• You cannot reply to this topic

Osh Laws your thoughts

#1 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

Now this is interesting

OSH laws

If you sustain an injury that effects your health , restricts your movement, it is illegal for an employer to employ you ,
Reasons you may effect others in the employment work force causing them to sustain a injury or you may be a threat to the general public while you are working causing injury.
This now brings into question how different and far apart this stupid laws are between ACC, health, and OSH.
So if you have a spinal injury, head injury, or limb, that effects your health on a day to day bases and because of the OSH laws , in most work place environment you canít be employed

This is the way I read it

This is in brief as there are 70 pages on this issue

#2 User is offline   Erin 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

gaffa09, on Mar 19 2006, 10:42 AM, said:

Now this is interesting

OSH laws

If you sustain an injury that effects your health , restricts your movement, it is illegal for an employer to employ you ,
Reasons you may effect others in the employment work force causing them to sustain a injury or you may be a threat to the general public while you are working causing injury.
This now brings into question how different and far apart this stupid laws are between ACC, health, and OSH.
So if you have a spinal injury, head injury, or limb, that effects your health on a day to day bases and because of the OSH laws , in most work place environment you canít be employed

This is the way I read it

This is in brief as there are 70 pages on this issue

That would mean that most of us are unemployable. Is there any way we can get a legal opinion on this? One many of us could use?
Erin

#3 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

A wise man once said

No culture can live if it attempts to be Exclusive

By Mahat Bagandhi

Told to me by Madmac

Good on yee mate

#4 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

I think that if you look in the rules and regulation more carefully it states that it is illegal to employ some one who health will cause danger to others.

that means that no one can employ some one that os druged up to the eyeballs because of an injury.

the law does not discrimate between prescribed drugs, alcohol, or illegal drugs.

To prove a point read the road code about drugs.

Truckies will tell you that they get fired and spend time in front of judges.

#5 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

:wub: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Looks like some more ... SAFE THINKING is recquired so that we can be SAFE instead of being crucified ...

:D SAFETY FIRST ... that would include injuried claimants as well wouldn't it ?

Mind you if we where fully covered and supported through our rehabilitation wouldn't we be minimising the risk factor of further injuring ourselves our fellow work mates or even the general public ?

;) Full assistance ... Safe Thinking

#6 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

Saftey first and the tax levies etc collected under that banner are yet another fiscal straw that contribute to nothing but employing people to spend it and unneccessarially Increases ACC's power far beyond that needed to carry out the function they were originally intended to be and that was a Accident Compensation cover that did not use Torts ,legal giggery pokery, bought opinions, fake rehabilitation plans, doctor bullying, and denial proper care where needed.

"Say Ma, Look What They've Done To Me Now"

Safe does not have anything to do with claimants because they have become stock, owned by ACC, and have had their human, citizen's, and taxpayer's civil rights and liberties suspended and replaced by ACC Policy as apparently enacted and ammended by our government.

I was looking for a free domain animation of a dog running in circles or chasing his tail.

It's so like what coping with ACC is like.

It's about time there was a Parlimentary Enquiry into the Operations, financial Books, and management methods of the Accident Compensation Corporation, it's Subsidaries, Associate Companies, and franchises.

Might I go on even further to say perhaps the United Nations also look into this legislation and it's effect on the injured and disabled in the light of human rights as well as crimes against Humanity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users