• You cannot reply to this topic

Warning All Must Read ACC Fraud Squad

#1 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Just a warning to all ACC claimants particularly the people that contain confidential information stored either electronically or hard copy regarding people other than yourself. This can include any correspondence to lawyers personal emails or anything for that matter that you would never want anyone else to read.

ACC Fraud squad are now using tactics of going to the police to assist them in acquiring search warrants if fraud is suspected of the person they are investigating. They will remove pc's and documentation so as they can go through all this back at base.

It doesnt matter if you are innocent or not the ACC coming in with search warrants is tactics that should not be allowed.

All people that hold files that are confidential should be looking at storing this information off site or encrypting the data so as it cannot be extracted via forensic techniques.

If information is stored on computers and you do backup and take off site its important that you delete the information from the pc and run a shredder program through your pc so as to destroy the deleted data permanantly so that it cannot be recovered with recovery software.

There are many shareware and free programs that will shred data permanantly.

Here is software for shredding which is free
http://www.snapfiles...get/eraser.html

Here is software used to encrypt data of your choice
http://www.snapfiles...cryptainer.html

Anything in hard copy should be stored somewhere away from where you are, as a warrant will not cover several properties on the one form.

This topic should be kept at the top so as all can heed to the urgency of the problem.

If anyone requires info on software or encrypting your pc PM me and i will try and assist with what i can.

#2 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:38 AM

Greetings,
Check this one out.... Military grade encryption/ shredder...

https://www.steganos...oducts/sss2006/

If you forget your password ... Tough... so that needs to secreted somewhere safe...

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

having experienced the ACC obtaining a search warrant and asking the police to process the search warrant I am able to describe the reality. As I owned a company that had a number of computers the ACC brought along while they thought was a computer expert, somebody under 18, to extract from the computers information relevant to the ACC investigation.

As the boy knew nothing about ACC or business matters he was completely lost, as was the ACC private investigators. Because I owned the computers the private investigators thought that the computer fingerprint, details about myself, on all documents produced by those computers that then I would be responsible for the production of all the work produced on those computers. Bizarre? yes!

As the boy did not know how to work computers properly the police instructed me to press the start button. I was then instructed by the police, who were being instructed by the ACC private investigators, to show them where the business documents were. The place could just as easily have asked me to unlocking a security the computers might have had. Of course as I was not working in the company were involved with the daily activities it would be very possible that I would not have known the current passwords but of course would have been able to acquire such information from those who were employed by company's I owned.

If there is a password involved on a computer and there is a search warrant being exercised it is illegal not to provide the police with every assistance they request. If you don't disclose the password you will be arrested for obstruction of justice!

In my experience it is best to ensure that all activities on each computer in regards to every subject is clearly documented as to who is to and what is what. The reason is that if the ACC private investigators ever to obtain a search warrant they will be idiots trying to prove their hypothesis as opposed to establish fact.

#4 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

I have to experienced a warrant being executed on my premises.

My memory is bad because of lack of sleep. It hasnt occurred this time but if they asked me for passwords and i cant remember them there isnt a lot i can do about that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users