ACCforum: Example Of Fraud From My File - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Example Of Fraud From My File The ACC in operating there system don't care about laws.

#1 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

Every one has there cases of dishonesty.

Well some go well beyond just a little bit and this is just one from my personal file.

On 10 August 1995 this was reported to the then Branch Manager Ms Helen Walker. Her response was to do nothing in correcting the mistakes and problems. Problems from years of employees hiding in the back of the office after completing tasks as front line staff.

This dishonesty by staff is carried out from mid 1991 to 1998 (high court decision) and some of the staff are still in the corporations.

In September 1991 the corporation wrote and requested that a statuary declaration be signed . Note that this is to have the document signed as is.

Well as with case manager letters were often delivered weeks he wrote the letter. I can't be certain that I had not informed the corporation that I had accepted working in a temporary job or not at the time of receiving the letter.

As I had worked and informed the corporation of the fact I did not have it signed by a JP. I also changed the wording to full time work and not temporary work. As it is on the 23 September 1991 ACC received a wage slip showing earnings. All was going well.

But hay the case manager wanted the declaration signed despite that there is going to be intermittent earnings. The declaration is not modified by the CM to show that it has been receiving the earnings. (it was just that one week )

Now note in this letter that ACC are claiming that it is a requirement to inform ACC of all earnings. The Act is worded differently. The Acts requirement is that if the earnings reduced the amount of compensation them you must inform the corporation. A wee bit different.

Well no declaration was received because I had worked and the letter said that I did not need to have it signed. This brought out what was Vocational Rehabilitation Co-ordinator. Yes in those days they had special people to work out the Vocational Rehabilitation. You will notice that this is 10 years after the first application for the Vocational Rehabilitation. There is no hiding that I will still look at carrying on working when able. The corporation was not paying the full compensation when could not find work and this was causing other problems.

The next letter is to the rehabilitation co-ordinator Gail Donaldson. It is to inform Gail that the arranged meeting could not take place as previously arranged. This letter arrived at ACC on 5 November 1991 but didn't get to the right person until 11 November 1991.

Well see that there is a response from case manager Don Millis on the 5 November to Ray Wilson then Senior Client Officer complaining that the declaration has not been signed Now Don Millis wants to have an investigation to clarify the earnings. Of cause Ray Wilson agrees (after looking at all of the information) and suggest that the declaration is completed or entitlements are removed.

The referral is interesting in that document. ACC did not know what I looked like despite a 10 year disability. Those who know me can agree. This document is technically right that I had only supplied the one certificate to that date. It was $407.00 as refereed to in the document. What the document didn't tell you is that when no work could be found that I could do the corporation did not make the full payment as a legislative requirement.

Well just a few days latter the Case Management team receive the documentation that they are wanting . Those Wage Slips. And advice that there is work until mid December. It shows 5 weeks of earnings and all the same. The letter date stamped 12 November 1991.

There response is another direct threat to remove the entitlements if the declaration is not signed. A letter to the Investigation Company and a memo to show that they had received the earnings information. This memo even shows that I was not earning more than the amount as implied in the Act.

Next is a reply to the Rehabilitation Co-ordinator this is the reply of the information that was required as part of the application for Vocational Rehabilitation.

Yes I did sign the declaration and just note the condition of this document. This one is out of the last file received and matches other document in this file. The condition has deteriorated from the earlier file copies, but there is not the deterioration is the other documents. This document has been used out of this file by some one with out the relative information.

The document is delivered to ACC on the 27 November 1991 . Take note that it is a document that ACC had requested to have signed or compensation may be stopped. I would like you to take note that the reviewer claimed that no earnings details were received to show earnings to that date. Now either the staff had failed to put all of the file to the reviewer or the reviewer is lying. The submission to the Appeal Court mentions that the corporation has is the one committing fraud. Para 3.

The next memo is still apply the investigators involved as the spending needs to improve.

Now its getting towards Christmas and they need more information from employer the letter stated so.

Now look at this the Client Officer wrote to the employer on the 13 December 1991.

Next memo is the memo that shows the address of the employer and yes I did supply it to him in person. The CM can do time travel. Bloody good isn't. 16 December 1991

Look at this he writes another letter complaining that the first wasn't received. (I don't think that he sent the first bloody letter )

The same day they write to me and yes they know that I changed employment's.

And also write to a Dr asking to report on the healed part of the injury. Note the change in the Drs as McMillian no longer complied to the ACC wishes.

Next report from rehabilitation Co-ordinator Gail Donaldson. This report is interesting as the report shows that the corporation is informed of the earnings and the date that I started. The claimant does not have any responsibility for the corporation to record any information correctly and accurately. The claimant has only to inform the corporation of the amount and dates as in the Act.

