Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are Fce Assesments Compulsory

#1 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

Can anyone tell me if it is compulsory to have an F CE if you have already had one? i appreciate your replies.

Stumpy :ph34r:

#2 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

As far as I know the assessment is not compusary, but have you got that on your modified IRP. that you need a second FCE.

If you have then you will have to complete the FCE but take steps to make sure that the FCE are aimed at particular occupations.

#3 Guest_Percy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

Stumpy, they cannot force you to do an FCE test. It has been proved that these can be harmful and not appropriate for your condition. They also do not prove anything except are a money spinner for the arsessor.
Please tell your little "Hitler" CM that you are refusing to go on a FCE and get your GP to back you on this. This is a sneaky little exit game Hurring is playing!!!
Good luck and are things hotting up in Catalyst/LTCU again??????

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

The following was an old post from 2003 i know:

Quote "Functional Capacity Evalutaion Tests
The Office of the Ombudsman has recommended that :---

1 ACC apologise to a claimant for requiring the claimant to undergo an FCE test; and

2 ACC refrain from requiring claimants to undergo FCE as part of an assessment of capacity to work or vocab independence; and

3 ACC revise its procedures so as to make it clear to claimants that they are fully entitled to refuse - without penalty of any kind to undertake exercises or tests in the course of FCE if they consider that those excercises or tests may be unsafe or undesirable or may carry the risk of re-injury or may increase the claimants pain level.

So there you are folks - you do not have to undergo FCE if you consider the exercises or test are unsafe, undesirable, may carry any risk of re-injury or may increase your pain levels and ACC cannot threaten you with suspension of entitlements if you refuse on any of those grounds mentioned."unquote

:unsure: NOW What i would like to know is does anyone have any documentation as proof of this?
I would greatly appreciate getting my hands on it!!
Good luck stumpy !! ;)

#5 User is offline   cloudsurfing 

• Pip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Has anyone gone on one of these recently? My CM didn't give me a choice she just sent me, needles to say a new claim for injury was put in straight away :o(

Quote "Functional Capacity Evalutaion Tests
The Office of the Ombudsman has recommended that :---

1 ACC apologise to a claimant for requiring the claimant to undergo an FCE test; and

2 ACC refrain from requiring claimants to undergo FCE as part of an assessment of capacity to work or vocab independence; and

3 ACC revise its procedures so as to make it clear to claimants that they are fully entitled to refuse - without penalty of any kind to undertake exercises or tests in the course of FCE if they consider that those excercises or tests may be unsafe or undesirable or may carry the risk of re-injury or may increase the claimants pain level.

So there you are folks - you do not have to undergo FCE if you consider the exercises or test are unsafe, undesirable, may carry any risk of re-injury or may increase your pain levels and ACC cannot threaten you with suspension of entitlements if you refuse on any of those grounds mentioned."unquote

:unsure: NOW What i would like to know is does anyone have any documentation as proof of this?
I would greatly appreciate getting my hands on it!!
Good luck stumpy !! ;)
[/quote]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users