Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost Information how to get it back!

#1 User is offline   rippedoff 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:41 AM

Merry xmas & happy new year! Or is it happy holiday? season now?

I spent December and the first half of January WAY UP NORTH Xperiencing a REAL WHITE,(Not to mention COOOOLD!) holiday season as it is called up here, in the Artic Circle! :wub:

With ACCSKUMMS 100% refusal for ANY FORM OF RE-TRAINING, I am still absoloutley COMPUTER IGNORANT! and have lost ALL information stored in my [email protected]!

Does anyone have any information on how I might be able to retrieve this lost info?

Thank You:Rippedoff

#2 User is offline   neddy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:45 AM

I assume you were storing your info in your Hotmail account?

This is something you should never do as Hotmail is volatile and deletes the oldest messages to make way for the new ones if you Inbox exceeds your limit of 2mb, this also applies to other email accounts eg Xtra.

1.I save my emails by cutting and pasting to a text file then save them to a suitably named folder in My Documents eg family, work, etc.

If you are using Outlook Express open the email, click on file, then select SAVE AS and save to the My Documents file or whatever file you wish to store it in. Unfortunately, Hotmail no longer allows current sigups to use Hotmail through Outlook Express, only those with long established accounts may do so.

If you are indeed storing your info in your inbox, I'm afraid it's dissapeared into the ether never to be recovered

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users