ACCforum: Initial Medical Assessors In Wellington - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Initial Medical Assessors In Wellington Recommendations anyone?

#1 User is offline   j23 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:10 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the following doctors:

Dr Michael Antoniadis
Dr Blair Christian
Dr David Hartshorn
Dr David Waite

I know to avoid Bill Turner and Rosy Fenwicke who were also on the list provided to me by my case manager to choose from but I haven't heard of any of these.

Or a recommendation for another doctor not on the above list?

Thanks for any help :)

#2 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

Waite is a nice bullshit artist who trawls you for stuff which appears in his incompetent and unqualified report.
Antionides should be avioded like the plague and is a certified liar.
Hartshorn I do not know.
Blair Christian is a long time toady who was very prominent in the reduction of most people in the wellington regions Independence allowence and is as always constrained in assessment by bullshit fed to him by case mongrels.

#3 User is offline   watcha 

• PipPip

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

Avoid all of them, toadies to the end. You have only been given a small number from a much larger list - ask for the full list before making a choice.

The same goes for the occupational assessors - go for Career Services, you may not get in there because that organisation has shoved it up ACC and placed restrictions on the number of assessments, around 2-4 per month, depending on the area; all the others are toadies, often staffed by ex-acc employees. You must be very firm with these assessors, their task is to find as many meaningless jobs as possible and will not recommend any training - entry level jobs is the name of the game.

The IOA is probably the most important step in the rehabilitation process, any flaw at this stage will carry through to the bitter end so make sure you get it right to get what you need.

#4 User is offline   j23 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

Thanks both flowers and watcha.

Will follow the advice watcha, and I will make Career Services my first choice for occupational assessor. Here's hoping, but at least I am forewarned now. My case manager said I would be able to have input into the occupational assessor's report if there is anything in there I strongly disagree with so hopefully that will be the case.

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

just to Add to Watcha's post

when going to these assessments make a list of what you want out of the assessment. Do it in writing as when you get there you will forget. Best of all make it a statement of your perspective of what you want and hand it to the assessor first before they get any details. Make them read it and ask for comment.

this mesage came from someone else who got ot from some one else. so it is a hand me down.

Of course to make your point stick you can send a copy of statement tp your case manager just to let the case manager know what you have decided in the IOA or IMA.

Second point.

limit the assessors information from you. You have goals and there job is set out in the Act In my opinion long term claimants will be doing these assessments to maintain employment or obtain employment. When the assessor in the IOA starts questioning about other types of employment that you have no intention of doing your answer is simple. that question is irrelevant for me to Maintain/Obtain employment.

this will make it difficult for the assessor as the Act wants the discription for the work that may be approximate for the claimant. But it must take into account the information that is provided by the corporation and claimant. (91)

this is why I think that it is important that you go with a written statement on the Vocatiobnal Rehabilitation that you want, present it and when they go on about other types of work inform them that they are irrelevant as they are not in the goal or the IRP.

That is my Two bits worth.

#6 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

Christian is still being inflicted on Auckland LTCU claimants.

j23, on Apr 20 2006, 03:10 PM, said:

Does anyone have any experience with the following doctors:

Dr Michael Antoniadis
Dr Blair Christian
Dr David Hartshorn
Dr David Waite

I know to avoid Bill Turner and Rosy Fenwicke who were also on the list provided to me by my case manager to choose from but I haven't heard of any of these.

Or a recommendation for another doctor not on the above list?

Thanks for any help :)

#7 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hartshon asks claimants what they do with their time. What's that got to do with IMA?

flowers, on 20 April 2006 - 01:40 PM, said:

Waite is a nice bullshit artist who trawls you for stuff which appears in his incompetent and unqualified report.
Antionides should be avioded like the plague and is a certified liar.
Hartshorn I do not know.
Blair Christian is a long time toady who was very prominent in the reduction of most people in the wellington regions Independence allowence and is as always constrained in assessment by bullshit fed to him by case mongrels.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users