Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Discrimination Of Sensitive Claimants Human Rights

#1 User is offline   activist 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:02 PM

Thank you for the comments to my email on Monday, felt good - Monday was a very very bad day - they always creep up on me those days.

One of my passions with regard to the issue of care for sensitive claimants and victims of crime is trying to understand why 'the system' is soooooo bad. I believe it comes down to systematic discrimination; from providing volunteers as crisis care givers, not funding any public mental injury services, to not facilitating access to early diagnosis and assessment by appropriately qualified mental health professionals. (Shit there are a lot of big words in that paragraph, sorry.)

I am very interested in taking a case against ACC accusing them of aggravating my mental injury by their gross neglect and misconduct at crucial times (eg following the trial) - anybody else interested.

Am still in constant dialogue with Ruth baby, she regurgitates the same bullshite every time. And every time I send back a letter telling her she is talking bullshite. It will make good fodder for the Human Rights Commission, Ombudsman and Governor-General if they ever actually investigate my complaints.

As part of my business Mental Injury Services Ltd I have created a model of care called 'fence at the top of the cliff', anybody who would like me to send a copy of it, either snail mail or as an attached Power Point slide (sorry not that computer literate to create a pdf).

Here's a blues song I performed to Kuranui College (Wairarapa) students last year, with the blessing of the music teacher and the DP. The only condition, that I didn't swear.

Three Finger Protest

Got a three finger bag for my birthday
Start smoking as soon as I wake
Prefer this sort of self-medication
To the shit the drug companies make

Time to stand up, Time to shout
At the whole world, Get rocked

Three years begging for help from the system
Still suffering affects of abuse
And afraid to the core of my being
Of what I could do if refused

At the whole world, You're rocked

They neglect you until it's so bad
You could kill from emotional pain
Then they tell you it's just mental illness
Take these pills the drug company makes

At the whole world, Get rocked

They keep closing down places of asylum
They think it's the cheapest idea
And the people that need them the most
Feel more neglected, by a society, they already fear

At the whole world, You're rocked

And they say no excuse for abuse
And they judge who take mind numbing shit
Then they say it's really all our fault
Hope this song enlightens you a bit

Stand with me, and shout
At the whole world, get rocked.

Stand with me, and shout
At the whole world, you're rocked.

I cannot tell you the therapy in singing this at the top of my lungs to 300 teenagers, backed by a band. Even now when I take the dog for a walk into the country near my home I still get a buzz singing it.

I'm trying to get more music into King Street Artworks so I can record this song with the backing of a good band (I wasn't able to at school last year). Also my friend Taei and I are working on a show for the local community radio, which will play a few of my poems and songs.

With regard to healing from PTSD I managed to get free drumming lessons at school last year, the rhythms we learnt and the cross-body cross-brain stuff really helped me regain left brain function.

I am very interested in education support for claimants suffering mental injury and PTSD, especially using brain gym and kinesthetic methods. Unfortunately the IPRCA says 'schools' in relation to receiving education support so all sensitive claimants in full time study at tertiary institutions GET NOTHING through ACC. Though talking with your tertiary provider may be helpful - I know Massey did their best to help me attend a paper in 2004, sadly I melted down and didn't complete it.

Another area of interest is financial management support, I lost my business and subsequently my house because I could not manage my money, this was a result of my PTSD affecting my cognitive abilities. Anybody having problems with this too?

Cool website thanks to the creators.

Sincerely,

Jayne

#2 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:05 AM

Was there not a thread about this?

#3 User is offline   Hatikva 

• Pip
  • LocationWop Wops

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:51 AM

am very interested in education support for claimants suffering mental injury and PTSD, especially using brain gym and kinesthetic methods. Unfortunately the IPRCA says 'schools' in relation to receiving education support so all sensitive claimants in full time study at tertiary institutions GET NOTHING through ACC. Though talking with your tertiary provider may be helpful - I know Massey did their best to help me attend a paper in 2004, sadly I melted down and didn't complete it.

Another area of interest is financial management support, I lost my business and subsequently my house because I could not manage my money, this was a result of my PTSD affecting my cognitive abilities. Anybody having problems with this too?

Sadly insofar as ACC is concerned, as yet there is little if any assistance available from ACC. Moreover, ACC do NOT provide an atmosphere of support to those with TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).

I've been through the whole bloody nightmare, of late there have been a few things resolved, but the adverse toll that has been taken on my health, career, marriage and prospects for the future are incalculable. Most recently my husband has lost three papers in his studies because either I'd just suffered a mild stroke (caused according to my GP from the extreme stress we are under) or because he could not afford to travel to classes, and finally because he can't get his work off his computer - it needs a new mother board and we don't have ANY money for repairs - we have exhausted all our savings, I have lost my self respect and self esteem, I have attempted to retrain myself but cannot afford the cost anymore, I am in constant pain while awaiting surgery, travel to the local GP and paying for a visit (even on a community card) is a luxury - the increase in petrol is killing us, rationing food now, I sit in a house which is at 12 degrees because we can't afford the power, I'm waiting for payment from ACC for my travel to/from rehab (costs us $ 50 a trip now) - that money is needed once again for the power bill but I still wait and am now shaking with cold. Rationing the firewood - can't afford to risk being without when I get home from surgery. The fact that my husband couldn't complete course work (due to not being able to afford to get to class, nor being able to get his work off his computer and having the stress of my having a stroke and losing some days class work) - meant that he couldn't do placement so will be another year to get his degree but now his mental state is to the point of chucking it in totally - 4 years lost - and a marriage almost lost, and I'm back to considering suicide again to free him from worrying about me and getting on with life. I'm a liability - not an asset any more. This is what ACC does to you, and to your families. Takes your reasons to live away, destroys your relationships and any hope you might have had for a future. At the end of April, ACC accepted all the issues being put to review (under the auspices of John Miller Law as I was unable to undertake that sort of a confrontation on my own) - even before it went to review. Part of that was reinstatement of my ERC and the back pay- but to data nothing done. MOUNTAINS of paperwork RESUBMITTED from doctor, but that too into a black hole. There were a few things accomplished - at least I was put on a surgical list finally. But that is but a small part.

#4 User is offline   kea 

• PipPip

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

Your experiances mirrored here. Right down to having to flag tertiary retraining. Only difference is that my wife is the client of sensitive claims - I am the Advocate. We too have enlisted John Millers help as other doors continue to be locked and bolted by all sectors.

I guess we can take heart from the fact that ACC and Governments propensity to selective discrimination is not personal it's just aimed at the lot of us! i.e. all the perceived weak and needy :)

With regard Sensitive Claim issues you begin to wonder who among those in power are being protected by keeping sex crimes against children under the rug.

Kea

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users