• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Consent ACC 167 form

#101 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:54 AM

Magnacarta

Well I havent got the wherewithal, funds or abilities to appeal to the courts..

I do agree that the reviewer has incorrectly understood and discharged his/her powers. Possibly even abused his position of power by making his decision. It does state in the section 6. "(g) a decision made under the Code about a claimant's complaint"

So I have decided to try the complaints avenue and review their decision when it is returned.

That will be interesting wont it!

Lorilye

Yes I have noted paragraph 5 of the ACC Consent form.

The Privacy Commissioner instructed ACC back in the late 90's that it was not allowed to use open ended consent forms.

The Privacy commissioner was especially insisten that the statement "for the duration of the claim" was removed.

Whilst ACC have stated that it is their policy to update the consents on an annual basis. Policy is not law and having an undated open ended authority to collect information from anybody anywhere is certainly foolish.

ACC must comply with the privacy law..

essentially ... No information is to be collected from any person or organisation unless first authorised by me (Privacy Principle 2 (2))..

----------

Of further note I had a discussion with my CM yesterday. She advised me that she is consulting the ACC legal department in an effort to clarify her response to my written question/statement that ACC does not hold any legal or statutory mandate to refuse to accept my informed consent including the supplemental sheet.

So I guess we are all going to be waiting a little longer before I can obtain a copy of ACC's current policy towards the "supplemental sheet".

Interesting ? Is this tatamount to a CM possibly questioning Policy ???? or is she just seeing if it is ok not to supply a copy of current policy ??? thereby forcing to me ask "officially" using the information act.

#102 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

Its about time you lot applied the privacy Act.

The corporation is looking at giving you some form of emtitlement.

Ask your case manager what information is going to be passed on and to whom.

ACC action will either be claiming that they are not and have no intention to supply an entitlement on receipt of the consent form or they will provide the information.

If nothing is going to be done them you can review the situtation as the corporation will be delaying your entitlements.

this action will put you in the position were ACC threat can be classed as harasement when they threaten to cease compensation.

the thing is that you do not need a blanket consent on file but ACC want it there so that they have control.

Please stop trying to get ACC to place on file that consent will be done case by case. Get the case manager to acept that consent will be done on case by case by threatening a review when they do not give you information.

Look at it from a second point of view.
The case manager loves to have on your file that you are not conforming. the review is because the case manager is not conforming with the Act. the review shows that the case manager is delaying your entitlements.

there is only two decisions that the reviewer can make

There is no entitlements (therefore no need for consent)

or

the case manager is to supply the information to the claimant were the claimant will give the consent on the information that is approximate. this also give the claimant a chance to add information if necessary.

the 167 form is no good for anything too hard to use in the wee office and usless in administerating the file.

remember the decision that you can review is the delay in supplying entitlements.

you all should read section 110 (3 ) and you can review the corporations decision to carry out the vocational independance as well.

#103 Guest_lorilye_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

doppelganger, on Dec 21 2005, 06:28 PM, said:

Its about time you lot applied the privacy Act.

Please stop trying to get ACC to place on file that consent will be done case by case. Get the case manager to acept that consent will be done on case by case by threatening a review when they do not give you information.

[QUOTE]

I have applied the privacy act until I am blue in the face....does it make any difference?????/ Not in the slightest. Is the letter acknowledged.....No! Do they answer my request for information....No!

Should I be forced onto pink soup.....then I will RUN to review....but what does a person live on while waiting for this review to take place?????

Just as well Mrs Chrisco filled up the cupboards for xmas.

Wishing all claimants a mighty fine time at Christmas.

Year of the Claimant roll on in here you beauty!! I believe we are underway in our fight for right.

Hoping all case manglers find some compassion under the tree, it may prevent them choking on their lies and deceptions.

Next Christmas if they have managed to disentitle as many as they wish, half of them should be redundant.......Grin.

cheers to all Lori

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users