ACCforum: Min. Health Rept. On Adhesive Arachnoiditis - ACCforum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Min. Health Rept. On Adhesive Arachnoiditis Beware of Spinal Injections!

#21 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Another article from OZ.

ARACHNOIDITIS - WHAT IS IT?

Arachnoiditis is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of the arachnoid mater, the middle of the three membranes, which cover the spinal cord and the brain. The membranes covering the nerve roots become thickened and scarred, this forms fibrous bands, which cannot be eradicated. Fibrocytes form causing the pia and dura mater to adhere to one another; filling the arachnoid space. In some cases, globules of oil based are frequently entangled in this dense scar tissue. Dural pulse is absent. The nerve roots enmeshed in scar tissue hypovasculate and become progressively atrophic. Repetitive micro - trauma occurs, and cysts containing spinal fluid or oil - based contrast medium may form.

Other complications may occur, although some symptoms can develop 'immediately', some may not develop for 10, 15 or twenty years, its 'insidious in nature', like…'rust in a car'…for most sufferers a relationship to such a procedure so long ago, goes unrecognized. In addition to this, the physical restraints now slowly being place on the sufferer makes things more difficult, this lack of mobility, including the related 'horrific' burning pain is sole destroying for most. Further, as one tries to adjust, one has to contend with the related 'ongoing' psychological changes also taking place within. These changes are compounded by the fact one has to also coming to terms that ones condition is not being recognized by doctors, family or friends, who are caring for them. Ones social life as one once knew it, is also diminishing as the disease progresses, a life once taken for granted is becoming more difficult leaving many trapped at home. Furthermore, related economic and emotional effects caused by such a progression compounds these feelings leaving many feeling 'helpless and lost'.

The signs and symptoms vary with the extent of the disease, although most sufferers do not have 'all' the following secondary conditions, many have some, at different levels of severity.

'Part or full paralysis of the lower limbs, maybe weakness in the Arms Hands or knees. (leading to paraplegia or quadriplegia) Chronic pain and burning in the back and extremities. (controlled somewhat by Methadone or Morphine) Bladder and/or Bowel problems. (including failure) Sexual dysfunction. (impotency or infertility unable to have a family!) Horrific head pain due to the chemical reaching the brain. Vision disturbance (including for some 'Blindness') Dizziness/vertigo, Ringing and/or tapping in the ears, Short-term memory loss, Spasticity, Body seizures, Tremors and spasmodic muscle spasms. Adhesive Arachnoiditis within the subarachnoid space causing scar tissue and adhesion of the nerve roots that control body movement, Intra and extra Dural Fibrosis, Thyroid dysfunction and auto-immune disease which for some includes Hormonal imbalance. Urticaria, (an unexplained crawling sensation on or under the skin (allergic reaction to the chemical left in the Cerebrospinal fluid which due to long-term absorption has reached the skin, Chronic fatigue' recently reported (N.I.H.) will be listed in our 'Newsletter'

The primary cause of this disease, is the introduction of 'Positive' oil - based contrast medium (s) into the spine by way of an injection, this medical procedure was known as a MYELOGRAM. The name of the chemical used here in Australia was known by the Brand names of Myodil (by Glaxo Laboratories U.K.) or Pantopaque (by Lafayette Pharmacal Inc, and ALCON U.S.A.) the chemical used in both of these products (Ethyl-iodophenyundecylate) was developed by Eastman Kodak and "others".

Other brand names were used throughout the World on a smaller scale, they were known as Iophendlyate, Ethiodan, Neurotrast, or Myelodil these were developed or distributed by other Pharmaceutical Companies. (Names and further information, available on request.)

Here in Australia both of these two 'positive' contrast medium's ("dye") were used, each had an iodoBENZENE base, many patients had a dose injected into their spine which was three times (3) greater than that found to be...'sufficient'…(safe) at it's development stage. (Prior to it's commercial License in 1944) Why such a dose was used will come much clearer to you, the reader, once I have been able to share my research with you. See (future) information under RESEARCH at your Web page. This "accepted" dose was then NOT aspirated …as much as possible'…by many those using it on patients (ignoring the standard 'Direction of Usage, supplied to them within the Products insert)

This non-aspirated 'overdose' of a (now) Toxic chemical has for many slowly damaged or destroyed ones Peripheral Nervous System, (PNS) and for some, by ascending, reaching the head causing further horrific long-term complication.

