Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sensitive Claimants Get on Talkback Radio

#1 User is offline   activist 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

Have you guys ever got together and phoned talkback about our issues with ACC.

I'm working on a local community radio station Arrow FM Masterton with a friend, will talk about my issues with ACC and mental health.

Anybody interested in meeting me on the steps of Parliament to recite poetry and sing rap, before xmas would be good. Then again prior to the next general elections.

I am not taking the Auditor General rejection lightly, I will appeal to a higher court to investigate their behaviour regarding the illegal actions of ACC in regard to sensitive claimants and rehabilitation. Was thinking of making a complaint to the police, or writing to their auditors with a complaint.

I have another petition that I am considering reviving - it goes as follows

PETITION TO THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL OF AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND.

WE THE UNDERSIGNED CALL ON THE QUEEN'S REPRESENTATIVE TO HAVE CONDUCTED AN URGENT COMMISSION OF ENQUIRY INTO ALLEGATIONS OF DISCRIMINATION AND SERIOUS DEFICIENCES IN CARE OF PEOPLE SUFFERING MENTAL INJURY AS A RESULT OF ABUSE OR SEVERE TRAUMA.

Anybody tried a petition like this.

My toilet wall is full of sayings and I will leave you with two of these:

From Conversations with God

LOVE OR FEAR

Fear is the energy which contracts, closes down, draws in, runs, hides, hoards, harms.
Love is the energy which expands, opens up, sends out, stays, reveals, shares, heals

Fear wraps our bodies in clothing
Love allows us to stand naked
Fear Grasps Love lets go
Fear irritates Love soothes
Fear attacks Love amends
Every humn thought word or deed is based in one emotion or the other.

A brilliant book, you should all read it.

From the book How to Win Friends and Influence People

THE WILL TO WIN

Whenever you go out of doors draw the chin in, carry the crown of the head high and fill the lungs to the utmost; drink in the sunshine; greet your friends with a smile and put soul into every handclasp. Do not fear being misunderstood and do not waste a minute thinking about your enemies.

Try to fix firmly in your mind which you would like to do and then, without veering off direction, you will move straight to the goal. Keep your mind on the great and splendid things you would like to do and as the days go gliding by, you will find yourself unconsciously seizing upon the opportunities that are required fo rthe fulfillment of your desire. Picture in you mind the able, earnest, useful person you desire to be and the thought you hold is hourly transforming you into that particular individiual....

Thought is supreme. Preserve the right mental attitude, of courage, frankness and good cheer. To think rightly is to create. All things come through desire and every sincere prayer is answered. We become like that on which our hearts are fixed. Carry you chin in and the crown of your head high. We are gods in the chrysalis.

Dale Carneigie

An associate of Dr Smedly the founder of Toastmasters

A great organisation Toastmasters, really helps with regaining confidence in social skills.

Can anybody give me an idea of what the TradeMe chat site is like.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users