ACCforum: Where To From Here? - ACCforum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where To From Here? ACC Fraud

#1 User is offline   freefallnz 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 29-June 04

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:53 AM

Well having the paper trail is one thing..

What do you do with it?

In the late 90's ACC were very busy trying (and often succeding) in removing clients with a Traumatic Brain Injury from ACC by citing a pre-existing mental condition.. In my case the CM was running with asphagia (just part of a diagnosis from Porirua hospital (post accident))

The CM used all the usual ACC tricks ie. withheld medical reports from ACC consultants etc etc etc.. asked leading questions on incorrect infromation.. blah blah blah

The paper trail shows I attended Burtons (mileage payments for such) & that Burtons - Denyse Kershal {neuro physcologist} provided a report to ACC in Dec 1997.. (ACC paid for that report)...

Would you not find it strange that the report produced in Dec 1997 does not exist on ACC files.... Well obviously just an error... reports do go missing..

It is beyond my comprehension however that Burtons do not have a copy of that report either.. In fact Burtons have no records of those visits or the report... Even though they produced it and were paid for it by ACC..

The results as far as I can see were to deny me vocational rehabilitation.. (In anticipation of the 1998 Act coming into force)

#2 User is offline   silverfox 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 0
  • Joined: 01-May 06

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

try asking for it under officail information act or what ever it is

but go thru back door ask for all payments made by acc with refernce to you file

when you see payment to above

the ask why acc are paying for something thats dosent it thier words exist

but get aturney general to do the asking or oppostion mp for acc

they should smell a rat and be happy to go digging he he

#3 User is offline   The River 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 25-December 05

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

Yes! Make an Official Information Act request for the files. ACC has about two days to get them to you or contact you under the legislation. Don't be surprised if they donít respond.

If they do not produce said documents and you know they are in existence make an official complaint to ACC. Give them a little while to respond.

Then make an official complaint to the Ombudsmen: [email protected]

Better to go to the website and download the complaint form:

May as well make another formal complaint to the Minister for ACC: Ruth Dyson

You could always inform the Auditor General as well: [email protected]

The problem I have faced with making requests for information and formal complaints is you will either be ignored or your claims will be dismissed. Sadly you are just talking to another head on a very big monster and you should never expect that monster to attack itself.

Good luck!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users