No longer can the Medical Fraternity and "others" sprout that 'Chemically Induced' Adhesive Arachnoiditis is a RARE disease, which effect's 'LESS' THAN 1% of those injected. Statistical evidence now available to the writer which has been supplied from America's National Institute of Health, show that those injected with this chemical, 82.3% developed Arachnoiditis as of June 1998. Furthermore, the America National Institute of Health has also listed 80 related medical conditions as a…'cause and effect'…to the use of this chemical.

The magnitude of people here or around the World, that now suffer 'Chemically Induced' Adhesive Arachnoiditis, could make this the largest 'iatrogenic' caused disease ever seen! Also, a great number of our Medical Profession "do not" know how to diagnose it, or more importantly, treat it, so, they become another of the 'white jacket brigade' finding it much easier to bury their head in the sand, rather than addressing the 'truth'. Maybe Doctor's in this country should read their own Medical Journals, for the World -wide evidence of the 'cause and effect' is over whelming.

Chemically Induced Adhesive Arachnoiditis is usually and frequently miss diagnosed by doctors who name it among other things as "failed back syndrome," transferring the cause back onto the patient saying it's "all in patients head"! Due to this, C.I.A.A.S.A. is attempting (with your help) to share as much information as possible to you and other sufferers and their love-ones. To assist Doctors in the diagnosis and treatment of this disease and to raise the 'social consciousness' of our Governments (State and Federal Health) whom have been aware of this abuse by Doctors and "others" not only here, but overseas since 1969. 18 years before it was stopped being used in Australia.

In 1994, the writer took this issue to the New South Wales Parliament (15th September 1994) by way of The Hon. Elisabeth Kirkby. Whom after drawing it to the attention of the House, stated…'In my opinion, the situation that existed …[the use and abuse of this chemical here in Australia]…was the result of negligence on the part of the Government'…[to protect it's citizen's, 'my words']

I hope this short 'overview' will initially assist you understanding 'Chemically Induced' Adhesive Arachnoiditis, including its 'cause and effect'.

#22 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:04 PM

If you look at the decisions of the BMA it looks like to me that the BMA are supplying the staff at ACC with DRUGS. when you look at what happens to claims and how they make decieions no one unless induced to a state of brain deed.

this will be all under the disquiseof some medical treatment to help the claim manager get through the day in carrying out there orders.

#23 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:16 PM

Something like Chemically induced "Arseholitis"

#24 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING
KEEP THESE WHEEL A ROLLING,, RAW HIDE ,

I am just starting to roll and some clown woke me up while i was in my house , dreaming what next ,
So i came out all teeth bearing
soon went back in my box , but watch out if i latch on

I must say a big thank you tomcat and all those that are edging me on

more to come as promised

tomcat put this up about me little old gaffa

Attached File(s)

#25 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

:wub: Hey Gaffa 09 ...

WHOA want do you feed your pooch ...

Got a flea in the ear...

Has someone been attempting to kick his nuts in and he is trying to protect himself ...

:D

#26 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:25 AM

Good Morning,
Have been in contact with Dr Burton, in the past, and have now renewed contact and am now waiting for more information on the various contrast dyes. And their effects, more on Arachnoiditis.
This new Information,will be more damaging to those, in ACC, The Medical Council, and "The Tickle Brigade", who perpetually turn a blind eye to the continual evidence, (and suppress it)
that the use of these poisons must stop.
They are creating a situation where it wont be long before, there will be major law suits for damages, for this and a few other things. The no fault, and no right to sue wont count for shit when this starts.

: john huntley
Date: 02/09/06 09:49:33
To: [email protected]
Subject: From John Huntley

Dear Mr Burton,

I exposed the Myodil in NZ some years back with the help from you and Sarrah in the UK,
From the pain and suffering that I went through ,
It was found that I had Myodil in my brain or in my head , GP thought I had a tumor,.

The powers to be in NZ refuse to accept Myodil as a medical problem ,

Can you please help with any information on the effects of Myodil lodged in the brain or head ,
I have had 2 lots injected total 12 cc ,
The first 6cc when straight to my brain, I screamed when it hit my brain I remember it so clearly as if it was yesterday and yet it was in 1979
Have all medical records stating Myodil in brain ,and other in bottom of spine ,

I wish to thank you from my heart on the work and information you are supplying to help the needy

God bless take care

John Huntley,

Gaffa09 on our site http://WWW.accforum....wtopic=3244&hl=

http://accforum.org/index.php

I have also written to the ministery of health after talking to them yesterday ,
for an update and left a question for them Why Myodil Arachnoiditis is not accepted by ACC and some medical professionals

Attached File(s)

#27 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

:wub: HI everyone trust you are all having a bueatifull day ...

