ACCforum: Acc Claims Process And Rac Risk - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acc Claims Process And Rac Risk How do you feel about this.

#1 User is offline   yesno 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

The ACC claims Process.

This is important because it explains what happens at ACC when you first lodge a claim for cover with ACC. It explains how ACC decide what happens to the claim.

When you first file a claim to ACC one of several things happen to it.

Either it gets accepted by ACC and closed (93% of cases),

or

It gets assigned to a case coordinator, (at call centre in hamilton)

or

It gets assigned to a case manager. (at a local branch level)

RAC Risk.

The process for which ACC determines what happens is called an RAC Risk analysis.

RAC risk is an process developed by Oracle Databases. It means Real Application Cluster Technology which is run on a Linx computer system. WHat this means in simple terms is that the computer searches through all of the data entered on the claim form and then matches this data to previous data and looks for anomalies.

I believe that this information includes your name, your GP's name, your diagnosis, your "duration of incapacity". All this information is punched into a computer and then ACC decides how risky your claim is.

The system searches against previous claims you have made, any anomalies in your GP's Diagnosis history, the MDA duration for your diagnosis, and the duration for which your GP has decided your incapacity.

These factors are also tied to ACC's Key Performance Indicators, ie if any of these points may restrict ACC from meeting it's targets it gets referred to Case Coordinator or Case Manager.

If at any time the RAC risk increases, it is tranfered down the chain so it ends up at the case manager to allow him or her to use the tools of the trade to exit you.

For Further information on RAC, this article confirms that it is used by ACC:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/story.cfm...bjectID=3599587

#2 User is offline   yesno 

• Pip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

Forgot to mention,

Do any of you ever feel that you are getting picked on because of any previous claim?

You certainly are!

How do you feel about ACC deciing that your claim is risky, or discriminating against you because of a previous claim that you have made or because of your doctors strong ethics.

This is real evidence of this descrimination.

If anyone is computer minded, below is a link to the administration of RAC technology.

Regards

YESno

http://www.cs.umb.ed....920/a96596.pdf

#3 User is offline   Paradigm Shift 

• Pip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

The ACC are attempting to isolate each injury as a stand-alone assessment rather than comply with medical science which describes in a cumulative effect of incapacity resulting from numerous injuries. This is a classical situation where the bureaucrat stands in the way of reason whereby they jeopardise our safety.

#4 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

:wub: Whoa ACC Whangarei have advised that Im fully covered for all of my injuries sustained from my accident ...

:D Thank you very much , I'm so happy to be advised that Im fully covered for all of my injuries ... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER I have a little question ... can you please advise specifically what all the injuries are and the extent of each injury?

:lol: Hello hello ... where has everyone gone to?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users