• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Petition Suggestion New Petition suggestion

#21 User is offline   magnacarta 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:31 AM

Percy, In your 26 February post above you said your were going to present your petition to Hon Ruth Dyson "tomorrow" and wait for the explosion.

When you presented your petition to her, I would be interested in her reaction - was there an explosion??????

#22 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

In three months the transport relations commitee sits and present are the minister and COE of ACC .

May be a few well constructed questions to that committee will get some answers.

when I mean well copnstructed i mean questions about the policy that is not in the legislation. Questions about why no rehabilitation. Why documentation produced by the ACC tell the providers how to avoid supplying entitlements is distributated.

why is the 'COGS" committee full of advocates when they are not part of the comsumers as claimants or levie payers.

#23 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

Good point about COGS .... why are all, except one, people who REPRESENT claimants.... not claimants themselves! When COGS started the representation of CLAIMANTS was more like 40% now it is one person.... no disrespect to that one person but for goodness sakes!!!! Claimants should represent themselves on a CONSUMER OUTLOOK GROUP.... not be represented necessarily by advocates. (no disrespect to advocates but I'm sure you get my point) JMHO

#24 User is offline   Hatikva 

• Pip
  • LocationWop Wops

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:03 AM

Fairgo ...

SOmewhere in the muddled fog of my head, (it's worse -significantly- since the events of the past week ...)

I recall someone in the know advising me that people were "appointed" to COGS, and that if someone had to resign or became ill, there was no process in place to desginate a replacement? ...

Looking at the list below (taken from ACC website today) - certainly supports your point about there being a shortage of claimants themselves on this group... was it always so? Ron Kenyon definately a claimant and a respected advocate as well. But, how many of the others can speak directly from a clients perspective?

Note: Minutes of COGS meetings may be found here ...

http://www.acc.co.nz/wcm001/idcplg?IdcServ...AGE&nodeId=3881

If you page through the October 2005 entry there is a section on what's not working well ... worth a read .....

Consumersí Outlook Group members (as at October 05)
Louise May
The New Zealand Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux

Anne-Marie McInally
The New Zealand Council of Trade Unions

(09) 303 9000

Apii Rongo-Raea
The Pacific Consultancy Group

Druis Barrett
Pae Arahi

Bice Awan
Skylight Childrenís Charitable Trust

Mary More
Whitireia Community Law Centre

Ron Kenyon
Rotorua ACC Support Group

Carl Houghton
Accident Support Services New Zealand

[email protected]

Liz Rogers
The Amputees Federation of New Zealand Contact: PO Box 37262, Halswell, Christchurch or phone mail box 03 366 6815.

Harley Pope
The Brain Injury Association of New Zealand

Jan Moss
Carers New Zealand

#25 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:14 AM

Initially there were from memory 3 other claimants on this group. When they left my name was one of those put forward to replace the one claimant rep from the south island. This was rejected. I don't believe it was me personally, I think it was just they did not wish to have any more claimants involved with the group.

COG in my opinion, if you look at the minutes of the meetings

http://www.acc.co.nz/wcm001/idcplg?IdcServ...urceNodeId=3881

does not seem to be addressing CLAIMANT concerns adequately and given that it has been in exsistance for 3 years or so i personally don't think it is doing what it is supposed to do. A CONSUMER outlook group should involve a SIGNIFICANT number of CONSUMERS.

#26 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

this is in the June 05 minutes

I think that we could make these people bring the claimants things to the meetings and present them to ACC.

Matters Arising:
Carl Houghton: Can we bring specific questions from the community into COG. Can they be brought directly to the COG forum for debate and discussions? Weíve had some approaches from other groups and I put it to the group to discuss whether or not this is the right forum.
Acting as an alternative channel for raising issues may detract from COGís agenda.
We are strategic focussed rather than operational focussed.
If the issue is relevant to what COG are working on then this should be okay.
Part of thinking of COG is about how do communities feed into COG, how do we manage the interface.
Is not about individual issues, but rather about accumulated issues brought forward for discussion (this provides experience and context).
There are other formal processes already established for raising issues.
Do not want COG agenda taken up by individual issues for us to resolve.
Do not want to be a formal reporting back point to individuals about their individual issues.
I think we do this stuff anyway, we bring systemic issues already to the table.
If itís a systemic issue then COG should be looking at it. But if itís an operational issue, we can get stuff resolved at an individual issue.
COG runs the risk of being dragged down if we get involved in these types of issues.
AGREEMENT: re-organise that general business is the forum to bring systemic business issue to the COG table.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users