Now the corporation had received all of the legislative requirement to supply all of the entitlements so this decision was made

The Act as written (3) Any person who is in receipt of compensation under section 59 of this Act and who fails to advise the Corporation as soon as practicable if there is any increase in the amount of his earnings derived after the date of the accident that would reduce the amount to be paid to him in respect of earnings related compensation, commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $500.

They knew that there was an increase but did nothing to with hold the amount until after there was conformation. Talk about thick lets see my entitlement at 12 January 1992 was $771.80 On the 1 March 1992 my entitlement increases due to the decision of the corporation and the amount that I earned over a 7 week period of the new entitlement. This is $1042.24 less tax in the hand. What ACC had also done had claimed that I am fully rehabilitated and no rehabilitation would reduce the liability. The ACC lawyer suggested that I had a earning capacity of $360.00 per week over the long term. This was not correct as my condition deteriorated over the long term.

Well the next two show that the investigation did not find fraud but continued to claim that it had been done. I think that it is time that the Staff involved with my file are investigated by there own fraud unit.

A quick reference on the ACC web pages will bring us to a Sharon Patterson on the ACC staff in the fraud unit.

Copies of pages from file.

and more pages from the file

and More

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Was Helen Walker the Branch Manager in both Dunedin & also in Christchurch whom was caught for criminal offending at http://www.acc.co.nz
or was that another female branch manager?

Or was your file, doppleganger, held at a different branch to those two?

We have been reliably informed, whomever it was worked at both Christchurch & Dunedin ACC offices before been caught & was a female.

"On 10 August 1995 this was reported to the then Branch Manager Ms Helen Walker. Her response was to do nothing in correcting the mistakes and problems. Problems from years of employees hiding in the back of the office after completing tasks as front line staff."

#3 User is offline   practioner123 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

View Posthukildaspida, on 18 March 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Was Helen Walker the Branch Manager in both Dunedin & also in Christchurch whom was caught for criminal offending at http://www.acc.co.nz
or was that another female branch manager?

Or was your file, doppleganger, held at a different branch to those two?

We have been reliably informed, whomever it was worked at both Christchurch & Dunedin ACC offices before been caught & was a female.

"On 10 August 1995 this was reported to the then Branch Manager Ms Helen Walker. Her response was to do nothing in correcting the mistakes and problems. Problems from years of employees hiding in the back of the office after completing tasks as front line staff."

This is the reason to push, and push HARD for every piece of paper in your file per the Privacy Act, because incorrect evidence in your file can be used against you. The privacy act came into force after your case, however, it should still be available, and if they do not release it, and give you the opportunity to correct it, then you should consider appealing to the human rights tribunal on that issue. Most cases there are a result of privacy abuses, like apparently this is.

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Practitioner 123 in cases of ACC only fraud how to get past the ACC rely upon the section of the Privacy Act that allows them to retain all the information it to their perception of the ACC fraud? I trust that you understand that this is the ACC practice which is upheld by the privacy Commissioner.

#5 User is offline   practioner123 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 18 February 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

Practitioner 123 in cases of ACC only fraud how to get past the ACC rely upon the section of the Privacy Act that allows them to retain all the information it to their perception of the ACC fraud? I trust that you understand that this is the ACC practice which is upheld by the privacy Commissioner.

I think I know what section you refer to, but would you like to have a discussion about it, and show you how it applies BOTH ways? Also, a decision by the Privacy commissioner does not preclude you from raising the issue with the Human Rights Tribunal.

#6 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

View Postpractioner123, on 18 February 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I think I know what section you refer to, but would you like to have a discussion about it, and show you how it applies BOTH ways? Also, a decision by the Privacy commissioner does not preclude you from raising the issue with the Human Rights Tribunal.

The issue was raised with the human rights tribunal and that go through to the point where I had a discussion with the commissioner himself in his office on two separate occasions. He reached the conclusion that my case was so big and complex that he did not have the resources to proceed further. He complains of being under resourced without having the ability to do his job.

#7 User is offline   practioner123 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 18 February 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

The issue was raised with the human rights tribunal and that go through to the point where I had a discussion with the commissioner himself in his office on two separate occasions. He reached the conclusion that my case was so big and complex that he did not have the resources to proceed further. He complains of being under resourced without having the ability to do his job.

Try again? Some things have probably changed. It's worth giving a shot. If the case is too big, then you simply pick ONE thing, and see it through to completion. I recommend unwinding the whole thing and picking one thing you believe has a chance of winning. I think this should inspire you http://accforum.org/...-for-a-3-cause/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users