Is their a support group in Australia for adhesive arachnoiditis suffers?

Do they have a website?

:D Many thanks ... Keep smiling ... Have a great day...

#28 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

there sure is

this is the link to the Aussie site

http://www.aasqa.info/AASQA.htm

I beleive that the red back site is no longer i can't get it up but found this

i have written to the aussie site for more info

#29 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

this is what i found out while in Aussie 4 years ago and what i have been saying to ACC , medical, and on site Read it

A Story sent to us from a new Victorian Member, makes interesting reading.

ADHESIVE ARACHNOIDITIS MRI DIAGNOSIS; It has required the advent of modern high-resolution Magnetic Resolution Scanning (MRI) to finally be able to accurately and objectively document adhesive Arachnoiditis as a disease entity. MRI has emerged as an almost magical diagnostic tool. Quality high- resolution MRI has determined that there are literally tens of thousands of adhesive Arachnoiditis sufferers throughout the world today and millions more who are unaware that they harbor this pathologic entity and are presently asymptomatic. More advanced non-invasive imaging studies in the future will be of even greater value in understanding what has transpired. The Burton Experience with MRI diagnosis of Adhesive Arachnoiditis has been that the great majority of MRI studies being performed are technically inadequate to demonstrate the intra-thecal spinal nerves and associated collagenous scar tissue. Only at institutions where the radiologists and Neuroradiologists have made the effort to technically tune their MRI scanners has definitive diagnosis been possible. What then basically constitutes appropriate technique for MRI scan to be considered "high resolution": Adequate magnet strength; typically at least 1.5 Tesla Axial T2 weighted technique with fast spin echo imaging Saggital, axial and coronal imaging sequencing phasing Even when the guidelines noted above are observed an MRI scan can be inadequate. How can this be? Well, consider two similar Mercedes sedans . One runs well and the other runs poorly because of poor quality tuning. The same is true for MRI's where proper shimming, proper RF pulsing and proper technique protocols need to be achieved.

#30 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:58 AM

Well how do i put this .

ACC and the medical profession are only allowing limited CT, or MRI scans which are on my records

That tells me that they are trying to hide something ,
As in reports from the experts and also what i was told a few years back while in Australia is that MRI and CT scans are conducted with setting that don't pick up most spinal problems only bony structure or growth .

#31 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:37 AM

Greetings,
Xrays... Normal xrays lying on the table will not show clearly, alot of things that may be wrong... Misalighnments...
Some I had done by a Chiropractor... standing, front and side...
While there is "Pressure" on the the spine...
These did show up several vertabra that were out of alighnment... and the curve in the spine due to wedge shaped disks, at injury sites... (And type of Arthritis/ Degeneration evident,is related to injury.!!!)
These 2 points were never picked up in any other Xrays done... and never diagnosed...
This led to a new line of adjustments that began to relieve the pain that had been persistant for 25 years... At this late date there nothing that can be done, as the damage is done and perminant, and only regular spinal adjustments will help... BUGGER !

And these xrays did not show any sign of the A.S. (Ankyolosing Spondylitis) that ACC had been promoting for all those years... Which has also been confirmed recently by an expert in the field...
A.S. has at some time (pre- injury) affected the Sacro joints, but never progressed,
and is in no way the cause of currant pain problems higher up the spine...

So you can ask for this type of xray, if you feel it may be of benefit. Talk to your GP.

There have been many other cases where that type of xray has pin pointed the real
problem, where as "usual" ones have not... Funny that it is mostly when done by a Chiropractor, or other type treatment provider, instead of a radiologist.= on behalf of ACC...???

#32 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:05 PM

lets try to bring some of the links forward .

http://www.accforum.org/forums//index.php?...topic=238&st=25

since this time there are cases that have been won re myodil and others with large payouts ,
yet ACC and this bloody system find a way to take it all back , read in the link

