Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Member From The U.s.

#1 User is offline   Brewmonkey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

Hey, I just found this board and thought it looked like a good place to join and do some reading.

I am a 36 year old male who ended up with Spondylolisthesis and Spondylolysis in 2001 and in 2003 had surgery to repair the damage. Of course I had plenty of ESI's and a myelogram and in 2004 was diagnosed with arachnoiditis. I applied for Social Security and spent close to the next 2 years dealing with that and finally just this month was awarded my disability benefits.

I am a member of COFWA and several other groups related to arachnoiditis, but have found very few boards like this (only 1 other which is not active at all).

Look forward to doing some reading and hearing from the other members.

#2 Guest_red card_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

Welcome Brewmonkey, you are in for a treat.

ACC is a government owned personal injury insurer with a monopoly. It may be a bit of a foriegn concept for a US citizen but thats how it works here in Kiwi-land. The insurers site is www.acc.co.nz

There are positives and negatives with the scheme. You will hear about some of the negatives here.

That aside, you may also be able to share info regarding injury-related conditions with others and maybe provide useful links.

#3 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

Welcome brewmonkey.
Overseas visitors should be careful to take out suitable cover with a insurance company in their own country that will give them full cover as the newzealand Accident compensation scheme has severe restrictions and some cases demand return to nz at claimant cost for arsessments that will exit them from the scheme and in some cases provide little or nop cover. there are several inmstances of this gerymaundering on this site.

DO NOT RELY ON ACC AS THEY ARE GOVERNMENT SUPPORTED THEIVES

#4 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:29 PM

Kia Ora BrewMonkey, welcome to New Zealand.

BLURB B)

#5 User is offline   trusting 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

Millionaire banker Sam Kelt (one blow and unable to function) Poor guy .another very successful Kiwi struggling with TBI.... Hope he gets lots of support to get his life back into normal gear....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users