Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:47 PM

Another site of interest

http://www.thebananaboxcase.co.nz/

#2 User is offline   batman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Good reading ....but i have to disagree it doesn't matter what colour you are it's if your inportant or not this is not a one off case.. they treat you like that regardless of colour, race or religion. Remember ACC quite often knows your financial situation and your position in society and therefore your ability to know and fight for your rights. After many years on ACC and taking the things written or said about me by case managers personally, I have found this site and met others on ACC in similar positions and now understand it must be more of a policy or philosophy to dump claimants than something personal to me alone. When you find written in your file years later "we have tried everything administratively but he always complies" I understand it has never been about treatment and rehabilitation to get you back to work but dirty underhand administrative techniques hoping you won't comply so they can kick you off their books. Remember ACC is allowing Young Hunter in Christchurch, and probably other legal firms around the country, to argue in court that the Act starts at section 89, forget about treatment and anything else, just IMA, IOA. Some lawyers used to say that the review process was a sham but now they are saying that the review and district court are just steps to the high court. Unfortunately there are judges hearing ACC cases in the district court that appear to just take what the ACC lawyer presents as fact without requiring them to provide evidence to back it up. In one instance an ACC lawyer told the judge that ACC only reverted to the action they took when the claimant would not comply with rehabilitation attempts. The claimants lawyer stood up and stated this was incorrect but the judge did not make further enquiries or ask the claimant or their lawyer to elaborate. In this particular judge's summing up he found this as a matter of fact! and the poor claimant lost and had to proceed to appeal in the high court. This claimant wrote to ACC and asked for all the paperwork to support the statement made by the ACC lawyer - this was not responded to as there was infact nothing to support this claim. It is my understanding that ACC settled out of court with this person to avoid exposure and embarrasment in the high court. Just remember your ACC levies are paying for this sort of behaviour by ACC and people's lives are being ruined by their actions. Imagine if this person did not have the money and know how to challenge this decision. Dr White, Mr Collins this sort of dishonesty by ACC needs to stop immediately. Perhaps you need to review all the claimants files who have challenged ACC in court or tried to and been thwarted due to the underhanded tactics of ACC lawyers. I understand the other day a Christchurch lawyer acting for a claimant in court and was only handed the ACC submissions when he got into court and the judge told the lawyer to carry on as best he could. Is this fair and complying with the founding principles of the Act, I think not.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users