#33 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

Posted on behalf of Gaffa_09

November 2001
Arachnoiditis
A brief summary of the literature

(excerpt)
The New Zealand Pain Society was advised of the conclusions and asked to prepare patient information
leaflets with consent forms. Medical practitioners were advised on the use of epidural steroid injections
and responsibility to the patient in a 1998 issue of the Ministry’s publication Prescriber Update.
Neither the route of administration nor indication are approved in New Zealand. The manufacturer,
Upjohn, included an underlined warning that epidural use was not recognised as an indicator for Depo-
Medrol. The 1991 package insert states that epidural use was not recommended. There are provisions
in the Medicines Act 1981 for the administration by a non-approved route and for an unapproved
indication. The code of Health and Disability Services Consumer Rights places responsibility on the
prescribing or administering medical practitioner to advise recipients of expected risks, side effects and
benefits (Right 6(1)(). Written consent was also required in experimental treatments (Right 7(6)()
which could possibly apply in the case of epidural Depo-Medrol injections.
Patient safety and informed consent issues have appeared more recently in New Zealand medical
literature. The incoming NZMA President, Roy Holmes, raised the patient safety issue in New Zealand,
citing findings from an Australian study of quality healthcare in NSW for NSW where some 16.6% of
admissions were associated with an adverse event, over half judged to have high preventability (Holmes
2000).
Patient safety issues have also made recent news with the results of an Auckland region adverse events
feasibility study (Davis et al. 2001). This showed that medical adverse events were more likely to have
occurred outside hospital, to be drug related, to be associated with acute admission, to be classified as
highly preventable and to have greater impact on hospital stay. Post-lumbar puncture headache was a
common procedure-related adverse event. This can occur following either spinal or epidural
anaesthesia but also following diagnostic procedures such as myelograms. This is caused by leakage of
cerebrospinal fluid into the epidural space and correlates strongly with needle-diameter size and needle
direction and angle. The development of clots after bleeding has been implicated with arachnoiditis but
given the widespread use of epidural blood patches for post-lumbar headache this is unlikely (Parnass
and Schmidt, 1990). The formation of post-lumbar puncture dermoid and epidermoid intradural cysts
has been clearly documented but has not been conclusively shown for intradural arachnoid spinal cysts
(Kriss and Kriss 1997).
Coates and Hill (2001), outline the criteria for obtaining informed consent from women in labour
undergoing epidural analgesia. Three basic criteria for patient consent must be satisfied, patient
competency or legal capacity, adequate patient information (available options, risks and side effects)
and voluntary consent (free from duress). Ideally, patient consent should be obtained in writing by the
anaesthetist after consultation with the patient. This is not legally essential unless a patient is to go
under general anaesthetic, there is significant risk of adverse events, there is participation in research, or
a procedure is experimental. Patient competency due to impairment from pain, fatigue, confusion etc
still gives the right to make informed choice to the extent appropriate to the level of competence
(Coates and Hill 2001). Some debate over what constitutes an acceptable level of risk as it relates to
informed patient consent have also appeared2 and concerns with low risk but the potential for life long
afflictions3.
Various New Zealand support groups within the National Neurological Organisations Network and
disability support networks exist. The central arachnoiditis support group in New Zealand is the
Arachnoiditis Sufferers, Action and Monitoring Society (ASAMS). This was established in 1995
following a TV program about arachnoiditis called A Shot in the Back, and subsequent newspaper
articles. Some 650 inquiries were received by the Wanganui Disability Resources Centre at the time.
The ASAMS provides support for sufferers and caregivers, information on the condition and the
possible dangers of medical procedures linked to arachnoiditis, education of medical professionals
about proper patient informed consent and help to set up similar support groups around New Zealand.
Their web site, which includes extensive resources is at www.aboutarachnoiditis.org.

gaffa09 Posted: Feb 15 2006, 11:35 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

Various New Zealand support groups within the National Neurological Organisations Network and
disability support networks exist. The central arachnoiditis support group in New Zealand is the
Arachnoiditis Sufferers, Action and Monitoring Society (ASAMS). This was established in 1995
following a TV program about arachnoiditis called A Shot in the Back, and subsequent newspaper
articles. Some 650 inquiries were received by the Wanganui Disability Resources Centre at the time.
The ASAMS provides support for sufferers and caregivers, information on the condition and the
possible dangers of medical procedures linked to arachnoiditis, education of medical professionals
about proper patient informed consent and help to set up similar support groups around New Zealand.
This part i wish to point out is if reading all info statement made ,
Most new paper articles especially in the beginning also TV 60 minutes and the forming of the group ASAM was carried out by my self . the phoning 60 minutes program getting a group together for a tv interview You got it
NO one has approach me for input, for research, or have even never acknowledge the few years that i put in , go to it ASAM lap it up I mean the glory and power Now what are you doing to help the sufferers please put it up on site for all the read
All this for a shot in the back as well as a stab in the back.
who is paying you

« Next Oldest | Arachnoiditis

#34 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

BUMP... :D <_<

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic