us.

And if Mr Thomas thinks I am to be intimidated by a 'over the top' girls blouse type murderer. He has another thought coming.

Besides if NZers have any sense he will never be let out. He is a whacko murderer, who needs to be taught to take responsibility for his own actions. Then once he knows how to do that, no one will be in harms way.

BLESS THE LITTLE CHILDREN AND ALL THE MRS PIKES OF THIS WORLD.

Mini

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users